Triode Wire Labs Exhibiting at RMAF in Rooms 1013 & 1102

Triode Pete

Triode Wire Labs is very proud to be exhibiting again with fellow AC Site Sponsor Tortuga Audio in RMAF Room 1013 along with Volti Audio as well as BorderPatrol Audio Electronics.

We will also be in Room 1102 with Volti Audio and BorderPatrol Audio Electronics.

Come down & hear some great, dynamic music!

Cheers,
Pete

alan m. kafton

Re: Triode Wire Labs Exhibiting at RMAF in Rooms 1013 & 1102
« Reply #1 on: 14 Sep 2015, 10:24 pm »
Sounds like a good combo....I look forward to seeing you.

Triode Pete

« Reply #2 on: 24 Sep 2015, 03:37 pm »
Hey Alan,
Unfortunately, my nephew booked his wedding on October 3... Family comes first!

However, I will be well represented by Morten (Tortuga), Greg (Volti) & Gary (BorderPatrol)...

Enjoy the show,
Pete

TomS

« Reply #3 on: 25 Sep 2015, 01:28 am »
Hey Alan,
Unfortunately, my nephew booked his wedding on October 3... Family comes first!

However, I will be well represented by Morten (Tortuga), Greg (Volti) & Gary (BorderPatrol)...

Enjoy the show,
Pete
C'mon Pete just bring the happy couple along!

Captainhemo

« Reply #4 on: 27 Sep 2015, 04:39 pm »
Don is  planning to be at RMAF for the first time, was planning to stop by and meet you but  looks like it will have to be another time

Enjoy the weddig Pete :beer:

jay

Triode Pete

« Reply #5 on: 7 Oct 2015, 07:45 pm »
Some feedback / reporting from Stereophile...

http://www.stereophile.com/content/day-2-sasha-matson

A few doors further down the road, on the eleventh floor of the Denver Marriott, I found a real sexy ménage a trois in progress. The protagonists of this lusty affair were Border Patrol Audio Electronics, Triode Wire Labs, and Volti Audio. Starting this time at the top of the (non-LP) food chain, I heard the CEC TL3N belt-drive CD transport ($2250), and I quote from the handout: "Streaming might be the future but it is still easier to put a disc in a transport and press Play." I agree.

This Japanese transport was chosen to pair with the Border Patrol Audio Electronics DAC1. For those who want their digital straight up and neat, there is no oversampling and digital filtering going on here, and there is an 6SN7-tube output stage at work. Do I sense a certain audio-type persuasion? You bet. I observed a certain purity and minimalist approach at work also in the Border Patrol S20 EXD monoblock amplifiers ($16,750/pair), with a version designated the S20 EXS ($25,750/pair) with upgraded internals that include the EXS power supplies. Cabling here was all from Triode Wire Labs, featuring their "Ten Plus" power cables, "American Speaker Cables", and "Spirit" interconnects (varied pricing).

For actual sound-makers, the system featured the well-received Volti Audio Vittora System ($25,000/five-piece set, and a finalist for Stereophile's Loudspeaker of the Year in 2013). Want horns? Volti's got 'em for you. These handsome large cabinets contain three horn components, and there is an additional single Extended Low Frequency cabinet, this latter's amplifier made by Marchand Electronics. Not sure how this all adds up to five, but you can check the math later. Volti claims "full-range horn speaker performance down to 25Hz." Built by hand in Benton, Maine, and sold direct. I heard a recording of Copland's Appalachian Spring. That magical opening was just that, a gorgeous series of harmonics unfolding in slow motion. Greg Roberts of Volti described my reaction well: "Like peanut butter and jelly!" Plus I think the bust of Beethoven placed on top of one of the Volti cabinets was providing some really subtle resonance control.

Cheers,
Pete