Put up some GIK 242 panels and...

Pez

Put up some GIK 242 panels and...
« on: 11 Feb 2011, 06:09 am »
So I got some GIK standard panels that I figured I wouldn't be able to use until my wife and I found a new house in a year or so, but just for grins I threw them up in my listening room/family room area just to see how they sounded. Long story short they made vast improvements, but the most surprising thing, the wifey actually didn't mind the way they looked!!!! They're black and everything so I was shocked as hell.

You know the saying give a man an inch he takes a mile? I now have 2 monster bass traps, an Elite bass pillar and a custom monster bass trap for a different part of my room all on order.  :thumb:

These things really work.  :o

Big Red Machine

Re: Put up some GIK 242 panels and...
« Reply #1 on: 11 Feb 2011, 01:35 pm »
Doh.  Give yourself a slap!

woodsyi

• Volunteer
  • Always Look on the Bright Side of Life!
« Reply #2 on: 11 Feb 2011, 02:50 pm »
Give her a nice Valentine, for sure.  8)  You may be OK now but it will come into fray when she gets pissed with you.  :(  Better to stay on her good grace for awhile.   

Pez

« Reply #3 on: 11 Feb 2011, 11:11 pm »
She is a great gal for sure! The panels is nothing compared to what she has to deal with both at work and with me in general.  :lol: maybe a nice new watch...
 :)

bmckenney

« Reply #4 on: 12 Feb 2011, 05:58 am »
Gotta love getting good frequency response... and spousal response too.

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #5 on: 12 Feb 2011, 06:19 am »
For those "hard to please" wives....there's always the Art Panel...  :wink:

Acoustic treatments make a big difference....for the better. :thumb:

mchuckp

« Reply #6 on: 12 Feb 2011, 06:30 am »
I dreamed about trying acoustic panels for quite a long time and never thought my wife would ever go for it.  I finally decided to say screw it and bring it up to her last year.  She didn't flinch at all and she picked out the colors.  Got 3 242's, 2 244's, and a Monster Pillar all from GIK.  I was floored at the difference in sound quality and my wife actually thinks they look nice on the walls.  Win-win.  :thumb:

BTW, Bryan Pape from GIK was AWESOME to work with.

Glenn Kuras

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #7 on: 14 Feb 2011, 02:45 pm »
Give her a nice Valentine, for sure.  8)  You may be OK now but it will come into fray when she gets pissed with you.  :(  Better to stay on her good grace for awhile.

Every year I think of this and every year I don't follow through, but thought it would be funny to include 1 rose for any order on V-day!  :lol: :lol:

jriggy

« Reply #8 on: 14 Feb 2011, 04:06 pm »
Similar story here... I gently brought up acoustic panels and bass traps once. It was received with very little disagreement. As a matter of fact, I may have the best WAF around if you ask me. I was even able to get rid of the dreaded coffee table and clear out other small pices of furniture, and the hole TV/5.1 end of the system - and now our used to be main living room/TV room is strictly 2 channel listening!  :o  I must be doing something right  :wink:  :thumb:

Pez

« Reply #9 on: 15 Feb 2011, 03:02 pm »
Same sort of thing here. I was able to get the coffee table out of our lives. Drastically improved midbass and imaging, but made my bass control issues worse, which is why I was hoping she would say yes to bass panels!  :thumb: