2012 AK Festival - Sheraton in Novi Michigan. April 28 & 29, 2012

bombadil111

• Hawthorne Audio, MiniWatt N3, Music Hall DAC 25.3
DTW - Detroit Metro

Quite close via highway.

Yup, what he said.  We were typing at the same time  :lol:

Big Red Machine

Best airport to fly into?

I had this discussion with Dave on the phone today.  20 miles up 275 from the airport.  Our speed limit in the area are 70 and we generally drive 80-85 as the norm.  This is a very short trip from the airport.  Plenty of dining and shopping in the area.  Novi is an upscale suburb.  The Sheraton is 200 yards off the 275 at 8 mile road. 

Big Red Machine

The room Group Code for sleeping rooms is:  AFD26A

This is a wacky number but is a Sheraton Corp. number and good for corporate reservations.  So if you  make your reservation with the company outside the Novi site itself, the code is recognized.

About 14 member rooms booked, 4 solid vendor commitments so far, and and another half dozen still pending and we haven't even opened the flood gates yet!

Big Red Machine

:duh: :duh:

Previous event website:

http://www.akfest.com/

Vapor Audio

• Industry Participant
  • Building Audio Bling since 2007
    • Vapor Audio
Bill O'Connell and I are for sure in, looking forward to it already!  We're talking about a 2nd room, since I'd like to show off a different pair of speakers in addition to the Cirrus. 

HAL

• Industry Contributor
Oh man, this is the weekend before LSAF this year.   :scratch:

Vapor Audio

• Industry Participant
    • Vapor Audio
Oh man, this is the weekend before LSAF this year.   :scratch:

Yeah, I noticed that ... I thinking one of the two needs to change dates, probably LSAF that should change. 

Big Red Machine

I'd like to get GR Research here in Detroit also. Folks are very interested in Danny's offerings and with LSAF a week away that will hurt our chances.

Big Red Machine

Bill O'Connell and I are for sure in, looking forward to it already!  We're talking about a 2nd room, since I'd like to show off a different pair of speakers in addition to the Cirrus.

Rock on!  With our kick-the-economy-in-the-teeth prices we hope to draw plenty of manufacturers.

Big Red Machine

I know Fritz is in, Klaus is in, very good chance for McIntosh and Marantz.  Dave, Rich and I are just getting going. 

roscoeiii

BRM,
Try any of the Chicago audio dealers? Maybe Music Direct (who could hopefully bring some sweet MoFis)? Or dealers with lines of gear that aren't carried by MI dealers? Don Better in Cleveland might be another good one to invite. A Well Tempered Amadeus dealer among other interesting gear folks would be interested in...

bpape

• Industry Participant
  • I am serious and don't call my Shirley
    • Sensible Sound Solutions
We're 99% sure we'll be in with Klauss/Alex/Odyssey. 

Bryan

TomS

BRM,
Try any of the Chicago audio dealers? Maybe Music Direct (who could hopefully bring some sweet MoFis)? Or dealers with lines of gear that aren't carried by MI dealers? Don Better in Cleveland might be another good one to invite. A Well Tempered Amadeus dealer among other interesting gear folks would be interested in...
And Audio Advisor is in Grand Rapids

Big Red Machine

I know Fritz is in, Klaus is in, very good chance for McIntosh and Marantz.  Dave, Rich and I are just getting going.

Add Bogdan Audio Creations as well.

Big Red Machine

I have dimensions and pricing for the larger rooms if any exhibitor is in need.

They are also $250 lower than last show!!

Vapor Audio

• Industry Participant
    • Vapor Audio
I have dimensions and pricing for the larger rooms if any exhibitor is in need.

They are also $250 lower than last show!!

Larger rooms?  I thought there was only one size? 

Bill from Morningstar and I have a room reserved ... Eastern Electric and Vapor Audio.  Do they give out trophies for Best of Show?   :lol:

I'm thinking about a 2nd room, could you PM me more details on the larger rooms?

roscoeiii

Oh Vapor,

If you don't get two rooms, please bring multiple speakers that you can demo. I loved both the speakers I heard at the Chicago DIY event....

Big Red Machine

Larger rooms?  I thought there was only one size? 

Bill from Morningstar and I have a room reserved ... Eastern Electric and Vapor Audio.  Do they give out trophies for Best of Show?   :lol:

I'm thinking about a 2nd room, could you PM me more details on the larger rooms?

I emailed it to you.

A couple of things happened:  first, the women at the hotel with the capacity to deal in the larger rooms has been out with the flu.  Second was the uncertainty we could rent them out for the show.  There are 9 large and 2 very large rooms available at lower prices than the last show by $250.  Dave made a new deal and it looks like we will easily occupy 4 of them.

emac

Would love to have Hawthorne Audio there as well.  Darrel's a very nice guy.

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
Darrel has presented before, but he probably lost money with all the homemade cookies I ate (thanks again Diane).  I'm diabetic, hadn't eaten, and dang they were good!