Re: Hello from a delighted new WTL owner
« Reply #20 on: 29 Jan 2015, 12:59 pm »
My other System components:

Audion Silver night 300b 7 watt integrated valve amp
Arcam cd73 Transport
Altmann Attraction Dac
Audionote AZ3 Speakers (95db)
Van den Hull screened interconnect for the TT
0.5m Solid silver core Interconnects for everything else.

all best wishes

Jack

rob400

• Versalex and Audio Note for the rest
« Reply #21 on: 29 Jan 2015, 03:20 pm »
hi Rob

There is a dealer in Lancashire... Audio Council and one in somerset... Mike Manning Audio that sell both DV cartridges and the WTL TT's.  I live in Shropshire about half way between the two.

I havent been near a turntable since the early 90's so its all a learning experience...i dont even know what prat means!? all i know it this WT amadeus is very fast and exciting and creates an emotional link which was often absent with my CD's and it separates out instruments amazingly, its totally easy to follow a bass line for example, even nick drake has a spring in his step these days :) Ive got the Golf ball about 20 - 25% in the goop.

Hi Jack.
Audio Council is my dealer. He's prone to switching his favourite gear choice quite a lot and AudioNote is his current "best sounding gear in the world" so he will push that. Dave is ok though and he does stock an XX2 on a Versalex which his and my preferred WT (I can hear Charlie's expletives from 5000 miles away  :D). The consensus amongst the guys on this forum is ball submerged around 33%. The less goop might account for the very fast and exciting sound you are experiencing. You might find more goop dull or less thin sounding. For me it's the latter. But whatever floats your boat!
Rob

Lyon

« Reply #22 on: 29 Jan 2015, 07:31 pm »

That's one of the great joys of this turntable that we can change azimuth, VTA, damping etc with a record playing and hear immediately the benefits or not. Im enjoying the speed at present knowing that i can always damp down anytime i choose.
 I didnt realise you were a Yorkshire man Rob. Im from Huddersfield originally :)  my first decent stereo back in the 80's was a mission + B&W system from Image Hifi in Leeds, do you remember that place?

I love the look of the versalex! aesthetically very pleasing deck to look at, what amplifier are you using?

Jack