Senility Check---HELP!

Blackmore

Senility Check---HELP!
« on: 20 Nov 2014, 08:28 pm »
No jokes, please (unless they're funny)

What are these?  I know what they do, I remember buying them, but have NO IDEA who made them or what they're called.  It's driving me nuts!

BobM

Re: Senility Check---HELP!
« Reply #1 on: 20 Nov 2014, 08:44 pm »
I forgot who made them but they are basically plastic boxed filled with oil-treated crystals, to be used on your mains coming into the home, or on power outlets, or other places where RFI can harm your power. There were different models for different purposes, as indicated by the silver writing on your boxes.

They did work. Not just mumbo jumbo.

Blackmore

« Reply #2 on: 20 Nov 2014, 08:48 pm »
He sold them from Germany through his Facebook page.  It's killing me......almost have a name.......nope, nothing.

Vapor Audio

• Industry Participant
  • Building Audio Bling since 2007
    • Vapor Audio
« Reply #3 on: 20 Nov 2014, 09:18 pm »
I forgot who made them but they are basically plastic boxed filled with oil-treated crystals, to be used on your mains coming into the home, or on power outlets, or other places where RFI can harm your power. There were different models for different purposes, as indicated by the silver writing on your boxes.

They did work. Not just mumbo jumbo.

They work at what exactly?  Efficiently transferring money from your account to his?

Blackmore

« Reply #4 on: 20 Nov 2014, 11:44 pm »
Found it!!! Alan Maher CBF.  Crisis over.

Bob in St. Louis

• Facilitator
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
« Reply #5 on: 21 Nov 2014, 02:49 pm »
Those are the pill containers that hold your doses of senility meds Mark.  :wink:

GT Audio Works

« Reply #6 on: 21 Nov 2014, 03:03 pm »
looks like you walked out of the restaurant with that little vibrating gizmo they give you to let you know your table is ready!

Blackmore

« Reply #7 on: 21 Nov 2014, 03:33 pm »
Yeah, BISL but they don't have the day of the week like my "regular " personality pill boxes. No wonder I couldn't remember what their name was.   :lol:

GT, they rattle a bit when shaken, but no buzzing yet. 

Bob in St. Louis

• Facilitator
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
« Reply #8 on: 21 Nov 2014, 03:39 pm »
 :lol: :lol: :lol:

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
« Reply #9 on: 21 Nov 2014, 03:50 pm »
    Alan Maher developed these for his allergies. They were designed to reduce EMF in ones electrical system.Then he realized his audio system sounded better. A unexpected result. It appears that the treated Quartz crystals when charged by the flowing current reduce or eliminate the EMF.
    For me one installed at wire bundle at panel and one inside the outlet box feeding the system. They take some time to charge and one will hear the immediate change. Sounds dull with a reduced soundstage and little bass. When charged fully the sound opens up and has more presence and dynamics. Most are not patient enough to wait approx 21 days for the CBF to charge.
   During one of our club meetings we demonstrated the affect by removing the one at the wire bundle. The difference was immediately heard by all. Lost its Mojo. Less dynamic and veiled, go figure.
    One would have to rip these from my dead cold hands. Very affective. Price ? another story.

charles

Blackmore

« Reply #10 on: 21 Nov 2014, 03:57 pm »
Rollo, I never heard about the charging time before. Thanks so much for that.  I have used them on the main feed to my audio for years and I also tried them in some digital gear.  I'll give them more time to work if I move them around.  Great reply. 

RDavidson

« Reply #11 on: 21 Nov 2014, 05:40 pm »
They work at what exactly?  Efficiently transferring money from your account to his?

:lol: Good one!
But, I'll always stand by the idea that if you perceive something good/bad in your system with any of this kind of stuff, it's all good. All our systems, rooms, ears, brains are different and everyone is entitled to their own experiences. :thumb:
Does it mean that I'm going to rush out and buy some of these things? No, but that's just me.

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
« Reply #12 on: 21 Nov 2014, 06:20 pm »
     Perception is one thing testing another. We have conducted numerous listening  tests with the AM devices. We have several club members who are manufactures of audio gear. Skeptical ? you bet they are.
    Before we even started the blind tests there they were out there talking down the product as suspected. They now use them. I do not sell them or promote them just another happy user. Quartz has its place in audio how it is applied is still a learning curve, so why not experiment ?
    The affect is easily noticed good or bad.

charles

RDavidson

« Reply #13 on: 21 Nov 2014, 06:39 pm »
     Perception is one thing testing another. We have conducted numerous listening  tests with the AM devices. We have several club members who are manufactures of audio gear. Skeptical ? you bet they are.
    Before we even started the blind tests there they were out there talking down the product as suspected. They now use them. I do not sell them or promote them just another happy user. Quartz has its place in audio how it is applied is still a learning curve, so why not experiment ?
    The affect is easily noticed good or bad.

charles

The reason I used "perception" as the key word, is because I'm not one to believe scientific measurements, tools, techniques should be used as the only way to validate something we humans can sense or "perceive." Sometimes things are felt (in the broad sense as some form of energy) as much as they are heard, and we may not always have explanation for what we're feeling or sensing.......but, this doesn't mean that nothing is actually happening or that our senses are invalid. Get what I'm saying? Some would say "Well my analyzer isn't showing anything, so nothing is happening." I say, our minds and bodies are the best analyzers even if we lack a way to explain phenomena with scientific data. :thumb: