Outstanding Demo CD's etc...

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
Re: Outstanding Demo CD's etc...
« Reply #920 on: 22 Jul 2010, 03:27 am »
I was so enthralled with his brilliant talent making a ukulele sing like a magic instrument.

Yes Alex....it's pretty cool...a ukulele.....only guy I knew who played one was Arthur Godfrey!!!  :lol:
Jake ROCKS !!!!  :rock:

adydula

• Restricted
« Reply #921 on: 22 Jul 2010, 11:37 am »
Gee Chris!!

Arthur Godfrey!!

Your showing your age here!!!  :eyebrows:

.....and I know him too!!

Time moves on...

Alex

adydula

• Restricted
« Reply #922 on: 24 Jul 2010, 01:45 am »
Ctouhey!

I just listened to the Walter Hyatt CD, KING TEARS.

I cant thank you enough for this recommendation. It is superb!

I sometimes just skip around on a new cd previewing, but I listened to the entire CD
start to finish it was that good.

Its so sad to learn that this talented person is no longer with us in this world.
He certaintly had a great voice and talent.

I got some new hardware and it was fun to listen to this new selection on the new preamp and amp..

Get it while you can!

http://www.amazon.com/King-Tears-Walter-Hyatt/dp/B000002P4T/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1279935848&sr=1-5

All the best
Alex :eyebrows:

adydula

• Restricted
« Reply #923 on: 24 Jul 2010, 01:53 am »
HAITIMAN...

I finally got the Doreen Smith Cd "In the Still of the Night A Tribute to Julie London" and yes I listened to "Route 66" ..

And it was really very well done, I listened to it several times....awesome.

This cd is a demo disc for sure...it took a long time to get it from Canada, I called the site and it showed up the next day!!

Thanks much for the recommendation!!
Awesome..

All the best
Alex

:eyebrows:

http://www.fidelioaudio.com/prod/production_show.php?id=12

martyo

« Reply #924 on: 24 Jul 2010, 04:22 pm »
First heard a cut on WDCB our local jazz+ station and missed who the artists were. Last week they were in the studio. Very good recording and excellent music. A few of the cuts will be demos with that UltraValve/Insight/Songtower set IMO since they are over here. :eyebrows: 8)

ctouhey

« Reply #925 on: 24 Jul 2010, 04:36 pm »
Ctouhey!

I just listened to the Walter Hyatt CD, KING TEARS.

I cant thank you enough for this recommendation. It is superb!

I sometimes just skip around on a new cd previewing, but I listened to the entire CD
start to finish it was that good.

Its so sad to learn that this talented person is no longer with us in this world.
He certaintly had a great voice and talent.

I got some new hardware and it was fun to listen to this new selection on the new preamp and amp..

Get it while you can!

http://www.amazon.com/King-Tears-Walter-Hyatt/dp/B000002P4T/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1279935848&sr=1-5

All the best
Alex :eyebrows:

Glad you enjoyed it, Alex!

I saw Walter with the late Champ Hood at the Mucky Duck here in Houston not long before the accident.  The performance was simply stunning and the crowd was absolutely silent during the songs.

After the crash, there was a sold-out tribute/fund-raiser for his family held in Austin, and I went up there for the show with Rusty and Teresa (who own the Mucky Duck).  There were some incredible performances and very moving tributes.

Chris

HAITIMAN

« Reply #926 on: 24 Jul 2010, 05:16 pm »
HAITIMAN...

I finally got the Doreen Smith Cd "In the Still of the Night A Tribute to Julie London" and yes I listened to "Route 66" ..

And it was really very well done, I listened to it several times....awesome.

This cd is a demo disc for sure...it took a long time to get it from Canada, I called the site and it showed up the next day!!

Thanks much for the recommendation!!
Awesome..

All the best
Alex

http://www.fidelioaudio.com/prod/production_show.php?id=12
Thanks. It has a unique ambience, for sure. Very live.

Best,

Art_Chicago

« Reply #927 on: 27 Jul 2010, 01:17 am »
Thanks. Let us know how you like it.
Man, it is a great CD all around. Better than Norah in any way! the sq is great

Art_Chicago

« Reply #928 on: 27 Jul 2010, 01:21 am »
First heard a cut on WDCB our local jazz+ station and missed who the artists were. Last week they were in the studio. Very good recording and excellent music. A few of the cuts will be demos with that UltraValve/Insight/Songtower set IMO since they are over here. :eyebrows: 8)

Martyo,
I saw them last August at the College of Dupage Jazz Fest and bought the CD right away. I agree about the sound quality and the music. I think even lonewolfy liked it  :D

Ryanz

« Reply #929 on: 27 Jul 2010, 03:17 am »

Fantastic recording!

