RMAF 2011 - Vendors To Hit

Charles Calkins

Re: RMAF 2011 - Vendors To Hit
« Reply #20 on: 2 May 2011, 10:30 pm »
Hi Guys:
 Cool river cafe is within walking distance of the Marriott. I'm sure they can accommodate private parties. Food pretty darn good!!

Cheers
                                        Charlie

jhm731

« Reply #21 on: 3 May 2011, 12:27 am »
Please add Green Mountain Audio to your list.

They'll be introducing a new speaker.

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #22 on: 3 May 2011, 01:23 am »
I don't think I've ever heard GMA speakers, added!

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #23 on: 3 May 2011, 03:11 am »
Hi Guys:
 Cool river cafe is within walking distance of the Marriott. I'm sure they can accommodate private parties. Food pretty darn good!!

Cheers
                                        Charlie

Yes....they have private rooms...few years ago had a group gathering there...was very nice....good food and drink. :thumb:

http://www.coolrivercafe.com/home.php?c=1

PS....Tyson....don't "hit" any vendors....just look...listen and talk.... :jester:

OzarkTom

« Reply #24 on: 21 May 2011, 05:45 pm »
Don't miss Anthony Gallo speakers, a giant killer above many.

TONEPUB

« Reply #25 on: 21 May 2011, 07:39 pm »
They sound "fast and open", but don't have the tonal warmth I like in tube amps.

Just haven't heard em with the right speakers.  OTL's are very speaker dependent. 

standub

« Reply #26 on: 21 May 2011, 09:51 pm »
I'm not sure Hansen will be there, Audio Unlimited brought them every year and they are now closed.

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #27 on: 21 May 2011, 09:59 pm »
I'm not sure Hansen will be there, Audio Unlimited brought them every year and they are now closed.

What's Carl Jerrits doing after Audio Unlimited?  Anyone know?

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #28 on: 15 Aug 2011, 03:44 am »
OK, the list is pretty good on the front page.  Any other vendors, please let me know.

hi5harry

« Reply #29 on: 15 Aug 2011, 04:03 am »
Voce speakers will be in room 453. If you get a chance to hear their new V2 I think you will be impressed.

OzarkTom

« Reply #30 on: 15 Aug 2011, 10:58 am »
They sound "fast and open", but don't have the tonal warmth I like in tube amps.

The warmth effect comes from the output transformers in the non-OTL amps, it also veils the music.

richidoo

« Reply #31 on: 15 Aug 2011, 11:38 am »
Volti Audio is a new company, coming to RMAF for first time. They make custom Klipsch clone speakers with artisan craftsmanship and the best high performance drivers and crossover parts. They were one of the best sounds at Capitol Audio Fest, and the proprietor Greg Roberts is a cool guy.

http://www.voltiaudio.com/

bpape

• Industry Participant
  • I am serious and don't call my Shirley
    • Sensible Sound Solutions
« Reply #32 on: 15 Aug 2011, 11:49 am »
We'll be there again Tyson.  You can hit several birds with one stone since as far as I know, it's us, Empirical, BPT, and TAD in the same room we were in last year.

Bryan

OzarkTom

« Reply #33 on: 15 Aug 2011, 12:30 pm »
Tyson, make sure you hit as many rooms as you can. You will kick yourself afterwards if you don't.

The big scheduled Canfest looks very interesting. Audeze might have a display in there too.

I have my plane tiks now, hope to bump into some of you guys at the show.

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #34 on: 15 Aug 2011, 12:42 pm »
High Water Audio - Jeff's Catano's (sp?) rooms always get high marks and his was the favorite for my wife and me at a show last year.  Before hearing the Aspara speakers he used, I'd never really been drawn to horns, but they sounded so, so good that I immediately started scheming about how I could get a pair sometime in the future.  Definitely worth a few songs.

It is Jeff Catalano and his shop is called High Water Sound (http://www.highwatersound.com/).

I have known Jeff for 15+ years and he definitely knows his music and gear!

His room has a few constants year after year...

Always has tubes
Always has vinyl
Always sounds damn good!!

George

rbwalt

« Reply #35 on: 15 Aug 2011, 02:25 pm »
Bobby from Merlin will be at this years show with the latest incarnation of the fantastic VSM and it is a killer!!!!

Do not miss it!

R.

bentconvert

« Reply #36 on: 15 Aug 2011, 03:20 pm »
Looks like Audio Unlimited will be there this year.

From Audiogon:

05-16-11: Audio_unlimited
The official report.....

The sale went very well and for the first few hours it resembled a crazed mob at Walmart clamoring for the last Playstation on release day. Sales remained steady through the rest of the day with some of the biggest sales towards the end of the day but the most volume at the beginning. It took most of the day today to simply deal with the overflow from Saturday and ship the requests from out of town folks who were smart enough to request an inventory list and reserve some of the goodies.

It was a great tragedy to have lost John at the young age of 59 but it was truly a pleasure to have worked with him for just short of 11 years and see his youthful enthusiasm for all things in life, especially good sound. It was our pleasure to serve the audio community and fulfill the dreams of our clients.

At the moment, it is true that the showroom is being closed and the future is uncertain. For 2011, our RMAF rooms on the Mezzanine will remain and will feature a tribute to John Barnes.

It is too soon to see what the future holds as the dust has yet to begin to settle.

For now, there are still some great deals to be had for those that care to inquire and much of the remaining gear will find its way here soon.

Happy Listening!

-Carl

OzarkTom

« Reply #37 on: 17 Aug 2011, 11:50 pm »
Tyson, don't miss the MBL room if you never have heard those speakers. MBL always seems to play the system painfully loud, so tell them to turn it down. The MBL's were the absolute best imaging loudspeakers in 1981 and probably the very best today. Price was high then, and much higher today. But well worth to look and listen, I think that is still free.

Anthony Gallo will not be there. :cry:

OzarkTom

« Reply #38 on: 18 Sep 2011, 02:53 am »
You also might want to see the Audeze room at the show. The RMAF site says Audeze will be showing planer speakers. If they sound as good as the LCD2 headphones do, watch out.

neekomax

« Reply #39 on: 18 Sep 2011, 03:04 am »
AJ will be there, go check out Soundfield Audio, see what all the hype is about :)!