Carver Amazing Black Speakers Pair BRAND NEW OLD STOCK IN BOX!!!-1500

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Seems the model Silver Editon like mine, which have 3 months use only in 1993, and is stored since then, your for 1K usd +ship.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
This model at Ebay is the 48'' but dont is the Silver Edition.
Its the early 48'' model.
The Silver Edition have 3 controls near the input borne:
Bass Phase control under 50 Hz
2kHz-6khz presence level
Over 6kHz control level

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
The YT video attached to the Ebay ad is a master class lesson on how wrong setup any Carver Amazing or AL-III, with toe-in this ribbon offer a poor soundstage similar to a cone boxed speaker.

Any Carver Amazing must be setup with zero toe-in and no recliner at all, just the minimum to the speaker stay upright and full free space around.

SteveFord

• Facilitator
  • The poodle bites, the poodle chews it.
What are the options for replacement ribbons for these nowadays?

MaxCast

there is a guy or two on bay that do it regularly.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
Alex Sauter yet do repair?

Archguy

Those are very cool-looking.  There are so many speakers available that I have very little clue as to
how I'm going to make up my mind for my next 'main' pair.  Well these are sold and in Laredo Tex anyway. 

MaxCast

Those are very cool-looking.  There are so many speakers available that I have very little clue as to
how I'm going to make up my mind for my next 'main' pair.  Well these are sold and in Laredo Tex anyway.
See if there are audio shows in your area and listen to the type and size for you needs.
For me, speakers are the biggest variable in the system and you should take your time and find the ones that sound right to you.
There may even be an audio club in your area.
Have fun.

OzarkTom

In Florida, $898 pair or make offer..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Carver-Amazing-Loud-Speakers-Platinum-Series-Black-Pair-/122562938828?hash=item1c895207cc:g:7nAAAOSwXXxZTSdI

Phil A

Lake Worth is a couple of hours for me.  If I had a place for them (too big for any of my systems with the room size and furniture), they would be an easy purchase.

Phil A

Here's another pair - https://www.audiogon.com/listings/planars-carver-silver-amazing-speaker-2017-06-26-speakers

It says in the ad that high humidity will cause buzzing.  Perhaps that is the reason for the sales in TX and FL?

Archguy

It's only 95% relative humidity here in Virginia.  What could possibly go wrong?