• http://www.bryston.com
Bryston 28B Report from New Zealand
« on: 23 Mar 2015, 12:43 pm »
MEMO: To All Bryston Customers
SUBJECT: Bryston 28B SST2 Amps - Customer Feedback

March 2015

Bryston 28B SST2 Amplifiers – New Zealand

Hi James,

The 28B's arrived Friday the 20th. At first I wasn't sure but as the day went on and the amps started warm up I realised these were some very special amps. Having listened to the SA's for a year or so I was used to a big forward sound.

What I have heard with the 28's over the last 3 days is a refined sound, intonation in the vocals previously not heard and a more detailed and balanced soundstage. With the SA's the main vocals seem to be way out in front and as a consequence the mid range was lost at times. With the 28's I am able to pick up sounds in the mid range previously not heard that well. When it comes to bass I feel the 28's have greater control and there is no bleeding of bass which can happen on certain tracks with the SA's.

When run at low levels the 28's are in a class of their own. Run at low levels the SA's noise level is very audible but with the 28's it just the music and nothing else.
As you can probably gather by now I am more than happy with the 28's, in so much as I have ordered a 7B for my centre speaker but will  have to wait 6 weeks as Australia has no stock but thats OK!!! Down the track I will try the Bp26 pre amp.

I'm not knocking the SA's. They are a good amp and if it is a big full loud sound that one wants then they are just the amp. However for me personally as I grow in terms of listening to music with good quality gear it is becoming apparent to me that loudness is not everything. There is nothing more exciting when one has listened to a track many times and thinks its damn good and then listens to it again with a different setup (i.e.amps) and one hears things in that track things never heard before!!! That's what the 28's are doing for me.

Cheers,
Mary, From New Zealand

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
Re: Bryston 28B Report from New Zealand
« Reply #1 on: 24 Mar 2015, 10:42 am »
Mary's System ^^^^^^

Rod_S

« Reply #2 on: 24 Mar 2015, 12:01 pm »
Very nice, I like the Maestro/Viva combination up front.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
« Reply #3 on: 18 Apr 2015, 01:14 am »
Gary,

I feel compelled to share with you that I did purchase 28bsst2 after all to pair with my revel salon 2 and the system has never sounded better, thanks for your insight and advice.

A little annoyed at myself as over the years I have owned pass labs, conrad johnson, levinson and never a Bryston, even though it's a canadian company etc, these amps are amazing, smoke anything else I have owned, please pass on to the powers that be at Bryston that they have won over another customer or two and to keep up the good work.

Dan

1oldguy

« Reply #4 on: 4 Jul 2015, 08:33 pm »
The finest amps period. I would not buy any other!

Mag

« Reply #5 on: 4 Jul 2015, 11:27 pm »
The finest amps period. I would not buy any other!

Hi Oldguy, you're still around! Did the Model T's do it for you?
Still loving my Model T passives. 8)