gary dodd

bardamu

gary dodd
« on: 1 Feb 2015, 03:51 pm »
Hello,
After reading all these comments about a customer who did have some issues with his Bryston gear and who did react to viciously according to most members.
I wonder where are the people who did transfer money to gary dodd and are still waiting for something to arrive? May 2014 i did transfer more than 1700$ to him no use from him so far.
Maybe we should reunite and start a legal procedure?
Sincere greetings, Edward

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
Re: gary dodd
« Reply #1 on: 1 Feb 2015, 03:56 pm »
 :rules:  :duh:

fredgarvin

« Reply #2 on: 1 Feb 2015, 04:46 pm »
I have no use from reunite.

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
« Reply #3 on: 1 Feb 2015, 04:56 pm »
This not meant as a defense, but the Gary will never pay off his medical bills.  I've known him for years.  He is a good man in bad circumstances.  I don't know if he will ever manage to make good on commitments, but sueing a man that's dead broke will only make your lawyer happy.

bardamu

« Reply #4 on: 1 Feb 2015, 04:58 pm »
Hello,
I mean unite. There are more people who are in the same situation i did hear from a reliable source who is known for his excellent customer service. Sincere greetings, Edward

RDavidson

« Reply #5 on: 1 Feb 2015, 05:08 pm »
bardamu, while I can understand your frustration, it may do you well to read a bit about Gary's ongoing medical complications. I think Danny (GR Research Circle) has a thread on the topic as he is a great friend of Gary's.

bardamu

« Reply #6 on: 1 Feb 2015, 05:11 pm »
Hello,
Of course taking money from customers knowing that you will not be able to deliver can never be justified. He shouldn't have asked for money ubnless he was sure that he could deliver something that could keep his customers happy.
Not sure if these customers would need a lawyer and here people have insurance for legal help. BUT there is no money to be returned to the betrayed customers.
So maybe just publish the facts as a warning?
Sincere greetings, edward

bardamu

« Reply #7 on: 1 Feb 2015, 05:23 pm »
Hello Mr Davidson,
I know about his health issues and the attempts here to raise some money for him.
But having a pile of bills to pay can never be an excuse to take someones money when you know you will not be able to do something in return.
I did use paypal and he did advice me to send it as a personal gift so it would be cheaper for the both of us. But doing so i cannot use paypal to get my money back.
And probably the IRS cannot find out this source of income?
Sincere greetings, Edward

RDavidson

« Reply #8 on: 1 Feb 2015, 05:48 pm »
I really don't think Gary would've taken your money without intentions of following through on your order. It seems to me that he often tried to get back on track, but his condition would rather suddenly come back and without warning, putting him in the hospital for blood transfusions. I think you're assuming he knew he was on a downward slide, but took your money regardless. What I see is a man trying to be optimistic and continue to try and work while he felt he still could. What would you do in his situation? Roll over and concede defeat or try and fight back? It's an unfortunate situation all around. You're out some cash. He's barely scraping by in more ways than one.

sfox7076

« Reply #9 on: 1 Feb 2015, 06:07 pm »
He needs to file for bankruptcy and start over.  He can choose to honor old orders of not.  Regardless, he needs the medical bills off his back.  I tried to talk to him about that, but he wouldn't listen.  Now, I don't even know where he is. 

mca

« Reply #10 on: 1 Feb 2015, 06:14 pm »
Maybe Danny can chime in with an update on Gary, it's been a while.
« Last Edit: 1 Feb 2015, 07:28 pm by mca »

bardamu

« Reply #11 on: 1 Feb 2015, 06:14 pm »
Hello,
He did tell me he was waiting for some tubes that a friend of him would send him to use in my device. That was the message i did get after sending him the money.
After that i did hear that the major part suppliers were not sending him anymore parts because of unpaid bills. He didnt use my money to buy parts.
Some people did suggest me just to transfer some money so he can get the parts needed.
He just made promises he knew he couldnt fullfill. The situation would have been different if he didnt spend the money and just keep the customers waiting untill his health would improve.
Out some cash? it is about a months salary. Did see loads of American tv shows . Many people spending much more than they should. Living on credit so to say. Car on credit, subprime mortgages, a boat if possible, food on credit, audio on credit. But no health insurrance, survival of the fittest.

