BCD-3

redbook

• the music is the blood...........
BCD-3
« on: 6 Oct 2017, 04:20 pm »
.......sounding  really good on all that I have played through it so far. It has a more refined sound than the BCD1 which was  also very good. I love the smoother drive from Strem Unlimited...going to get a spare one for future proofing ...lol Bravo once again to James and the Gang for  creating yet another great device... :thumb:

spinner

Re: BCD-3
« Reply #1 on: 6 Oct 2017, 04:38 pm »
... I  concur...  :thumb:

Mag

« Reply #2 on: 7 Oct 2017, 07:08 pm »
Temporary crisis! I was getting 'Tray Error' on BCD-3 display and there was no way the disc tray would open. I tried unplugging the unit, powered on & off several times, no luck. Prior to this the unit was slow to initialize for a time. I wasn't looking forward to sending unit in for service.

Fortunately I have the BDP-1 and BDA-1. So I blew the dust off, powered up and set back on the network. Music was good but not to the level of transparency of the BCD-3.

Then I thought I would try downloading the firmware update found on the on screen menu under 'file'. I downloaded that and uploaded it to BCD-3 and all works normal again.

Somehow the firmware got corrupted either through being on-line or copy-righted cd's such as Sony. I suspect copy-right cd's as I had similar computer crash in past where nothing worked.

Life is good again! :singing:

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #3 on: 7 Oct 2017, 07:24 pm »
Temporary crisis! I was getting 'Tray Error' on BCD-3 display and there was no way the disc tray would open. I tried unplugging the unit, powered on & off several times, no luck. Prior to this the unit was slow to initialize for a time. I wasn't looking forward to sending unit in for service.

Fortunately I have the BDP-1 and BDA-1. So I blew the dust off, powered up and set back on the network. Music was good but not to the level of transparency of the BCD-3.

Then I thought I would try downloading the firmware update found on the on screen menu under 'file'. I downloaded that and uploaded it to BCD-3 and all works normal again.

Somehow the firmware got corrupted either through being on-line or copy-righted cd's such as Sony. I suspect copy-right cd's as I had similar computer crash in past where nothing worked.

Life is good again! :singing:

Good news - glad you figured it out.