Gary Dodd now in surgery

Cheeseboy

Re: Gary Dodd now in surgery
« Reply #40 on: 20 Nov 2013, 04:40 pm »
Do I need to say this again.  I love my Dodd PreAmp.  Gary has always customer serviced the hell out me when something went wrong.  Yes they were my fault not the design of his product.  Where can I mail this check?

woodsyi

• Volunteer
  • Always Look on the Bright Side of Life!
« Reply #41 on: 20 Nov 2013, 04:48 pm »
I will donate a PurePower APS 2000 with all the proceed going to Gary and Elise.  'Tis the season to give thanks and share.  The newer APS+2000 lists $3500 but has glitches that they are working out right now.  My unit, which is a tested and true older model, works great and has no performance issue.  The generated power is rock solid at 120V.  I have the fan update to lower the noise.  You can hear the fan when you stand next to it but can't hear it from your listening position.  Steady voltage is great with tube amps.  2000 watts doesn't choke even big amps.  I have no problem powering 120 watts monoblocks.  I only turned it on when I was listening.  So it's a"young" 5 year old unit. 

Let's say $1500 plus shipping.  Shipping could be substantial as it's heavy but I am willing to drive within 250 miles from Vienna, Va to deliver. 

I will also put up Empirical modded Northstar 192 DAC and Transport.  It is mated with a dedicated Pace car with USB input to do up 24/96 PC files.  All necessary cables and a Battery PS for the Pace car will be included.  Let's just say a lot of money went into this early adopting PC audio set up from Steve Nugent.  Even if you don't want to do PC audio, it's a great sounding CD player.  The top loading transport is connected to the DAC via I2S and I will throw in the silver I2S cable from Audio revelation.  $2000 Plus shipping.  Again Will deliver.

That's $3500 that can go to Gary and Elise!
« Last Edit: 20 Nov 2013, 08:02 pm by woodsyi »

playntheblues

• D-Sonic, Mola Mola TamBagui, Tekton DISE
« Reply #42 on: 20 Nov 2013, 04:49 pm »
Any AC member can PM me for Gary's address, let me know how much you send and I will keep a total on line here so we know where we are.

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
« Reply #43 on: 20 Nov 2013, 04:50 pm »
Do I need to say this again.  I love my Dodd PreAmp.  Gary has always customer serviced the hell out me when something went wrong.  Yes they were my fault not the design of his product.  Where can I mail this check?
Good job, Cheese.  The lp is Sviatoslav Richter on a DG recording.  Won a gold medal way back when..  PM me with your info and I'll get it in the mail.
Scott

TrungT

« Reply #44 on: 20 Nov 2013, 04:52 pm »
Elise Dodd
7025 Mazy Lane
Rowlett, TX 75089

Danny Richie

« Reply #45 on: 20 Nov 2013, 04:53 pm »
Should we make sure Elise has Gary's Paypal password first?  Otherwise she may not be able to get to it.

Mike

Yep!

roscoeiii

« Reply #46 on: 20 Nov 2013, 05:03 pm »
Yep!

Yep she has the password? or Yep we should check?

TrungT

« Reply #47 on: 20 Nov 2013, 05:04 pm »
Elise, she has the password.

playntheblues

« Reply #48 on: 20 Nov 2013, 05:05 pm »
We need to keep this easy, no reason not to send right to Gary's address.  After all Elise lives there.  Am I missing something?????????????    :scratch:

playntheblues

« Reply #49 on: 20 Nov 2013, 05:06 pm »
paypal bad idea, the funds have to go to their bank account which is not where you want the funds to go right now.  Mail check to Gary PM me for address and lets keep track of amount so we know how much we need.  Keep it simple, I know everyone is just trying to help.

Danny Richie

« Reply #50 on: 20 Nov 2013, 05:07 pm »
Yep she has the password? or Yep we should check?

I mean yep we need to check on that before you guys send funds straight to Gary's Paypal.

I also just spoke with Elise. She said the last update from the nurse was that everything was going well. He is alive and well on the heart/lung machine and they are working on him.

roscoeiii

« Reply #51 on: 20 Nov 2013, 05:11 pm »

I also just spoke with Elise. She said the last update from the nurse was that everything was going well. He is alive and well on the heart/lung machine and they are working on him.

Thanks for that update.

SoCalWJS

« Reply #52 on: 20 Nov 2013, 05:48 pm »
I mean yep we need to check on that before you guys send funds straight to Gary's Paypal.

Thanks for the info.

SoCalWJS

« Reply #53 on: 20 Nov 2013, 05:50 pm »
paypal bad idea, the funds have to go to their bank account which is not where you want the funds to go right now.  Mail check to Gary PM me for address and lets keep track of amount so we know how much we need.  Keep it simple, I know everyone is just trying to help.
Not to be argumentative, but check in mail takes several days. Isn't Paypal pretty much instantaneous?

roscoeiii

« Reply #54 on: 20 Nov 2013, 05:53 pm »
Not to be argumentative, but check in mail takes several days. Isn't Paypal pretty much instantaneous?

IIRC, it can take a few days to transfer PayPal funds from PayPal to a bank account.

Danny Richie

« Reply #55 on: 20 Nov 2013, 07:08 pm »
Elise (Gary's wife) said that the landlord was aware of what was going on and is understanding of the situation. A little patience is being extended to them for the rent that is past due.

playntheblues

« Reply #56 on: 20 Nov 2013, 07:18 pm »
do to a negative balance in his account funds through paypal would be lost and it takes four days for that transfer anyway

Cheeseboy

« Reply #57 on: 20 Nov 2013, 07:56 pm »
Good job, Cheese.  The lp is Sviatoslav Richter on a DG recording.  Won a gold medal way back when..  PM me with your info and I'll get it in the mail.
Scott

Give the record to the next person.  I'm in it for helping my personal preamp builder.

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
« Reply #58 on: 20 Nov 2013, 08:04 pm »
Give the record to the next person.  I'm in it for helping my personal preamp builder.
Got it. Same here.  But I've probably got 50-75 lp's that I've picked up multiples of- so the next guy can still get a free lp.  It's still yours if you have a vinyl rig and like classical.

Hear Clifford Brown

« Reply #59 on: 20 Nov 2013, 09:39 pm »
I'm in to send $100 to Gary and Elise.   So is the concensus that best idea is to send a check?  To this address:

Elise Dodd
7025 Mazy Lane
Rowlett, TX 75089