LIO purely as amp?

cjbaron

LIO purely as amp?
« on: 6 Sep 2015, 07:41 pm »
Hi Folks, i would like to configure a Lio strictly as an amp, at least for starters, no volume control at all. Based on website it doesnt appear possible to order without RVC or AVC. But in at least one thread in forum Vinnie says it's possible, using a simple jumper board in place of a VC module.

So is it possible? Anyone done it? Appreciate any advice.

Vinnie R.

Re: LIO purely as amp?
« Reply #1 on: 7 Sep 2015, 04:22 am »
Hi Folks, i would like to configure a Lio strictly as an amp, at least for starters, no volume control at all. Based on website it doesnt appear possible to order without RVC or AVC. But in at least one thread in forum Vinnie says it's possible, using a simple jumper board in place of a VC module.

So is it possible? Anyone done it? Appreciate any advice.

Hi cjbaron,

Welcome to the VR forum!

Sure you can!  When you go to "Build your LIO," simply select LIO INPUTS (you'll need to use one of the 3 RCA inputs of this module to feed an analog input into the LIO MOSFET AMP), and the LIO MOSFET AMP module.  I install the LIO JUMPER boards that bypass where the RVC or TUBESTAGE would go (but you can still get the TUBESTAGE if you want a tube input to the LIO power amp).

In this configuration, you'd need to use a preamp (active or passive), or your source needs to have a volume control built into it.

You can add other modules to it at any time later if you want.  :)

Vinnie

cjbaron

« Reply #2 on: 7 Sep 2015, 09:59 pm »
thanks Vinnie, that's what I had in mind. just for starters I'd like to get a handle on the amp before investing in everything else; I know I'll eventually want to try the AVC + tubestage, just don't want to shell out for everything all at once. yes I'm a cheapskate. :)

cheers!

Vinnie R.

« Reply #3 on: 8 Sep 2015, 02:01 am »
thanks Vinnie, that's what I had in mind. just for starters I'd like to get a handle on the amp before investing in everything else; I know I'll eventually want to try the AVC + tubestage, just don't want to shell out for everything all at once. yes I'm a cheapskate. :)

cheers!

Hi cjbaron,

Totally understandable!

Lead time is still approx. 6 weeks. 

Vinnie

cjbaron

« Reply #4 on: 8 Sep 2015, 05:33 am »
Yeah, about that 6 weeks. Maybe remove "In Stock" from your store site?

Vinnie R.

« Reply #5 on: 8 Sep 2015, 02:57 pm »
Yeah, about that 6 weeks. Maybe remove "In Stock" from your store site?

Hi cjbaron,

The shopping cart for our website doesn't let me put in a field for lead-time.  So I need to look into a
solution for this...

Vinnie

cjbaron

« Reply #6 on: 9 Sep 2015, 04:33 am »
Vinnie, same 6 week wait time on modules?

Vinnie R.

« Reply #7 on: 9 Sep 2015, 03:17 pm »
Vinnie, same 6 week wait time on modules?

Hi cjbaron,

I usually can do a lot better than that on modules (within 2 weeks, unless we are in the middle of building a new batch).

It is always best to email me directly regarding current lead-time...

Best regards

Vinnie