More kudos for GIK

drphoto

More kudos for GIK
« on: 19 Jan 2010, 02:45 am »
I forgot to post after I got my last batch of GIK of panels. They made a huge difference as I finally got one up on the first reflection point on the ceiling. I had a bit of upper mid glare that had me considering a new pre-amp, but this solved that issue. Soundstage width and depth are getting better too.

Again, I don't think I could DIY them for much less money, (even w/ the upgraded fabric choice) or do nearly as nice of a job. Plus fast shipping on even custom items. Hope to mix in a some diffusion panels at some point to what that does, especially on soundstage.

I wish you continued success. You deserve it.  :thumb:

I have become a complete believer in the idea that the room is part of the system, and must be addressed.

regards

poseidonsvoice

• Science is not a democracy - Earl Geddes
    • 2 channel/7 channel setup
Re: More kudos for GIK
« Reply #1 on: 19 Jan 2010, 02:55 am »
 :thumb: :thumb:

Indeed, even though I like to DIY practically everything myself, when I saw the prices and measurements of GIK's stuff, I stopped. Then I pulled out my credit card and then I ordered. On top of that Bryan and the gang are very open to the science aspect and will educate you completely.

Can't ask for much more than that. Fast shipping too from Atlanta, GA.

Anand.

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #2 on: 19 Jan 2010, 08:59 am »
Time for some updated pics, drphoto!  You know what they say, it didn't happen without pictures. :P

drphoto

« Reply #3 on: 20 Jan 2010, 03:53 am »
Ok Rob, but I want to wait until I get my H-frame baffles built and painted.  Hopefully the flatpack will arrive tomorrow when I actually have a day off and will be here to catch the delivery.

MerRev

« Reply #4 on: 8 Nov 2010, 11:20 pm »
Just wanted to say a HUGE public thank you to Bryan Pape from GIK acoustics for walking me through a few room scenarios.   :thankyou:
Bryan is patient and really makes talking through room treatment easy & enjoyable and I feel lucky to have such a great resource in my backyard. 

Thanks again!!!!

schw06

« Reply #5 on: 10 Jan 2011, 04:04 pm »
I recently installed GIK's kit #4 with 2 pairs of diffusors on the back wall. That is the best upgrade I have ever made to my system. If you have an untreated room, you will likely do what I did for 7 years...buy and sell preamps, amps, cables, and speakers without realizing the problem is more than likely your room rather than your equipment. That is seriously well spent money.  Thank you Bryan and the GIK staff!!!
David

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #6 on: 10 Jan 2011, 05:04 pm »
realizing the problem is more than likely your room rather than your equipment. That is seriously well spent money.  Thank you Bryan and the GIK staff!!!
David

:thumb: :thumb: