Bass Duet Recordings

LesterSleepsIn

• Occasionally consternated
Re: Bass Duet Recordings
« Reply #20 on: 26 Jan 2018, 05:58 pm »

Since Richard brought cello/guitar recordings into conversation I’d like to add two recordings.

A few years later I found a used Dave Holland/Derek Bailey lp, Improvisations for Cello and Guitar. 

I had survived Holland in Circle and Conference of the Birds.  it must have been about 1980 when I found the very early ECM recording of Holland and Bailey.  It proved to be well outside my realm of music appreciation.  Maybe Richard will declare that it is a masterpiece.  I present it for your consideration.

After many exhausting hours of meditation, self-reflection and fasting from all food and drink - ok, maybe it was just for a few minutes - I declare the Holland/Bailey a masterpiece, though for some it will probably be placed in the “maybe not for me” drawer. The same can be said for Conference of the Birds.

Holland has solo bass and solo cello recordings as well. Quite nice. (That nice man who broke into the house in 1978 took them, along with the other lps and the stereo. How considerate.)

There’s some very nice classical and jazz SOLO bass recordings but perhaps that’s the topic for another thread?

Meanwhile, I have more Jones and Maruri

And this:

And yes, the Xavier and Carter does look bad ass. Just ordered it. Thanks.

dB Cooper

« Reply #21 on: 26 Jan 2018, 11:59 pm »

I present it for your consideration.

Channeling Rod Serling there, tj?  :lol:

TJ-Sully

« Reply #22 on: 27 Jan 2018, 01:17 am »
here's one:  http://www.thilemeyer.com

and...also a duet with mandolin & piano..

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #23 on: 30 Jan 2018, 01:54 am »
John Patitucci, Victor Wooten, Victor Bailey, Steve Bailey:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNXS7Zyda6Q