T.H.E. Show Newport Beach
« on: 19 Mar 2014, 12:54 am »

T.H.E. Show Newport Beach
May 30 > June 1

http://www.theshownewport.com/

SoCalWJS

Re: T.H.E. Show Newport Beach
« Reply #1 on: 19 Mar 2014, 01:12 am »
Bought my tickets yesterday for all 3 days. Both Hotels list rooms as being available. Haven't decided if I going to get a room at one of them or not. Decisions decisions.

Looking forward to the Show as always. Hopefully it will be well attended and all of the usual suspects (as well as some new faces and companies) are in attendance.

soundofrockets

« Reply #2 on: 19 Mar 2014, 03:08 am »
It's that time again already!  Seems like last week that we were there!  How time flies.

Vapor Audio

• Industry Participant
  • Building Audio Bling since 2007
    • Vapor Audio
« Reply #3 on: 19 Mar 2014, 04:25 am »
Vapor Audio will be there with Empirical Audio in room 1001 at the Hilton.  We'll be showing a Joule Black, and I know Steve has some DAC improvements to show off.  We loved the show last year, and are really looking forward to again this year! 

mgalusha

« Reply #4 on: 12 May 2014, 03:10 pm »
I was offered a deal too good to pass up on accommodations, booked my flight last night, three days of fun. Hope to meet some fellow AC members I've not met before.

Gopher

« Reply #5 on: 12 May 2014, 03:30 pm »
LampizatOr will be there in room 829 of the Hilton.  We will be debuting our "Big 7" statement DAC along side show partners Wells Audio, Ginko and Danacables.

Check us out!

mgalusha

« Reply #6 on: 12 May 2014, 03:37 pm »
LampizatOr will be there in room 829 of the Hilton.  We will be debuting our "Big 7" statement DAC along side show partners Wells Audio, Ginko and Danacables.

Check us out!

Are you going to be there Fred?

Russtafarian

• Typical reaction to the music I play
« Reply #7 on: 12 May 2014, 05:50 pm »
Mike, I hope to meet you there.  Looking forward to it.

I'll be hosting (passing out snacks, sodas & booze) the LA Audio Society hospitality suite Saturday morning until noon.  Hilton 831-833.  Y'all drop in and say hi.

Russ

« Last Edit: 16 May 2014, 07:02 pm by Russtafarian »

Hugh

• Industry Participant
    • Angel City Audio
« Reply #8 on: 12 May 2014, 05:58 pm »
ACA will be there in our usual room, Atrium #220.  :)

Gopher

« Reply #9 on: 17 May 2014, 01:55 pm »
Are you going to be there Fred?

I will indeed!

Look forward to meeting in person.

Triode Pete

• Industry Contributor
  • www.TriodeWireLabs.com
    • Triode Wire Labs - Affordable Audiophile Cables
« Reply #10 on: 17 May 2014, 04:44 pm »
Triode Wire Labs will be providing the entire cable loom in the Atrium Room 219 with Volti Audio Speakers and Border Patrol Electronics.

Greg Roberts from Volti is bringing a beautiful set of Rosewood Vittoras, and once again offering free shipping on this set from the show.  This is Greg's first West-Coaster show; Wait until you see & hear these gorgeous speakers!

We'll be using Gary Dew's BorderPatrol S10, with two separate Power Supply Units, delivering, 9wpc in single-ended configuration.  This amplifier provides all the midrange warmth and detail you expect from 300B's, but produces incredibly deep, tight, solid bass that you would not normally associate with 300B's.  BorderPatrol is also bringing along one of their very special Control Units, and DAC to round out the electronics.

We will have the "Seven Plus", "Ten Plus", and "Twelve Plus" power cables on hand, as well as the "American Speaker Cables", and the newest addition to the TWL lineup, the "Spirit" Interconnects. Special show discounts will be offered with free shipping!

We'll also be using an Pi Audio Group UberBUSS power distribution box... Thanks, Dave!!

Cheers,
Pete

« Last Edit: 18 May 2014, 01:37 am by Triode Pete »

James Romeyn

• Industry Participant
  • James Romeyn Music and Audio, LLC
    • James Romeyn Music and Audio, LLC

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=125924.0

Vendor Electra-Fidelity Hilton Room 920 niner-too-zeero (vendor's other room has different speaker brand). 

$4500/pr MSRP AudioKinesis "Zephrin 46" approximately 93 dB, high 30 Hz bass cutoff, natural/mechanical bass mode cancelling feature, user switchable 8 Ohm or 32 Ohm flat above the bass range (minimum 6/24 Ohm), high power handling/low thermal compression, wave guide compression tweeter, four 6.5"/five tweeters per channel, and lots more... 

LCS Late Ceiling Splash Patent Pending radiation pattern...In 2008 The Absolute Sound magazine, reviewer Robert E. Greene awarded AudioKinesis "Dream Maker" (original) the Golden Ear Award. Zephrin 46 incorporates refinement and evolution of DM design including cutting-edge state-of-the-art ambiance recreation parameters by Dr. Floyd Toole, Dr. Earl Geddes, high end pioneer Richard Shahinian, and others.  With all due respect to bipole, dipole, and omni-pole, LCS brings more audiophile goodness including the largest sweet spot and maximum placement options, even against the front wall!  And no fuzzy image outline nor bloated image dimensions, the bane of omni-pole.   

