Happy Holidays and New Years Resolutions

SteveFord

• Facilitator
  • The poodle bites, the poodle chews it.
Happy Holidays and New Years Resolutions
« on: 24 Dec 2016, 01:45 am »
I hope everyone here has a good holiday season and I really hope that 2017 turns out well.

For resolutions, I don't have much in the way of audio ones.  Try to buy more albums and maybe a subwoofer or two.
The other ones are fix up motorcycles a little bit, purchase another guitar and try to be a better husband to my wife who is far too young to be as ill as she is.  The last resolution is the important one, the rest is just buy more stuff which comes naturally.

Happy Holidays, everyone.

josh358

Re: Happy Holidays and New Years Resolutions
« Reply #1 on: 5 Jan 2017, 07:51 pm »
Happy Holidays, Steve, and best wishes to your wife!

SteveFord

• Facilitator
« Reply #2 on: 5 Jan 2017, 10:22 pm »
Thanks!
They haven't killed her off yet but it's not for lack of trying.
Hope all is well on your end.

josh358

« Reply #3 on: 5 Jan 2017, 11:01 pm »
Pretty good, thanks. Just aggravations with the heating system -- I can't listen to anything right now because it's too cold up there!

SteveFord

• Facilitator
« Reply #4 on: 7 Jan 2017, 05:38 pm »
Add a lot of tubes, that'll solve your problem!

kevin360

• án sǫngr ek svelta
« Reply #5 on: 7 Jan 2017, 06:20 pm »
I have a planar related resolution - to (just grin and bear it) sell my 3.7s and get my room completely clean again. Someday, I'll revisit planars - next time, it will be ESLs (in a different room). I have a few changes in mind for the back of the room, too. Aside from that, I resolve to learn at least six (hopefully, twelve) more songs in foreign languages. That doesn't seem too much to resolve to achieve, not even for me.

josh358

« Reply #6 on: 7 Jan 2017, 07:11 pm »
Add a lot of tubes, that'll solve your problem!
Either that, or some Pass amps. Come to think of it, there's a mod for the A-21 which consists of turning up the bias until the thermal protection trips and then backing it off a bit. Lets you toast marshmallows over the heatsinks, too . . .

The good news is, the plumber got the one in my bedroom fixed -- turns out it was leaking because it had originally been cross-threaded and he had to replace the valve and fitting:

The bad news is I asked him if he could relocate the radiator that's keeping me from putting my left hand speaker against the wall where I want it and he said he'd probably have to rip the wall open to do it. Magnepan needs to make a panel with a cutout for a radiator in it:

I want to move the radiator to the wall behind the speaker. Still not sure whether I should brave the mess and have him do it.