The Mivera Audio Icepower 1200AS Purepower and Purepower SE case thread.

debjit.g

I’m going to have a pocket milled for the switch lip so it flush mounts on the bottom panel. That will look pretty nice.

The flush mount of those switches is a great idea but not too fond of putting them in the bottom  :duh: those cool looking switch can enhance the looks of the chassis itself if they are flush mounted on the front panel. It would be a great design, imo  :)

Don_S

The flush mount of those switches is a great idea but not too fond of putting them in the bottom  :duh: those cool looking switch can enhance the looks of the chassis itself if they are flush mounted on the front panel. It would be a great design, imo  :)

I think that ship has sailed.  Anyway, I like the bottom position.  I don't like illuminated switches staring at me like a cat walking away.  :no_see: :lol:

bavmike

• Facilitator

We already went over this many times. More people don't like the front mounted switch than like it. Then the guys who don't like it front mounted, don't like it rear mounted either. The only location that hasn't caused an uproar of disapproval has been on the bottom right, just behind the front face. The design work for this amp is now finished.

bavmike

• Facilitator
Barrows/Mike, are you suggesting that the -ive speaker terminal can be used instead of the ground ? will there be any damage either to the Sub or Amp if I want to try it out ?

Try it. No there won't be any damage. Henryo is already doing it this way. If you're worried keep the sub amp low at first.

bavmike

• Facilitator
I've lost count with all the changes back and forth, but what is the current pricing on an assembled Takachi cased amp with full 10year warranty?

The Takachi based amp is $899 in silver and $939 in black. All standard parts. Assembled with 10 year warranty. And only an option for lot 1-4 guys.

bavmike

• Facilitator
it's not a matter of me "not having faith" in someone or something, it's a question of no longer being offered an upgrade path that was clearly put forward as being possible...after the first pics of those actual cases would be posted.

I'm absolutely applauding your quest to (technically) alter things for the better, but these sort of U-turns just don't feel right to me, sorry.

If making the product better doesn't feel right to you, you can always just get the exact product you originally ordered. The product that's on your invoice. The reason I'm ending the upgrade option is simply because I'm not going to have enough cases. Not because of any malicious reasons. I didn't anticipate 95% of people would be ordering the SE in lot 5. I'm building twice as many standard cases as SE, but only 2 people ordered standard cases in lot 5.

ohenry

Try it. No there won't be any damage. Henryo is already doing it this way. If you're worried keep the sub amp low at first.

Yes, I connected my Ice amp to a Crown XLS2500 for my subs running in stereo.  I have to use a 600R resistor in series for the positive legs of each channel's RCA input because there isn't a high level connection.  The Ice amp didn't flinch, something most Class D amps can't do.  Some pass DC and some simply go into fault mode.  I don't think using the resistors on the positives and low level inputs really matter, it's always the common ground scheme that give a problem.

I kept a check on the DC offset for almost a week of continuous running to make sure I don't injure something downstream.  There is no difference in DC from operating without the sub amp.  So, I'd be confident in saying Mike's amp can perform the same with any common ground input downstream for subs.

I now run the Ice amp with two bridged Crown amps with the same good results.  I hope this helps.   :wink:

bavmike

• Facilitator
I'm testing out this switch. The colors are very rich and nice. And it's a nice soft lighting as well. I'm very impressed. I would show pics but I can't capture the light accurately with my camera.

ZimAhUm

• Restricted
it's not a matter of me "not having faith" in someone or something, it's a question of no longer being offered an upgrade path that was clearly put forward as being possible...after the first pics of those actual cases would be posted.

I'm absolutely applauding your quest to (technically) alter things for the better, but these sort of U-turns just don't feel right to me, sorry.

If making the product better doesn't feel right to you, you can always just get the exact product you originally ordered. The product that's on your invoice. The reason I'm ending the upgrade option is simply because I'm not going to have enough cases. Not because of any malicious reasons. I didn't anticipate 95% of people would be ordering the SE in lot 5. I'm building twice as many standard cases as SE, but only 2 people ordered standard cases in lot 5.

Hopefully I can help shed some light and help in the understanding of this confusion without being labeled a troll or buffoon...

Making the product "better" can be a matter of degree or opinion to a customer or potential customer for a variety of reasons.  I mentioned before that I was in this business and, trust me, any change had to be approved by either the customer or designer or contractor.  I learned that from experience.

I think what doesn't feel right to Dynky is that you are, once again, for better or worse, changing your decision on the fly, i.e., going back on your word.  So it makes one pause and think, "well what about the warranty and upgrade path?  What if Mike decides that it's just not doable anymore and says 'oh, well, hey guys I didn't anticipate all these upgrades and now I got too many cases laying around and/or so many problems with the audio input so the warranty is equal to ICEpowerDK and you have until 3 days from now to upgrade!' "

I understand and appreciate both sides of this, believe me, because I've been on both sides.  I know that Mike is making a modest profit on these amps.  Then, when making some really great performance upgrades to the product and passing along great pricing to the customer, a bunch of nitpicky complaints come rolling in.

Many people have gone by good faith sending the full payment to someone putting together a kit or build they never have met.  Many of us are relaxed about the deadline delivery time, not holding you to one specific date, hoping for a better product by putting our trust in your experience. 

So, in this specific example, if we are willing to wait an extra two or three weeks for an SE case (without complaint and usually with "take your time, Mike") then stick to your decision and show a completed SE case before closing that upgrade path.

