mrarroyo

« on: 4 Feb 2012, 01:41 pm »
Hi, after futile attempts that demonstrated my inability to learn new tricks (old phart here) I finally was able to log on.  :duh:

I have owned various units from Vinnie since 2009 and for my latest acquisition Vinnie modified my Isabella LFP-V Edition by adding the 24/192 DAC and swapping the single ended headphone out for the new Class A balanced output headphone amp. Almost concurrently Vinnie worked on an older RWA 5 Volt SLA based PSU which is powering a Logitech Touch.

I have not had a chance to "play" with the 24/192 DAC but I have logged about 5 hours with the new headphone out and I am extremely impressed and happy.  :D I listen at very low volumes so I have the gain set at zero and the headphone amp drives all my dynamic cans with ease … for the AKG K1000 I set the gain to 12 and I set the volume at about 11 o'clock. Love the dynamics, clarity, extended top end, and musical presentation.

The 30.2 LFP-V Edition has more gain but overall it is not as refined IMO as the Class A balanced headphone amp when driving the K1000. I will test a bit further but chances are the 30.2 will be used to either drive a pair of small speakers (looking for an old Radio Shack Minimus 7W) or an Stax energizer box (SRD7 Pro).

Anyways, just a short note to indicate how happy I am with my upgraded Isabella and Vinnie's impeccable service. Thanks.

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.vinnierossi.com
Re: New Member
« Reply #1 on: 6 Feb 2012, 05:53 pm »
Hi mrarroyo,

Welcome to the Red Wine Audio forum! 

Anyways, just a short note to indicate how happy I am with my upgraded Isabella and Vinnie's impeccable service. Thanks.

Thanks for your post and I'm glad you are enjoying your old and new RWA gear.  :guitar:

Happy listening!

Vinnie