Led Zep III reviewed

Kenneth Patchen

• Volunteer
  • Just like that bluebird
Led Zep III reviewed
« on: 28 Jul 2015, 08:28 pm »
Led Zeppelin III was one of the last rock albums I listened to with great enthusiasm before defecting to jazz. Recently a friend played the 2-disc remaster and a good time was had by all. It still fascinates and sounds terrific. It's hard to believe the rock press of the day was so savage in their reviews. Today, the friend sent the 1970 Alexander Icenine review from Cream. If you've never read it, you'll probably find it amusing. Gosh, 1970 was a weird year.

Take care,
KP
"...............................
LED ZEPPELIN
Led Zeppelin III
(Atlantic)

I’d like to write a review that does in print what Led Zeppelin does on record. I’d like to wrote a revue that do in print what Lid Zapulon daes in rakard. Eyed lak two wring a rongvue thang done an purnt hot Lug Zipperlin dig em ekred.
For example, you could imitate Robert Plant being at the zoo and playing with the animals–ughoooeekkkkzzzzughughugh. Flour ecks sample who cowed imiganite Rudder Plunk bing adduh zeeund plodding wifde anizuls. uggauggauggabuggaugga. Flinkeks simple moocid immigrate Rubby Plaster bee adzuend plown thaniminimals. 0000GGGGAAAAMMMMMMMUUUUUGGGGGGAAAAA.
Or Jimmy Page throwing up on his guitar while the crowd cheers and Yardbirds fans in legion descend to grasp his sweaty palm. (Except he only does it twice– reeeeeeeeskrofeeeeer) Oar Jammy Pig trang ape onis git tarwell dacrow chair and Yiddybid fangs inlegos ref undu grapsis sweany pall. (Wwwwwwwwwhiigggggnnnnnnneeesssssssssstt tttt)
There are myriads of wonderful bung-mung on this here record, there is a whole in the center and if they would only change their name to their reel nom de plumeata they could be filled in my record collec tion as the only bandie after Zappa, Rank. (Zep–rimes with hep.)
What is a Led Zeppily? I have oftimes asked of my own selfhead this questlung upon retiring to my bed patterns. Or sometimes, how is a Red Zipper not a Load Zoppinsky? Many times there is no answer and they refuse to do it for ya.
I really dung this requiem a lot.–Alexander Icenine/(Dec. 1970)