There's goodwill on both sides of this transaction and I'm pretty sure everyone is going to be thrilled when all is said and done.

genjamon

Also, if you're having trouble moving those Standard cases, you might consider offering a version of SE with Standard cases but all the other upgrades.  I have a feeling that's what's really motivating all the upgrades to SE.  The SE case will be awesome, of course, but the Standard will also be totally rad and high quality, and some may prefer to save the $$ with a slightly less awesome case in the Standard version if given the option. 

ZimAhUm

• Restricted
Also, if you're having trouble moving those Standard cases, you might consider offering a version of SE with Standard cases but all the other upgrades.  I have a feeling that's what's really motivating all the upgrades to SE.  The SE case will be awesome, of course, but the Standard will also be totally rad and high quality, and some may prefer to save the $$ with a slightly less awesome case in the Standard version if given the option.

Great point.  Also the increased weight of the SE case may make it a no-go for some.

bavmike

• Facilitator
Dynky upgraded to the new standard case without seeing it first. So I’m not sure what the big deal about seeing the SE case first. It’s going to look identical besides panels twice as thick, and the text in the front will be engraved rather than laser etched. When I sold the amps to everyone, I sold them the amps that were on their invoice. These amps that I released later, are different amps. Yet I keep making enhancements and not charging the original buyers anything extra. I also offered a very cheap upgrade price from the kit to the new standard. So I don’t see what there is to complain about here. I sold out Lot 5 in almost all SE’s. And nobody seen the finished case first. I’m not backing out on the upgrade path, but if all SE cases are sold out for this batch, I can’t upgrade all the people who bought different amps earlier. You’ll just need to wait till Lot 6.

bavmike

• Facilitator

Or maybe the SE is just too cheap? My standard is better than any other 1200AS amp on the market, yet is still the cheapest.

bavmike

• Facilitator
So just to clarify. I will always honour my trade up policy. But in order to do so, I must have stock of the product first. Or you’ll need to wait until I do. I can’t ship products to people that are sold out. Soon all of these cases will be finished, and. I’ll have many high res photos. Then it will be very clear what the options for the price are. But I can’t show photos of complete finished cases until they’re finished.

Photon46

Mike, I've tried sending a message to you using your contact form on Mivera Audio's home page but the Name, Email, and Subject fields won't accept any input. Only the message field is functional.

bavmike

• Facilitator
Mike, I've tried sending a message to you using your contact form on Mivera Audio's home page but the Name, Email, and Subject fields won't accept any input. Only the message field is functional.
Okay I tried it out myself. Seems you must put the message in first then press send. Then it prompts you for your email. Put in your email and press send. It prompts you for your name. Put your name in and press send, the messages sends.

Don’t ask me why it works that way.

bavmike

• Facilitator
I figured out the switches now as well. The red/green switch only has the option to go red and green. So red when on, green when in standby. The multicolor works different. It is whatever color you wire it to be when on, and off when in standby. I thought the red/green could be reversed to be green/red by just reversing the led wires like all traditional bi-color pushbutton switches. But I was wrong.

genjamon

Can the red/green lights be turned off and still have the switch function?  I'm red/green color blind.  Thought it was going to be light on when on, light off when off.  I can see whether a light is on or off, but won't be able to reliably tell the difference between red/green colors.  1/6 of the male population has this issue.

bavmike

• Facilitator
Can the red/green lights be turned off and still have the switch function?  I'm red/green color blind.  Thought it was going to be light on when on, light off when off.  I can see whether a light is on or off, but won't be able to reliably tell the difference between red/green colors.  1/6 of the male population has this issue.

I still haven’t connected it to the amp. But no you can’t have the red/green switch work without LED’s on. As soon as you supply the power it needs to function, there’s always a light on in either red or green. If you’re color blind, then this switch option won’t be for you. Only other thing I can do without waiting the lead time for more multicolor switches is send these red/greens back and get the multicolor in ring illumination. Then people can choose any color, but they will need to choose between ring illumination style or area illumination.

Dynky

Hopefully I can help shed some light and help in the understanding of this confusion without being labeled a troll or buffoon...

Making the product "better" can be a matter of degree or opinion to a customer or potential customer for a variety of reasons.  I mentioned before that I was in this business and, trust me, any change had to be approved by either the customer or designer or contractor.  I learned that from experience.

I think what doesn't feel right to Dynky is that you are, once again, for better or worse, changing your decision on the fly, i.e., going back on your word.  So it makes one pause and think, "well what about the warranty and upgrade path?  What if Mike decides that it's just not doable anymore and says 'oh, well, hey guys I didn't anticipate all these upgrades and now I got too many cases laying around and/or so many problems with the audio input so the warranty is equal to ICEpowerDK and you have until 3 days from now to upgrade!' "

I understand and appreciate both sides of this, believe me, because I've been on both sides.  I know that Mike is making a modest profit on these amps.  Then, when making some really great performance upgrades to the product and passing along great pricing to the customer, a bunch of nitpicky complaints come rolling in.

Many people have gone by good faith sending the full payment to someone putting together a kit or build they never have met.  Many of us are relaxed about the deadline delivery time, not holding you to one specific date, hoping for a better product by putting our trust in your experience. 

So, in this specific example, if we are willing to wait an extra two or three weeks for an SE case (without complaint and usually with "take your time, Mike") then stick to your decision and show a completed SE case before closing that upgrade path.

There's goodwill on both sides of this transaction and I'm pretty sure everyone is going to be thrilled when all is said and done.
I cancelled my order, not worth my energy discussing this type of thing with someone who's convinced he's always got the right end of the stick

I've highlighted the part that effectively put me off + the simple solution as you've laid out...but the decision how things will go was made for us, so I'm no longer in the picture :)