RDavidson

« Reply #12 on: 1 Feb 2015, 06:46 pm »
Hello,
He did tell me he was waiting for some tubes that a friend of him would send him to use in my device. That was the message i did get after sending him the money.
After that i did hear that the major part suppliers were not sending him anymore parts because of unpaid bills. He didnt use my money to buy parts.
Some people did suggest me just to transfer some money so he can get the parts needed.
He just made promises he knew he couldnt fullfill. The situation would have been different if he didnt spend the money and just keep the customers waiting untill his health would improve.
Out some cash? it is about a months salary. Did see loads of American tv shows . Many people spending much more than they should. Living on credit so to say. Car on credit, subprime mortgages, a boat if possible, food on credit, audio on credit. But no health insurrance, survival of the fittest.

Made promises he KNEW he couldn't fulfill? You sure about that?
Yes, just cash. At least you still likely have your health. Gary doesn't.
Sorry, but you aren't going to find compassion from people when you seem to lack it yourself.

And another thing, it's pretty shitty to make assumptions about someone based on TV programs. I'm pretty positive Gary had health insurance WHILE HE WAS STILL EMPLOYED! He was let go, because his medical condition wouldn't allow him to maintain his regular 8:00-5:00 job. Pray that you never have to endure such a situation yourself.

bardamu

« Reply #13 on: 1 Feb 2015, 07:17 pm »
Hello,
He did use my money for other things than for buying parts and his labour.
I am chronically ill too but not as serious as gary that is for sure but my cost are paid by insurance.
Not looking for compassion just want something in return for my money.
Americain tv shows are usually not a good source of information i know. But there are newspapers and magazines that clearly show that there are a lot of people over there living on credit.
If i wanna flush money down the drain i wanna choose myself where to do it. Getting my ears cleaned in a vietnamese barbershop is a nice way to do that. Much more detail now. I will advise my Canadian friend Guy to do the same before returning to Canada.
Greetings, Edward

RDavidson

« Reply #14 on: 1 Feb 2015, 08:01 pm »
I understand, but unless Gary's situation changes dramatically, I don't see how your wish will be fulfilled regardless of any type of legal procedure to pursue it.

Yeah, credit problems are an issue here, but they aren't always due to people wanting to live beyond their means. In fact, credit card debt has declined over the last few years. If you wish to actually learn about the root of the problem, it's multi-facited and you should read about it ; The poor economy, rising health care costs, high unemployment, low wages, rising student loan debt, etc. etc. are all contributing factors to the issue, not just people wanting to live a fantasy. I'm pretty positive Canada also deals with these issues, but Canada also has a much lower population than the US, so I don't think the problems are quite as prevalent.

Phil A

« Reply #15 on: 1 Feb 2015, 08:06 pm »
Medical issues cause more bankruptcy issues than any other cause - http://www.cnbc.com/id/100840148#.

Back in 2008 I was retired for about 6 years and I went back to work specifically for medical benefits.  It's a horrible feeling to be left with a choice of really high premiums (in 2008 with a $10k deductible for medical, my yearly expenses were $24k, only $2k of which was not medical or dental premiums and that was going up 15-20% per year so probably by today it would be double) or buying necessities or normal purchases.

Phil A

« Reply #16 on: 1 Feb 2015, 08:07 pm »
PS - Wish Gary the best.  It is so hard to be unable to do what you normally could do.

sfox7076

« Reply #17 on: 1 Feb 2015, 08:13 pm »
I am a bankruptcy lawyer, not personal though.  I really tried to help him out...

maplegrovemusic

• Please Be kind to your ears .... Treat your room
« Reply #18 on: 1 Feb 2015, 08:24 pm »
Let me preface this buy saying I am a Gary fan , but if he did spend customers money on anything but parts i have an issue with that . Desperate people do desperate things .Is there really an excuse for spending parts money on health bills or food or rent or anything else ? Could he have possibly been robbing Peter to pay Paul ? and now Paul is left out ?
Full reimbursement should be Gary's goal if he is an honorable man . We all make mistakes . The true judge will be if he fixes the mistakes

roscoeiii

« Reply #19 on: 1 Feb 2015, 08:29 pm »
IIRC,  there were some cognitive issues also related to Gary's medical issues and/or surgeries. Like others have suggested,  maybe contact Danny Richie here. He has been doing a lot to help Gary and could possibly help or at least give you an update.