POSTPONED TO SEPT. GAS AudioJumble

daves

POSTPONED TO SEPT. GAS AudioJumble
« on: 30 Mar 2015, 01:20 am »
POSTPONED

postponed

It is time for the annual AudioJumble, where you can clean out your garage, basement, and den of all extra things audio and actually prove to your wife or girlfriend that
a) these boat anchors are actually worth money
b) others value your boat anchors
and most importantly,
c) you stand ready, willing, and able to part with your boat anchors for money!

We had a good turnout last year, and are aiming for much more this year, so start planning on what you want to bring, and how many tables you may need. The first table will be $30, with additional tables at $20 each. We will have the entire gym this time around. Please tell all your friends and other collectors, as we would like to triple or quadruple the number of vendors this go around.

This setup really works well, as you don't need to worry about someone you don't know coming over to your house, or showing up at an inopportune time, no showing, or running late, then later, then not coming at all.

We had folks coming in from Litchfield, Kansas City, Cape Girardeau, Paducah, Indianapolis, and Peoria, so I'm sure we will generate an even larger regional crowd with the earlier start this year.

What do y'all think about a 9am to 4pm schedule on Saturday?

Thanks, Dave

MAP

http://yhoo.it/1d1UoQM
« Last Edit: 9 May 2015, 02:38 pm by daves »

Bob in St. Louis

• Facilitator
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
Re: G.A.S. AudioJumble on Saturday, May 16th at St. Matthias Gym
« Reply #1 on: 30 Mar 2015, 01:26 am »
I work every other Saturday. Roughly.
That being said, I might have a "half table" worth of things to sell.
So if anybody is tempted, yet doesn't feel the $30 is worth it, I'll split it with you.
Of course, it will have to be closer to the date to see if that's a Saturday I get off.

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #2 on: 30 Mar 2015, 02:04 am »
So. we sell our anchors and come home with someone else's anchors?  Got it!   :thumb:

Bob in St. Louis

• Facilitator
« Reply #3 on: 30 Mar 2015, 02:10 am »
"One mans trash."....  :lol: ...........  :duh:

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #4 on: 30 Mar 2015, 02:24 am »
Will be another man's trash the next year...

Bob in St. Louis

• Facilitator
« Reply #5 on: 30 Mar 2015, 03:27 am »
...around and around we go...

daves

We need to start firming up slots, and if you could, send a list of prospective items for sale with photos. We can add that to the CL ads, so we can get more folks clamp ring to buy you stuff.

Baumli

Dear Dave,

You really need to tidy up your spelling. Or maybe not. I am quite confused. You write, "more folks clamp ring." Did you mean "more folks clamoring"?

So now I'm wondering if when you wrote, "We need to start firming up slots," you intended to write, "We need to start firming up sluts."

The rectitude of my soul is a'tremble. This is what uncertainty about orthography does to an innocent man. You need to stand guard over the fragility of my soul. It is dangling over the precipice.

Bewildered,

Francis Baumli

Bob in St. Louis

• Facilitator
Thank you for the early morning belly laugh Sir.  :lol:

kentj1948

I will happy to do the Craigslist ad again and any other ads we think helpful.  Send your lists and photos to: kentj1948@gmail.com.  You can also PM your lists.  I am not sure I can work with photos via a PM.  I think we should start running an ad about a month before the sale. 

Any thoughts or suggestions as to what we might do differently/better this year? 

Kent 636-399-8053

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #10 on: 8 Apr 2015, 08:11 pm »
Guys, last year's event was a blast, but while you wouldn't expect it to happen at an audio fool gathering I nearly got scammed for $100+. 

One guy wanted to buy something and his accomplice got me distracted at the same time.  Ultimately they got about $60 in change and I didn't get the C-note.  I figured it out later and confronted them as they were leaving and got my $100 back.

Have a good time, but be aware...

daves

« Reply #11 on: 8 Apr 2015, 11:09 pm »
Which tandem were they, Bob? It would be good to know this time around, in case they show up again. feel free to pm me..

Thanks, Dave

michaelhigh

« Reply #12 on: 11 Apr 2015, 07:43 pm »
Dear Dave,

You really need to tidy up your spelling. Or maybe not. I am quite confused. You write, "more folks clamp ring." Did you mean "more folks clamoring"?

So now I'm wondering if when you wrote, "We need to start firming up slots," you intended to write, "We need to start firming up sluts."

The rectitude of my soul is a'tremble. This is what uncertainty about orthography does to an innocent man. You need to stand guard over the fragility of my soul. It is dangling over the precipice.

Bewildered,

Francis Baumli
I hope your rectitude prob gets straightened out! Pepto Bismal might help! (hehe)  :lol:

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #13 on: 11 Apr 2015, 11:49 pm »
It is dangling over the precipice.

Bewildered,

Francis Baumli

That has become a common problem with in these parts.

daves

« Reply #14 on: 13 Apr 2015, 10:40 pm »
We have had a huge table commitment of one person from GAS for the event. Five outside commitments, but only Mike. Come on guys!

Thanks to those who have come forward!
« Last Edit: 22 Apr 2015, 11:16 pm by daves »

Scott F.

« Reply #15 on: 14 Apr 2015, 12:11 am »
Dave,

I sold all of my cheap stuff last year. I've only got a couple of pri$ey things left. I'll look to see what I have left (that I think people would buy) I doubt I'll be doing a table this year.

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #16 on: 14 Apr 2015, 02:37 pm »
Like Scott, I cleaned out most of my spare gear last time.  I still have enough for a table but I'll be traveling for work that weekend.    :(

Blackmore

« Reply #17 on: 14 Apr 2015, 02:46 pm »
Nothing that I want to sell at this time.  Probably need to get rid of some gear, but I don't want to let it go yet. 

Baumli

« Reply #18 on: 19 Apr 2015, 10:25 am »
Dear Dave,

I'm sorry, but I can't make the event. In my family there are three birthdays in May, plus there is Mother's Day. One of the birthdays is mine. I'll be 67. (Geriatric, you know.) It's always a crowded month.

I wouldn't have anything to sell. The cheaper stuff I always give away. I believe inflicting my junk on other people shouldn't cost them a monetary price. Only anguish.

Of course I'm sure there would be many temptations. I'm also sure I would succumb to those temptations. So it isn't entirely a tragedy that I won't attend.

Good luck with the event!

Best,

Francis Baumli

kentj1948

« Reply #19 on: 20 Apr 2015, 10:55 pm »
The Audio Jumble ad is on Craigslist.  Contact me with items that you would like to list.  Include photos if you have them.  You can email me directly at kentj1948@gmail.com.  Thanks, Kent