Conrad Johnson PV-11L Fantastic Sounding Preamp- $1000 obo

apt_one

Fantastic sounding Conrad Johnson line stage preamp with some NOS 1958 Sylvania 12AU7 PLATINUM GRADE tubes just installed. Preamp is in 8/10 condition and like Conrad Johnson says - it just sounds right! These do not come up for sale often....so do not hesitate. I have owned both regular and line stage versions of this preamp and I give the edge to the line stage version sound purity wise.

Buyer to pay actual fedex insured shipping charges and if paying via paypal, please add 3% to grand total. Contact me at apt_one@yahoo.com.

Information:

Successor to the PV8, the PV11 advanced the conrad-johnson zero feedback approach to elicit the ultimate in dynamic contrasts and spatial information. An improved line stage circuit, incorporating two 12AU7s was introduced in the PV11. Like the PV8, the PV11 features the exclusive use of polypropylene and polystyrene capacitors throughout the audio circuits and related power supplies — no electrolytics are used, even in the main power supply input filter.

The PV11L is a line stage version of the PV11 (without phono stage).

Features:

Inputs/Outputs — Phono,Tuner, Auxiliary, Tape1, and Tape2 inputs; Rec1, Rec2, and two amplifier (Main) outputs.

Controls:

Selector, Tape 1/Tape 2, Source/Monitor, Mode (Left, Right, Stereo, Reverse, Mono), Balance, Power, and Level.

PV11L V1 & V2: unused V3: unused V4: unused, V5, & V6: 12AU7 Replacement Tubes Set RT11L

Specifications:

Gain: Line Stage 18 dB Distortion: less than .1% THD or IMD Response: bandpass 2Hz to more than 100kHz RIAA equalization: +/- .25 dB (20 to 20 kHz) S/N Ratio: Phono Stage 78 dB below 10 mv input Line Stage 92 dB below 2.5 volt output Phase Response: Line Stage phase inverting, Phono Stage phase correct Mechanical: 19" X 3" x 12.5"