SOLD: AKG (Massdrop) K7XX K702 Open-back Headphones * MINT *

iamjaymo

SOLD...Up for sale here is the Massdrop AKG K7XX headphones. I am the original owner and I purchased this unit directly from Massdrop in December of 2017. I have not used these much at all (perhaps only 10 hours or so) and they are not even broken-in. This unit is in absolutely mint condition; cosmetically and functionally perfect. In fact, I still have the plastic wrapping on around the ear cups.

For the uninformed, these Massdrop specials are based on the AKG K702 65th Anniversary Edition (see below description from the manufacturer). This special, customized for Massdrop, edition of the K702 sounds absolutely brilliant and addresses one of the main discrepancies of the stock 702...the bass. Through these headphones, the bass has nice impact, is textured and dynamic.

FREE shipping. CONUS sale only.

This unit will be shipped and insured via FedEx/UPS from 48170. The headphones will ship in the original box with original packing and detachable cable. Please allow a couple days packing and shipping.
From Massdrop:
Our first custom headphones ever, the Massdrop X AKG K7XX have been and enduring community favorite since they first launched more than two years ago. Since then, they've received praise from Head-Fi, Super Best Audio Friends, Z Reviews and more for offering a rare value in the world or open-back cans. Inspired by the legendary AKG K702 65th Anniversary Edition, this rendition features the same dynamic driver technology and superior build quality - plus a few updates in the sound and comfort departments.

Improved Soundstage and Frequency Response
These headphones have been tweaked to deliver an extended frequency response and a wide, locationally specific soundstage that puts you closer to the source than most cans. The highs were boosted by an innovative flat-wire voice coil, the mids were brought up to better balance the range, and the lows were jacked up by 3db for fully immersive sound imaging. To make sure the channels are synced up and well balanced, each transducer is individually tested and paired to a transducer with the closest possible sound signature.

Specs:
-Configured by Massdrop
-Manufactured by AKG
-Open-back construction
-Preselected dynamic transducers
-Flat-wire voice coil
-Varimotion 2-layer diaphragm
-Genuine leather headband
-Memory-foam ear pads with velour covering
-Individually tested and numbered
-Detachable 9.8 ft (3 meter) straight cable with ⅛” (3.5mm) jack
-Frequency response: 10 - 39,800 Hz