What duplex outlet do you recommend

Mike82

What duplex outlet do you recommend
« on: 27 Dec 2014, 01:03 am »
Have you tested or had feedback from customers on which what duplex outlet synergizes with your power cables?

Thanks,
Mike
« Last Edit: 27 Dec 2014, 12:21 pm by Mike82 »

Triode Pete

Re: What duplex outlet do you recommend
« Reply #1 on: 27 Dec 2014, 03:36 pm »
Hi Mike82,
I have been a fan of the cryogenically-treated Hubbell Specification Grade Heavy Duty 5362 receptacles. They have a high copper content brass that are super high quality. Another reasonably priced alternative is the cryogenically treated Pass & Seymour Industrial Specification Grade 5362 receptacle.

If you want "state of the art" with the price tag to boot, get the Furutech GTX-D (Gold) receptacles, a very fine choice.

I have been told by my audiophile customers that the cryogenically treated Hubbell IG8300 receptacle synergizes very well with my power cords as well, but I have not tried them...

Cheers,
Pete

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
« Reply #2 on: 5 Jan 2015, 03:44 pm »
   Cryo treatment being the key factor. I agree with the 5362 recco. Maybe one day we will see a Copper TWL duplex outlet with helium deep cryo treatment and isolated ground to mate with the Copper plug.
    Tried a tweak on my outlets to good affect. Replaced metal cover plate with a wood one from Home depot. To my surprise less grain. It appears that the research and measurements with regards to resonance affecting the power source by Furutech with their new line of outlets works.

charles

paul79

• Industry Participant
« Reply #3 on: 5 Jan 2015, 05:08 pm »
Yes Rollo!  Also try different footers under the UberBuss's!

rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #4 on: 6 Jan 2015, 04:11 pm »
   Yes footers do make a difference. I use Pon- Tunes.

charles

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #5 on: 6 Jan 2015, 04:19 pm »
Yes Rollo!  Also try different footers under the UberBuss's!
It's potted though.   :scratch:

rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #6 on: 6 Jan 2015, 04:26 pm »
   Yes it is potted however getting it off the floor with footers eliminates floor born vibrations. Like a steering wheel that gives ya feedback of the road we do not want the feedback. Or to much vibration not to feel the road.  :thumb:

charles