Video guides to setting up JRiver for DSD and hirez

ted_b

• Facilitator
  • "we're all bozos on this bus" F.T.
Re: Video guides to setting up JRiver for DSD and hirez
« Reply #20 on: 2 Nov 2015, 05:20 pm »
Can you take a screenshot of your DSP page?  Your JRiver install my be re-sampling.  It should look something like this...(in this older example the dac couldn't handle 88k so I had all 88k upsampled to 96k) with everything set to no change except any sample rates too high for the BDA2 (like 352k), or set to downsample DSD to PCM, for example.

All of this is in my videos, btw.

ksbruce

« Reply #21 on: 7 Nov 2015, 11:42 pm »
Hey Ted
I just got my Chord Mojo and it's playing dsd as 768k. I have JRMC19 and downloaded 21 as a trial. I have teied asio, wasapi and ks. It's set to bitstream dsd and no resampling is taking place. Here are a few screenshots. Thanks

ted_b

• Facilitator
« Reply #22 on: 8 Nov 2015, 12:10 am »
Your screen shots confirm that input and output are both DSD64 (2.8Mhz).  JRIver is playing it fine.  Where do you see 768k (color wheel on Mojo)?

ksbruce

« Reply #23 on: 8 Nov 2015, 02:09 am »
Your screen shots confirm that input and output are both DSD64 (2.8Mhz).  JRIver is playing it fine.  Where do you see 768k (color wheel on Mojo)?
Hey Ted
Yes the power button/sample freq light is wrong on anything over 192k. Dxd shows as 192k. Dsd shows 768k.

Hard to tell in thepic of the mojo but it is light purple- 768k.

ted_b

• Facilitator
« Reply #24 on: 8 Nov 2015, 02:20 am »
Weird.  How does it sound?

ksbruce

« Reply #25 on: 8 Nov 2015, 03:33 am »
Weird.  How does it sound?
Excellent! No complaints there. I will try uninstalling the driver tomorrow and download it again.
Thanks!

ksbruce

« Reply #26 on: 8 Nov 2015, 04:07 am »

Ted I also had a coupon code 8 Ensembles in 1bit and it wouldn't play at all.

Hear Clifford Brown

« Reply #27 on: 12 Nov 2015, 03:02 pm »
Ted thanks for this.  It got me through an anxious week of worrying about setting up my system now that I have a DirectStream DAC with Bridge 1 installed, and JRemote on an iPad.  Prior to finding your videos I was reading everything on the PS Audio Forum about Bridge / Jriver setup and many people there have had issues.  After seeing your instructions I just did it and although initially the Bridge did not show up in JRiver, now it does and it's been working fine for two days.

I've been using a Modwright Logitech Transporter which the DS replaces, and have a SB in a secondary system.  Controlled with Squeezepad.  JRiver is slow to respond compared to Logitech Media Server, but JRiver is much more powerful with everything it can do.

Interestingly the SB in the secondary system shows up in JRiver as a device under Playing Now.  Haven't experimented yet to see if JRiver can control it, which seems unlikely.