In case I miss, or lose you in the shuffle.

Outofthewoods

• Industry Participant
  • Fallen Enclosures, Inc. Crafted with Passion
Re: In case I miss, or lose you in the shuffle.
« Reply #60 on: 2 Oct 2014, 07:14 pm »
Hey Guys,

Rob - I have to get Brian's stuff out of here right away. I thought I'd be able to deliver his stuff this weekend, but that's not going to happen. I'm a couple weeks away from shipping your stuff. Don't worry, Brian's case is unique and you'll be listening to your speakers real soon.

wshuff - I will have a tracking number for you tomorrow.

Greg - Yours will ship after Robs. I am assembling them free of charge. All you'll need to do is in install the kit and your done.

I don't want to get into specifics on what's been going on in my life these past couple of months, but I've been going through it. I've been doing my best to maintain and am very embarrassed and ashamed to be in this situation with work. Never been in this predicament before and it's tough for me to deal with. I'm really sorry for any frustration and anxiety that I've caused.

I'd like to offer you guys (Greg, Rob) something extra for your trouble and was thinking that maybe a pair of X-LS Encore's would be a nice little gesture. Whatcha think? They would ship after your orders as to not cause any more delay.

Best,

Ruben

gregfisk

• Restricted
  • Us alone in the universe? sure is a waste of SPACE
« Reply #61 on: 2 Oct 2014, 09:37 pm »
Rubin,

You are a good man and I'm pretty sure everyone here knows that.

I'm sending you a PM.

Greg

rms8

« Reply #62 on: 3 Oct 2014, 12:07 am »
What he said ^

PM sent as well......

Rob

brj

« Reply #63 on: 3 Oct 2014, 06:30 am »
Ruben, please contact me directly.  These vague, incomplete forum posts do not answer the specific questions that I've asked you multiple times over multiple months via multiple communication paths.  I still want to know when, precisely, I can expect delivery and what issues remain.

I agree with others in that you're a good guy with good intentions, and the quality of your work and perfectionism do you significant credit, but, to speak plainly, that's only part of the equation if you mean to operate a customer facing business.  As I've mentioned previously, even the most basic direct communication would go a long way in alleviating the significant and well justified frustration among your customers.  I, and others, will usually happily cut you some level of slack in the face of personal trials if you at least communicate.  And in my case, the last thing we need is for you to have to rework something on my speakers yet again because you didn't ask or answer a particular question.  Clear communication (and detailed documentation of all discussions for future reference) protects you as much as your customers.

I've never felt it appropriate to express concerns or frustrations publicly (as you well know, given what I've told you about my last set of speakers from another manufacturer), but your insistence on using this communications medium can't help but expose some small part of it during customer attempts to obtain any amount of information.  Let's please have an actual conversation and get the issues addressed, with a clear path forward and firm commitments.  At the very least, please answer the questions that I've sent you repeatedly via email.  I know you want this effort completed every bit as much as I.

Thank you.

bdp24

« Reply #64 on: 3 Oct 2014, 09:37 pm »
What a great post, brj!

brj

« Reply #65 on: 16 Oct 2014, 05:22 am »
Thanks, bdp24!

Has anyone heard anything from Ruben?

rms8

« Reply #66 on: 16 Oct 2014, 11:48 am »

I sent a PM and an email (on the 11th) letting Ruben know I have family coming up the weekend of the 25th to visit and see our new home.  I haven't heard anything back yet.  Of course, everyone keeps asking if the home theater I worked on for a year is finished.  I tell them sort-a.  Still waiting on the main speakers, but everything else is finished. 

It would be great if the speakers came in before that (as promised above) so I could have time to set them up and calibrate the audio.  They looked so close to being finished in the last pic he posted.

Fingers crossed !!  :D

Rob

Danny Richie

« Reply #67 on: 16 Oct 2014, 04:32 pm »
Thanks, bdp24!

