>>>>>S O L D>>>>>>>>>FS: Linn LP12 TT, Ittok & Karma cart – pro svc’d

chazz101s

For sale, my trusty Linn LP12 turntable with an Ittok LVII tonearm and Karma cartridge.  Price Reduction!:  $1200.  Location:  Winston-Salem, NC (zip code = 27104).

This LP12 is a "Gen 1" - square orange power button (60-hz motor), none of the usual mods (no Valhalla, no Nirvana).  It has the afromosia plinth and a smoked dust cover.  All are in great shape.  The dust cover has the usual light swirls on the plexiglass from dusting and cleaning.

Two pairs of dust cover clips are included (one pair, new from Linn, were never used; the other pair won't hold the dust cover up but work great to seat the dust cover when you remove it for listening sessions as I did [removing the dust cover produces better sound from any turntable]).

The main bearing of my LP12 was replaced by a local Linn-trained tech (David S.) in 1998.  (There was nothing wrong with the original main bearing, but David offered me a newer bearing from his own, newer LP12 that he had updated – of course, I said, "Yes, please!")

The Ittok LVII tonearm (with split counterweight) was installed by David in 1998.  (For a few years, I used a K9 cartridge – when the Karma took over, MAJOR improvement was easy to hear.)

The Karma cartridge I have owned from new.  It was installed by David on the Ittok LVII in July 2003.

Every LP that I have played on this analog rig has been cleaned on my VPI 17F record-cleaning machine.

The serial number on the Linn tag at the rear of the plinth is 197xx, which puts date of manufacture sometime between 1974 and 1978 (according to http://www.vinylengine.com/linn-lp12-history-and-upgrade-path.shtml).

All Linn, all yours to the winning bidder.  Thanks for your interest and best of luck.  It's a sweet turntable.  I will miss listening to its "PRaT," but I must thin the herd.

Note that the last photo shows the original Linn shipping box, which will be yours, of course.  I choose not to ship, but the shipping box will let you ship in the future if you need to.

« Last Edit: 13 Mar 2017, 07:25 pm by chazz101s »

mosawdust

Price and location Please!

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
All ads should have a price.

chazz101s

Apologies, all, for my omissions of price and location.  (Sheesh, I used to be employed as an editor, too.  Ah, retirement, eh?)

Price:  $1350.  Location:  Winston-Salem, NC (zip code = 27104).

Thanks for keeping me on my toes!

chazz101s

Price Drop - $1200.

Glenee

If you change you mind about shipping, let me know. I have a original shipping container for the Arm that I could send you.
I am in Norman, Okla 73072.
All the Best,
glen