Outstanding Demo CD's etc...

Stylus

Re: Outstanding Demo CD's etc...
« Reply #660 on: 10 Jan 2010, 09:17 pm »
The Salk owners google group was starting to get spam, and I changed the group to a membership group.  Consequently, only members will be able to download, modify, and/or upload the file, which is the only content on the group's site. 

If anyone wants access to the Outstanding Demo CD file or wishes to use the site to share other content, please join.
I put in a request to join, is that all I have to do?

adydula

• Restricted
« Reply #661 on: 10 Jan 2010, 11:50 pm »
Hello,

Has anyone listeded to "Raising Sand" the collaboration between Alison Krauss and Robert Plant?

Some reviews state its 5 star, some indicate the recording is not up to demo standards??

Anyone?

All the best
Alex
 :D

oneinthepipe

• Trainee
    • Salk Signature Sound/Audio by Van Alstine two-channel system
« Reply #662 on: 11 Jan 2010, 02:39 am »
I put in a request to join, is that all I have to do?

That covers it.

There is only the spreadsheet on the group, and I don't think that the spreadsheet has been updated.  adydula listed several additional recordings a few days ago.  If someone is willing to update the spreadsheet, that would be great.  I could do it by row and column, but I think that there might be a more efficient method.

taoggniklat

« Reply #663 on: 11 Jan 2010, 03:34 am »

That covers it.

There is only the spreadsheet on the group, and I don't think that the spreadsheet has been updated.  adydula listed several additional recordings a few days ago.  If someone is willing to update the spreadsheet, that would be great.  I could do it by row and column, but I think that there might be a more efficient method.

I have been working on re-formatting. I should have it done tomorrow I think.

Art_Chicago

« Reply #664 on: 11 Jan 2010, 02:51 pm »
Hello,

Has anyone listeded to "Raising Sand" the collaboration between Alison Krauss and Robert Plant?

Some reviews state its 5 star, some indicate the recording is not up to demo standards??

Anyone?

All the best
Alex

Alex, pages 9 and 12 of the thread. There is hiss on the CD   :( , plz follow the link:
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f9/raising-sand-hiss-purpose-285419/

oneinthepipe

• Trainee
« Reply #665 on: 11 Jan 2010, 04:38 pm »
I continue to receive requests to join without AC members' user names in the reason for joining box.  I don't need or desire to have your real email address.  If you prefer, just make up a fake gmail or yahoo account.  Otherwise, I assume that the requests are from spiders.   

adydula

• Restricted
« Reply #666 on: 12 Jan 2010, 01:38 am »
Thanks Art for the reply, I will forgo the acquisition for awhile, maybe I will go to Borders and audition live.

Taoggnikdat, thankd for the assist on the list formatting in a spreadsheet.

All the best!
Alex
 aa

taoggniklat

« Reply #667 on: 12 Jan 2010, 02:05 am »
I have been working on re-formatting. I should have it done tomorrow I think.

Sorry I didn't get to it today, work was crazy busy. Soon I hope!

MrAcoustat

« Reply #668 on: 12 Jan 2010, 03:37 am »
Byron Metcalf  Wachuma's Wave since 2003 i bring this cd to the Montreal F.S.I. show and every year auidiophiles take note of this cd all the tracks are good BUT the special one is number 5 buy it you won't regret.

TJC712

« Reply #669 on: 12 Jan 2010, 05:31 am »
Joan Armatrading's 1st release by the same name has some great tunes very well recorded. Still holds up some 30+ years later.

oneinthepipe

• Trainee
« Reply #670 on: 12 Jan 2010, 07:50 am »
Joan Armatrading's 1st release by the same name has some great tunes very well recorded. Still holds up some 30+ years later.

Yes, there are some very well-recorded tracks.  Her music is very good, too.  I have most of her albums on LP.  I met her after one of her shows in the mid-80s. 

Atlplasma

• Just off the boat
« Reply #671 on: 12 Jan 2010, 10:30 pm »
Hello,

Anyone?

All the best
Alex

I like this recording a great deal and don't think you would be disappointed owning it. It's also available as a high rez download at https://www.hdtracks.com/index.php?file=catalogdetail&valbum_code=HD011661907522.

Art_Chicago

« Reply #672 on: 13 Jan 2010, 01:40 am »
I like this recording a great deal and don't think you would be disappointed owning it. It's also available as a high rez download at https://www.hdtracks.com/index.php?file=catalogdetail&valbum_code=HD011661907522.
yeap, that is what I have-- a hi-rez file from HDtracks... pretty hissy!

Mr_Superstar

« Reply #673 on: 14 Jan 2010, 01:57 am »
A few suggestions that I didn't see anyone mention (or if someone did, I'm sorry, I missed it..)

Tool - Lateralus (the whole CD). I think this CD is extremely well recorded (it's also an HDCD - though I can't really tell a difference).

Also, Enya - "Pax Deorum" on "The Memory of Trees". This song is in latin, I believe. Great recording.

Atlplasma

• Just off the boat
« Reply #674 on: 14 Jan 2010, 12:53 pm »
yeap, that is what I have-- a hi-rez file from HDtracks... pretty hissy!

I popped in my regular CD for a quick listen, and you're right. It's hissy--but the music is nice.

adydula

• Restricted
« Reply #675 on: 14 Jan 2010, 02:16 pm »
Thanks for all the posts on the "hissing' on the Raising Sand disc.

Also thanks for the suggestion on the Enya "The Memory of Trees". Enya has been recommended in the thread already but not this particular disc. I will look into this one. Thanks!

All the best
Alex
 :eyebrows:

K Shep

« Reply #676 on: 15 Jan 2010, 02:44 am »

adydula

• Restricted
« Reply #677 on: 15 Jan 2010, 05:51 pm »
Thanks K Shep!

Just ordered!!

88 cents!!

Alex

All the best

K Shep

« Reply #678 on: 16 Jan 2010, 05:43 am »
Thanks K Shep!

Just ordered!!

88 cents!!

Wow, I just looked at Amazon...great price!

jimdgoulding

« Reply #679 on: 16 Jan 2010, 09:30 am »
Yes, there are some very well-recorded tracks.  Her music is very good, too.  I have most of her albums on LP.  I met her after one of her shows in the mid-80s.
Willl retrieve her first album and listen again.  Thanks.  I dig that song she was popular for.