Ryanz

« Reply #930 on: 27 Jul 2010, 03:28 am »
Gents,

I am looking for very well recorded piano pieces.  I am talking bring you to your knees, make you weep like a little girl because its so beautiful piano pieces.  Any recommendations?

Seriously. I bought this based off Naps recommendation, I was blown away! Check it out, it's exactly what you're looking for. Thanks again Nap. I listen to it daily.

lonewolfny42

« Reply #931 on: 27 Jul 2010, 05:05 am »

Seriously. I bought this based off Naps recommendation, I was blown away! Check it out, it's exactly what you're looking for. Thanks again Nap. I listen to it daily.

Link....  :thumb:

Martyo,
I saw them last August at the College of Dupage Jazz Fest and bought the CD right away. I agree about the sound quality and the music. I think even lonewolfy liked it

I did....good stuff.... :thumb:

Link....

nyc_paramedic

« Reply #932 on: 27 Jul 2010, 10:55 pm »
Man, it is a great CD all around. Better than Norah in any way! the sq is great

You want another one? You ever here of Eleni Mandell? Album is Miracle of Five.

Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eleni_Mandell

Amazon link: http://www.amazon.com/Miracle-Five-Eleni-Mandell/dp/B000JRYO8S/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1280271086&sr=8-1

You can't go wrong for $1.79 on the A's used market place.

The sound stage stretches from wall to wall on my HT-2 TL's. On the song My Twin, at approximately 2:22, there are two horns that come in. The one to the left, a clarinet IIRC, will make the hairs on thhe back of your neck stand up in attention!

Big Red Machine

« Reply #933 on: 27 Jul 2010, 11:10 pm »
My latest, HEMI 10, CD:

#CURTRACK 5
#EXTM3U
#EXTINF:279,Sadhana
G:\Music\Sounds of Wood & Steel 10 Steve Stevens Sadhana.flac
#EXTINF:297,Sweet In The Mornin' (Voicestra)
G:\Music\Bobby McFerrin Medicine Music 06.Sweet In The Mornin' (Voicestra).flac
#EXTINF:248,Bad Man Walking
G:\Music\Gov't Mule Deja Voodoo 01.Bad Man Walking.flac
#EXTINF:240,Smile
G:\Music\Marilyn Scott Nightcap 02.Smile.flac
#EXTINF:152,I try
G:\Music\Deeper than gravity Ben Taylor 02 I try.flac
#EXTINF:170,There'll Come A Time
G:\Music\The Royal Garden Trio The Royal Garden Trio 01.There'll Come A Time.flac
#EXTINF:243,Lennon-McCartney - Eleanor Rigby
G:\Music\Joshua Bell At Home With Friends 09 Lennon-McCartney - Eleanor Rigby.flac
#EXTINF:404,Woosi
G:\Music\Baka Beyond The Meeting Pool 01 Woosi.flac
#EXTINF:313,Don't Stop The Music [Live From The Oak Room]
G:\Music\Jamie Cullum The Pursuit [Deluxe Edition] 16.Don't Stop The Music [Live From The Oak Room].flac
#EXTINF:328,Dirt
G:\Music\Penguin Cafe Orchestra When in Rome... 15 Dirt.flac
#EXTINF:287,Steady On
G:\Music\Point of Grace Steady On... 01 Steady On.flac
#EXTINF:257,Moon Rivers and Such
G:\Music\Kristina Train Spilt Milk 07 Moon Rivers and Such.flac
#EXTINF:203,Reunion
G:\Music\Jim Brock PASAJES 09 Reunion.flac
#EXTINF:254,I'm Yours
G:\Music\The Script The Script 10 I'm Yours.flac
#EXTINF:208,Free To Be Me
G:\Music\Francesca Battistelli My Paper Heart 01 Free To Be Me.flac
#EXTINF:279,Sometime Ago
G:\Music\Bill Evans You Must Believe In Spring 06.Sometime Ago.flac
#EXTINF:181,On A Slow Boat To China
G:\Music\The Royal Garden Trio The Royal Garden Trio 03.On A Slow Boat To China.flac
#EXTINF:188,The 23rd Psalm
G:\Music\Bobby McFerrin Medicine Music 12.The 23rd Psalm.flac

adydula

• Restricted
« Reply #934 on: 29 Jul 2010, 01:34 am »
nyc_paramedic!

