**SOLD**Tubes4Hifi VTA-SP14 Preamp *Price Lowered*

Jeff V.

Tubes4hifi VTA SP14 preamp. Built by myself using high quality parts. Choice of 2 ouputs, one using Russian Teflon Caps, and the other Clarity Cap MR. Both sound great. Tubes are Vintage Sylvania.  Uses 6SN7 octal tubes, has dual mono regulated power supplies for each channel, for both B+ and filaments. Design has great reviews and competes withe much higher priced  preamps. Let me know if you have any questions.   Price is $915 Now $850 Shipped, No Paypal fees.  Thanks for looking!

« Last Edit: 2 Jan 2016, 02:19 pm by Jeff V. »

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
Re: Tubes4Hifi VTA-SP14 Preamp
« Reply #1 on: 3 Dec 2015, 12:11 pm »
Very nice piece, why the sale?

Nice build, how long ago did you build it?

Appears that it has 20 point Gold Point attenuators (versus a 48 point master volume control Khozmo used elsewhere).  Please confirm.  Wonder how much volume control that gives.   :scratch:

Is a power cord included (if so what brand/model)?

Jeff V.

« Reply #2 on: 3 Dec 2015, 12:42 pm »
The unit uses 21 step attenuators for left, right and master gain.  They are standard DACT style which use 1% SMD resistors for each step.  I found them to be quiet, smooth and accurate.  The steps are gradual and offer very good volume control.  If a power cord is needed I can supply a standard cable.

Selling do to a complete system change.  The SP14 is a super preamp, I just went another direction.  Thanks for your interest!   

rodge827

« Reply #3 on: 6 Dec 2015, 03:21 pm »
Jeff,
I have a question on the R&L Gain controls and the Master Gain control.

Do the R&L Gain controls act as balance controls and the Master as a dual volume pot?

Chris

Jeff V.

« Reply #4 on: 7 Dec 2015, 05:13 am »
Jeff,
I have a question on the R&L Gain controls and the Master Gain control.

Do the R&L Gain controls act as balance controls and the Master as a dual volume pot?

Chris

That's correct.  Thanks for your interest!

Jeff V.

Re: Tubes4Hifi VTA-SP14 Preamp *Price Lowered*
« Reply #5 on: 18 Dec 2015, 08:09 pm »
Price Lowered $850 Shipped, No Fees.

Whitestix

Re: Tubes4Hifi VTA-SP14 Preamp *Price Lowered*
« Reply #6 on: 23 Dec 2015, 12:13 am »
Jeff,
Can you send me a PM to discuss a deal on this preamp.  Thanks,Whitestix

Whitestix

Re: **SOLD**Tubes4Hifi VTA-SP14 Preamp *Price Lowered*
« Reply #7 on: 2 Jan 2016, 10:13 pm »
Yes, sold it is, to me, an absolute devotee of the Tubes4Hifi octal tube-based SP14 design. Jeff did a wonderful build on the unit.  I also have an upgraded variant of the unit from Don Sachs and this unit built by Jeff is very musical as well.  I have had a lot of tube preamps over the years, but have never found as fine a sounding tube preamp as this design, including a supremely upgraded HK C-I with Jim McShane mods .  The SP14 creates a huge soundstage, lots of inner detail, and excellent extension with both the low and high frequency.  As Don Sachs notes: "there is magic in octal tubes!"  Thanks again, Jeff.  Whitest