While I was in Denver last week I drove to his house and picked up the last set of Super-7 cabinets.

rms8

« Reply #68 on: 16 Oct 2014, 06:02 pm »
While I was in Denver last week I drove to his house and picked up the last set of Super-7 cabinets.

Did you happen to see a set of LS9's and an LSC ?   :D  And did they seem ready to ship?   :D :D

Danny Richie

« Reply #69 on: 16 Oct 2014, 06:06 pm »

Did you happen to see a set of LS9's and an LSC ?   :D  And did they seem ready to ship?   :D :D

I didn't visit the shop or see anything. After the surprise visit he agreed to have the cabinets ready for pick up the next morning. And he had them ready and waiting on the porch when I got there.

wshuff

« Reply #70 on: 18 Oct 2014, 01:32 am »
If you're out there again, could you pick up my LS-C cabinet.  I think it is probably just in the way.

The Ninja

• Industry Participant
  • Manufacturer
    • Skiing Ninja Systems
« Reply #71 on: 18 Oct 2014, 03:23 am »
If you need anything done (like a crossover built), he can send it over to us (we are about 45 mins north) and we can store it for you for a bit if needed.

If you're out there again, could you pick up my LS-C cabinet.  I think it is probably just in the way.

rms8

« Reply #72 on: 18 Oct 2014, 11:54 am »
If you need anything done (like a crossover built), he can send it over to us...

When Ruben builds a speaker (like my LS9/LSC) and he gets the component kits from Danny, does he put them together himself, or does he farm that out to you or none of the above?  :?

tasar

« Reply #73 on: 18 Oct 2014, 03:46 pm »
I didn't visit the shop or see anything. After the surprise visit he agreed to have the cabinets ready for pick up the next morning. And he had them ready and waiting on the porch when I got there.

Seems the "red flags" are out here for everyone. Danny having to make a "surprise" visit, is fair warning and a good indication of a poor business arrangement. Like every good marriage, communication is everything.
Hey Danny, thought you weren't going to RMAF ?

The Ninja

• Industry Participant
  • Manufacturer
    • Skiing Ninja Systems
« Reply #74 on: 18 Oct 2014, 03:48 pm »
While we do occasionally build LS9's and their crossovers for our customers, Ruben builds his own stuff.

When Ruben builds a speaker (like my LS9/LSC) and he gets the component kits from Danny, does he put them together himself, or does he farm that out to you or none of the above?  :?

Hugh

• Industry Participant
    • Angel City Audio
« Reply #75 on: 18 Oct 2014, 04:28 pm »
May be it's a good idea for Ruben to furnish a number where his customers could call in for update?

Danny Richie

« Reply #76 on: 18 Oct 2014, 04:47 pm »
Hey Danny, thought you weren't going to RMAF ?

I had to deliver product to clients, loan out gear, and had business meetings. And it was a bit of a relief to be there and be free from an exhibit room.

rms8

« Reply #77 on: 21 Oct 2014, 12:15 pm »
« Reply #60 on: 2 Oct 2014, 01:14 pm »

Rob - .... I'm a couple weeks away from shipping your stuff. Don't worry, Brian's case is unique and you'll be listening to your speakers real soon.

Best,
Ruben

Ruben,

Sent you a PM and email last week.

What's the status?  This Thursday makes it 3 more weeks.  Will they be shipping out this week ?

Rob

Outofthewoods

• Industry Participant
« Reply #78 on: 24 Oct 2014, 02:43 am »
Rubin,

You are a good man and I'm pretty sure everyone here knows that.

I'm sending you a PM.

Greg

Hi Greg,

Your PM didn't go through. :scratch:

Please check your sent folder and confirm that it was sent.

Thanks,

Ruben

Outofthewoods

• Industry Participant
« Reply #79 on: 24 Oct 2014, 02:45 am »

Sean built out one center speaker for me a few years ago and he assembled my networks before I knew what I was doing.

Ruben