Ask a vendor representative to flip the transparent toggle switch located at the component rack to directly compare LCS vs. plain old-fashion mono pole.  Warning: this test is an existential risk to tolerance for non-LCS radiation patterns.

Please introduce yourself to LCS co-inventor (me) who shall summarize the theory behind it. 

Need more?  How about a unique natural bass-mode-cancelling feature built right in?  This feature is not EQ, is purely mechanical, operates in three-dimensional space to eliminate the mode source before it propagates, works throughout the room, lacks dreaded "hot spots," and is available no where else (EQ and "bass traps" are band-aids).  Remember the adage: it's easier to fix a problem before it occurs.   

Still not convinced?  Who's got a music source like this?  Want state of the art tubes, both OTL and transformer-coupled?  We got 'em!  Keep reading! 

Show System

Reel to Reel analog tape, what Cpt. James T. Kirk prefers over vinyl in the next Star Trek prequel: Otari MX5050 MkIII modified, 15ips, 1/4" half-track, playback head feeds custom outboard Atma-Sphere tube preamp/EQ...Master Tapes: Paul Stubblebine Tape Project, Swedish Opus Three (ex-LP manufacturer), and (hopefully) TRL Tube Research Labs Paul Weitzel

Digital: Resolution Audio Cantata CDP and Streamer

Preamp: All-new, affordable Atma-Sphere unbalanced tube line stage.  (Replaced an ARC Reference 3 in one audiophile's big rig!)

Power Amps: Electra-Fidelity 300B mono 10-12W....Atma-Sphere M60 mono OTL, 100W @ 32 Ohm (Zephrin 46 speaker is user-switchable 8 Ohm or 32 Ohm...nothing magnifies speaker cable performance like a 32 Ohm speaker load!)

Acoustic Treatments: Room Tunes original plus custom OC703 4'x8' (ask us about our ultra-high-tech diffusion surface)

Speaker Finishes: standard cost real wood veneer walnut, maple, or oak...extra cost custom veneers.

Did I say room niner-too-zeero

« Last Edit: 21 May 2014, 03:58 pm by James Romeyn »

Cheeseboy

« Reply #12 on: 21 May 2014, 02:17 am »
Jeez. I won't miss all of that. See you there.

Hugh

• Industry Participant
    • Angel City Audio
« Reply #13 on: 21 May 2014, 02:51 am »
Hahaha.

See you soon Cheeseboy :)
Jeez. I won't miss all of that. See you there.

SoCalWJS

« Reply #14 on: 23 May 2014, 04:07 pm »
Only a week away? - Hard to believe it came up this fast. See everybody next week!  :wave: There are so many different things I want to see. I guess I'm going to have to go slow and try to hit every room (but there are usually a few rooms that chase me out before I can get all the way in) I still have a room booked at the Hilton, but they called yesterday to try to get me to switch - sounds like they overbooked. They didn't push it yet, but I'll hang onto my backup at Embassy Suites until the bitter end.

Triode Pete - you going to be there?

Hugh - I will definitely stop by and say hi! - Always one of the most relaxing, musical setups at these shows. Which amps this year?

Hugh

• Industry Participant
    • Angel City Audio
« Reply #15 on: 23 May 2014, 05:59 pm »
We will still be using the big Melody MN845 (150W Class A) BUT the new toy is the new flag ship CD player from Onix aka OC103.  You can play both red book and digital with this one stop player.

IMHO, this player can compete favorably with the best currently on the market.

Only a week away? - Hard to believe it came up this fast. See everybody next week!  :wave: There are so many different things I want to see. I guess I'm going to have to go slow and try to hit every room (but there are usually a few rooms that chase me out before I can get all the way in) I still have a room booked at the Hilton, but they called yesterday to try to get me to switch - sounds like they overbooked. They didn't push it yet, but I'll hang onto my backup at Embassy Suites until the bitter end.

Triode Pete - you going to be there?

Hugh - I will definitely stop by and say hi! - Always one of the most relaxing, musical setups at these shows. Which amps this year?

Cheeseboy

« Reply #16 on: 23 May 2014, 09:10 pm »
Will you trade wine for a Class A Tube Amp?  Can't wait to hear them.

soundofrockets

« Reply #17 on: 23 May 2014, 09:19 pm »
Will you trade wine for a Class A Tube Amp?

you may need couple barrels of finest napa cab to pay off those beaties !!!!!!!

Hugh

• Industry Participant
    • Angel City Audio
« Reply #18 on: 23 May 2014, 11:07 pm »
I'll make an even trade for a case of 1990 Chateau Margaux.

justacoder

« Reply #19 on: 27 May 2014, 01:43 pm »
We are going to try something a little different with our Newport show report this year.

We are going to try and post the normal 500 to 1000 photos, in REAL TIME, as they are taken, on Instagram.

These will be lower resolution, but hopefully will give a more visceral feeling of 'being at the show'.

No need to login to Instagram or anything:

http://instagram.com/audiofederation

Or, if you prefer, you can see the photos off of the instagram tab on our facebook page:

http://facebook.com/audiofederation

This might be great or this might suck. Don't say you haven't been warned! :-)

[We'll be taking hi-res photos too, just not as many as we usually do].

Now on with the show...