A Beyerdynamic Christmas!!! Ho! Ho! Ho!

adydula

• Restricted
Re: A Beyerdynamic Christmas!!! Ho! Ho! Ho!
« Reply #20 on: 28 Dec 2016, 02:50 pm »
I have been listening for a few days with my Bottlehead Crack, with Speedball and I was noticeing that it takes more volume to play the T1's to the same listening levels as the T90's.

So i asked over at the Bottlehead forum how much current /voltage the amp is capable of. Looks like 330mw at 500ohms and the drivers of the T1 are 300mw rated from what I have read. Also the voltage does get up there with this amp compared to many solid state amps out there. There are exceptions for sure.

That said the Crack with these cans work very, very well....and many times you easily get lost in the music and are surprised with the presentation. Going back to the T90s after a few days of not listening to them they sound good, accurate but there is that missing overall experience. The T1's just have the more "complete' musical sound.

adydula

• Restricted
« Reply #21 on: 5 Jan 2017, 10:27 pm »
Well good ole Amazon now has these back up to $1099!!!..I am so glad I bought them when I did...they actually dropped to $788....

Alex

adydula

• Restricted
« Reply #22 on: 19 Jan 2017, 12:11 am »
Well its been a month now with the T1's 2nd gen. and they have totally surprised me many times over...in a good way.

I have settled in on using them with the Bottlehead Crack (with the speedball mod) almost 100% of the time. I used to think it might not have enough power to drive these headphones, but now I am convinced they have the power and with decent material the results are indeed magical.

I have never stopped tinkering with my stuff, dacs, amps, tweaking etc and just leaned back in my chair and listen to the music for pure enjoyment. I am constantly finding myself smiling, hearing stuff in the recording that is very subtle. Many of my older recordings come alive and its really alive.

With various live performances they perform spectacularly.

The comfort level is high and its easy to listen to several hours and not have "hot" ears!! LOL.

I honestly think these have to be one of the best dynamic headphones on the planet.

I probably will till muck aroud with amps, I just like building stuff!! Possibly the HP1 ??

This has to be one of the nicest Christmas gifts I have treated myself to in a long time.....I wish I had done this
sooner!!

Alex