Got Dogs today and your right the kick drum gave me goosebumps!!

I listened to it with thru my new Ultravalve amp, preamp with some new Blue Jeans Cables LC1's and the experience was absolutely marvelous...such a nice fresh voice!

Thank you for the recommendation!

Alex

Art_Chicago

« Reply #935 on: 29 Jul 2010, 01:37 am »
You want another one? You ever here of Eleni Mandell? Album is Miracle of Five.

Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eleni_Mandell

Amazon link: http://www.amazon.com/Miracle-Five-Eleni-Mandell/dp/B000JRYO8S/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1280271086&sr=8-1

You can't go wrong for $1.79 on the A's used market place.

The sound stage stretches from wall to wall on my HT-2 TL's. On the song My Twin, at approximately 2:22, there are two horns that come in. The one to the left, a clarinet IIRC, will make the hairs on thhe back of your neck stand up in attention!

ordered ... awaiting

lonewolfny42

« Reply #936 on: 30 Jul 2010, 05:29 am »
From Russia with love.....Two Siberians - "Out of Nowhere".... :guitar:

I've had this awhile....came out in 2005....good guitar work....good variety of tunes.
Electric guitarist Yuri Matveyev and electric violinist Artyom Yakushenko are virtuosos, and their music-a singular hybrid of rock, folk and jazz propelled by a Russian ethnic pulse-is unlike anything out there.Yes, it’s instrumental music (electric violin and electric guitar), but do not be fooled. Think infectious melodies with burning virtuosic displays. Think impassioned whispers and fiery bursts with a propulsive ethnic pulse. Think world pop instrumental. Or just consider the opinion of Maty Fernandez of MTV: “These two guys do what it takes Dave Matthews five guys to do.”

Check it out.... :thumb:

http://www.amazon.com/Out-Nowhere-Two-Siberians/dp/B0007D4MKE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1280466770&sr=1-1

adydula

• Restricted
« Reply #937 on: 30 Jul 2010, 11:58 am »
Thanks Chris, on order, one of those 1 cent used deals or $1.40 new...life is good!

Alex
 :D

Art_Chicago

« Reply #938 on: 31 Jul 2010, 02:04 pm »
From Russia with love.....Two Siberians - "Out of Nowhere".... :guitar:

I've had this awhile....came out in 2005....good guitar work....good variety of tunes.
Electric guitarist Yuri Matveyev and electric violinist Artyom Yakushenko are virtuosos, and their music-a singular hybrid of rock, folk and jazz propelled by a Russian ethnic pulse-is unlike anything out there.Yes, it’s instrumental music (electric violin and electric guitar), but do not be fooled. Think infectious melodies with burning virtuosic displays. Think impassioned whispers and fiery bursts with a propulsive ethnic pulse. Think world pop instrumental. Or just consider the opinion of Maty Fernandez of MTV: “These two guys do what it takes Dave Matthews five guys to do.”

Check it out.... :thumb:

http://www.amazon.com/Out-Nowhere-Two-Siberians/dp/B0007D4MKE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1280466770&sr=1-1

It is a good one, I have been enjoying it for several years now. Lots of russian folk tunes that are tastefully arranged into a world-jazz form  :thumb:

adydula

• Restricted
« Reply #939 on: 2 Aug 2010, 12:55 am »
Just finished another wonderful moody listening session...I really liked the Walter Hyatt CD that was recommended awhile back and I got his: Some Unfinished Business:
http://www.amazon.com/Some-Unfinished-Business-Walter-Hyatt/dp/B001231472/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1280710169&sr=1-1

I wouldnt call this one a Demo CD, but if you like Walter Hyatt its a good listen.

Also Walter Hyatts, Music Town:
http://www.amazon.com/Music-Town-Walter-Hyatt/dp/B000000EWV/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1280710169&sr=1-3

This one is very well recorded and its real county like and sounds wonderful.
King Tears still is my favorite but I enjoyed these as well.

Finally we got out an oldie but a goodie.
Larry Carltons, Alone-But Never Alone
http://www.amazon.com/Alone-But-Never-Larry-Carlton/dp/B000002O2I/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1280709733&sr=1-1

This is a superb cd that is from 1986 genre, very well rercorded, full on ambiance and all those really neat little things, shimmering in the background. Wonderful acoustic guitar. Larry at his finest. 5 Star. Demo Quality.

I highly recommend this Carlton CD... Its only .99 cents at the A!!! What have you got to loose!!

All the best
Alex