SOLD: Pass Labs X150.5 for sale, excellent condition

barrows

• Industry Participant
I have a Pass Labs X150.5 for sale.  Condition is perfect, includes all factory packaging and manual.  Amplifier was used consistently for one year in my system, then occasionally after that.  This is the most recent .5 version with JFET input stage, and the .5 high current output stage.  Amp is rated to 150@8 ohms and 300@ 4 ohms, but does considerably better than that (Pass is well known for conservative specs).  Sound is great, as anyone should know.
Like all Pass Labs products, it is built like a tank and will provide high performance for many years.

Asking $2500.00.  Prefer to meet in Boulder, CO to take delivery (cash) or will ship at buyers expense.  Beware, shipping this thing is likely to cost well over $100.00, plus insurance.  Amp in packaging is over 70 Lbs.

Happy to answer any questions, and entertain reasonable offers.

« Last Edit: 6 Mar 2016, 11:00 pm by barrows »

barrows

• Industry Participant
Re: Pass Labs X150.5 for sale, excellent condition
« Reply #1 on: 17 Aug 2015, 07:22 pm »
Bump.

Asking price reduced to $2300.00, all same terms as above apply.  Please note this is the most recent design, with an MSRP of $5,500, and this one is in perfect condition with relatively light use.

gigbyt

« Reply #2 on: 20 Aug 2015, 12:10 am »
arn't the newest designs called the   XA SERIES?

Mercury3

« Reply #3 on: 20 Aug 2015, 11:21 pm »
.8 are the most recent.  X for class AB and XA for class A amps.  .8 series are much improved over .5 but having said that this is an excellent amp at a good price.  I'd snatch it up but I already have to many power amps.

InfernoSTi

« Reply #4 on: 21 Aug 2015, 01:15 am »
Same answer, additional detail from Pass Labs:

The XA.5 amps are Class A (low rail voltage and high bias current) and the X.5 amps are high bias AB (high rail voltage and lower bias current).

barrows

• Industry Participant
« Reply #5 on: 17 Sep 2015, 11:26 pm »
Bump: Newest Pass Labs amps are the X.8 Series and XA.8 Series, the X.5 and XA.5 are still current production.

The amplifier for sale is the newest version of the X.5 Series.  The older amps are known as the X (no .5) Series and XA Series.

X is Class A/B, and XA is Class A to rated power.

This amp is the X150.5, class A/B with 150 Watts into 8 ohms and 300 watts into 4 ohms.  Note that these power ratings are very conservative, see reviews for independent testing showing considerably higher output before 1% THD is reached.  Although the X.5 Series is class A/B, it is still a relatively (to other companies products) high bias amp, delivering over 10 watts in pure class A before the transition to class B.

At $2,300 this is a very good deal, on a perfectly clean and lightly used amp in perfect condition, with fantastic sound.

gnana sekhar

« Reply #6 on: 9 Oct 2015, 12:45 am »
Is this amplifier is still available??? Please let me know

barrows

• Industry Participant
« Reply #7 on: 14 Jan 2016, 09:59 pm »
Bumping this thread as the amplifier is still available at the current price of $2300.00

dusk_

« Reply #8 on: 23 Jan 2016, 06:13 pm »
I'm interested! Sent you a PM. :)

kalbri

« Reply #9 on: 26 Feb 2016, 07:01 pm »
Bumping this thread as the amplifier is still available at the current price of $2300.00

I'm interested and have sent you a couple of PM's but no reply.

barrows

• Industry Participant
« Reply #10 on: 28 Feb 2016, 08:35 pm »
Sorry for the delay, I have been away from the Internet for a few days now.  The amp is about 5 years old, but as stated in the original post, I only used it regularly for on year, and then very occasionally after that (like, once or twice a year for a few days).  Since then it has been boxed up.
It has no blemishes that I can find (I admit I did not inspect the underside) and is as new.  These Pass Labs products are very conservatively rated and specced, and as such they should last almost forever, with the only parts really subject to wear being the electrolytic capacitors, but even they are being run well below their design limits and as such should have a very long life.
I do not have the serial number handy right now, but will get it for you.  I do know the build version of this amp is the same as the current ones.

And let me know if you have any other questions.

Best,

Barrows

barrows

• Industry Participant
Re: SOLD: Pass Labs X150.5 for sale, excellent condition
« Reply #11 on: 6 Mar 2016, 11:00 pm »
Amplifier is sold.  Thanks to everyone for their interest.