College Football Anyone?

Mudslide

Re: College Football Anyone?
« Reply #20 on: 12 Sep 2014, 04:15 pm »
I live in Eugene Oregon and I am a alum of the University of Oregon. I hope Marcus stays healthy. Tomorrow the U of Wyoming comes to town. They are 2-0.

Double down on the healthy Marcus hope.  We saw what happened last year when he played hurt. 

GO DUCKS!  (42 point favs!)

Emil

« Reply #21 on: 12 Sep 2014, 04:45 pm »
Double down on the healthy Marcus hope.  We saw what happened last year when he played hurt. 

GO DUCKS!  (42 point favs!)

and what's with the uniforms? How many combinations do they have? :lol:

Emil

« Reply #22 on: 12 Sep 2014, 04:50 pm »
Anyone think it was just a coincidence this happened after the B1G suffered a big beat down the previous Saturday? While it is still early and weird things happen in college football, if the selection were today, no B1G team would make the playoff.

Absolutely no connection whatsover :roll:

I saw this coming after Penn State lost big against Ohio State on prime time TV.

Anyway, I'm happy for the team and students. Collateral damage in that whole mess.

charmerci

« Reply #23 on: 12 Sep 2014, 06:52 pm »

and what's with the uniforms? How many combinations do they have? :lol:

Nike dude (Knight?) went there. They design and test new ones all the time. It's not going to end soon.

Mudslide

« Reply #25 on: 20 Sep 2014, 05:35 pm »
Lemme see.  Jameis Winston breaks windows with a bb gun, allegedly rapes a gal and is under investigation by the school, steals food from a market, yells offensive, obscene stuff, allegedly lies to the school about it, and gets a half-game WHOLE one game suspension.  Those football folks down in Tallahassee (and too many other schools) really know how to mete out the discipline.   :roll:

fredgarvin

« Reply #26 on: 20 Sep 2014, 06:44 pm »
Allegations. The only ones  found legit  were being naughty with a BB gun and saying naughty words. Yay media.

Mudslide

« Reply #27 on: 21 Sep 2014, 04:19 am »
I think a lot of women would find a bit more offensive fault with what he was yelling than "naughty words"...especially given the Title IX investigation pending on him.

ebag4

Emil

« Reply #29 on: 21 Sep 2014, 11:28 am »

LadyDog

« Reply #30 on: 4 Oct 2014, 11:34 pm »
Unless your team lost, what a great week in college football.  2, 3, 4, 6, 14, 17 go down.  And a few more go wayside by end of day.  Most of them beat by quality teams, but not sure when the last time 4 of the top 6 lost in the same week.

Peter J

• Hmmmm
« Reply #31 on: 5 Oct 2014, 05:45 am »
Some killer games today. Arizona pulls one out of the fire against USC with an unbelievable Hail Mary, worth watching you get a chance.

BSU Nevada pretty darn good watch, as well,

charmerci

« Reply #32 on: 5 Oct 2014, 06:24 am »
Unless your team lost, what a great week in college football.  2, 3, 4, 6, 14, 17 go down.  And a few more go wayside by end of day.  Most of them beat by quality teams, but not sure when the last time 4 of the top 6 lost in the same week.

Add #8 UCLA to the list of the fallen.

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #33 on: 5 Oct 2014, 11:50 am »
Wow, what a day of college football.  The most dramatic for me was Ole Miss beating Alabama with the last second interception when it looked like the Tide was driving in for the winning touchdown.  A close second was the AZ hail mary mentioned above.

Mudslide

« Reply #34 on: 6 Oct 2014, 03:41 am »
What a great weekend for watching college football!!  I was so stuck to the tv yesterday that my wife threatened divorce!   :scratch:  What's the problem?  She makes me watch Dancing With the Stars.   :(

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
« Reply #35 on: 6 Oct 2014, 10:12 am »
My gripe is that the rankings start too soon.  The pressure continues to increasingly maintain all those unsupported pre-season expectations with minimally relevant early season experience.

IMO the rankings should start the first weekend in October, but thanks to all the upsets the rankings look pretty solid to me.

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #36 on: 6 Oct 2014, 12:37 pm »
The Committee, which is the only ranking body that counts, doesn't come out with their rankings until next week.

Emil

« Reply #37 on: 21 Oct 2014, 12:54 pm »

My Nittany Lions are about to catch a beating, maybe of a lifetime, this Saturday against Ohio State.
Nationally televised on ABC and on Prime Time. Great :cry:

Sanctions have really showed its effect this year while some of James Franklin's play calling has been questionable.
Defense has been solid while the offensive line is just terrible. Only one starter from last year on the line while another has been out with an injury. Two other lineman are converted defensive lineman. :duh:

After this weekends loss, they'll be 4-3 with Maryland, Indiana, Temple, Illinois and Michigan State in their future.  Hoping for a 7-5 season. Fingers crossed. :roll:

Mudslide

« Reply #38 on: 21 Oct 2014, 03:42 pm »
My Nittany Lions are about to catch a beating, maybe of a lifetime, this Saturday against Ohio State.
Nationally televised on ABC and on Prime Time. Great :cry:

Sanctions have really showed its effect this year while some of James Franklin's play calling has been questionable.
Defense has been solid while the offensive line is just terrible. Only one starter from last year on the line while another has been out with an injury. Two other lineman are converted defensive lineman. :duh:

After this weekends loss, they'll be 4-3 with Maryland, Indiana, Temple, Illinois and Michigan State in their future.  Hoping for a 7-5 season. Fingers crossed. :roll:

Given what they've been through...it's amazing what Franklin and the team have accomplished.

Emil

« Reply #39 on: 26 Oct 2014, 04:09 pm »
I must say I'm pretty damn proud of my Nittany Lions after last night. They played their hearts out and gave the Buckeyes a scare.

And as if the Buckeyes needed any help...

Watch the play clock. A full 3 seconds after time ran out
http://247sports.com/Bolt/Watch-Penn-State-Ohio-State-officials-miss-another-obvious-call-32346394

and

http://247sports.com/Bolt/Replay-fails-to-overturn-missed-call-in-Penn-State-game--32344158

Even after a review, they still called it an interception. Buckeyes then scored a TD.
How could they not see that on the instant replay? :scratch:

Total of 10  points as a result of bad officiating

Next game at Happy Valley versus Maryland and I'll be there at Beaver Stadium :thumb: