Website Issues

tortugaranger

• Facilitator
  • Innovated passive & active preamp technology
    • Tortuga Audio
Website Issues
« on: 17 Nov 2014, 08:27 pm »
We are having a temporary problem with our website store which will likely cause you to receive a warning message if you try to purchase anything.

We're aware of this problem and working with our hosting service to resolve. Will advise when it's fixed.

Best,
Morten

tortugaranger

• Facilitator
    • Tortuga Audio
Re: Website Issues
« Reply #1 on: 17 Nov 2014, 10:22 pm »
We are having a temporary problem with our website store which will likely cause you to receive a warning message if you try to purchase anything.

We're aware of this problem and working with our hosting service to resolve. Will advise when it's fixed.

Best,
Morten

We changed web hosting service provider a few months back and although our SSL Certificate was installed with the new provider the old hosting service subsequently did something that resulted in revoking our certificate. Once revoked they can't be un-revoked. Soooooo, in the process of getting a shiny new SSL Cert installed. Should have the store checkout properly secured soon. 

tortugaranger

• Facilitator
    • Tortuga Audio
« Reply #2 on: 17 Nov 2014, 11:15 pm »
Everything has been resolved. We are back up and running and fully secured.  :thumb:

tortugaranger

• Facilitator
    • Tortuga Audio
« Reply #3 on: 2 Dec 2014, 02:11 pm »
Our website is down this morning. Web hosting service provider has been alerted. Gives me the creeps when this kind of stuff happens.  :?

tortugaranger

• Facilitator
    • Tortuga Audio
« Reply #4 on: 2 Dec 2014, 02:14 pm »
Our website is down this morning. Web hosting service provider has been alerted. Gives me the creeps when this kind of stuff happens.  :?

Well that was fast. Problem apparently resolved. We are back up and running.  :thumb:

StevenZ

« Reply #5 on: 24 Dec 2014, 07:43 pm »
Looks like your site has been hacked.  I'm getting warning messages from Google Chrome any time I try to go to your site. "The Site Ahead Contains Malware" is the message I'm getting.

tortugaranger

• Facilitator
    • Tortuga Audio
« Reply #6 on: 24 Dec 2014, 08:01 pm »
Looks like your site has been hacked.  I'm getting warning messages from Google Chrome any time I try to go to your site. "The Site Ahead Contains Malware" is the message I'm getting.

Yes, and thanks for your note. We're aware of the problem and are working to have the malware removed and also set up enhanced malware monitoring/protection. It may take a day or two to get this resolved given that it's Christmas Eve. I'll post an update as soon as we have it all cleaned up.

The website is actually fully operational but subject to the warning you saw from the google chrome browser. Google search actually alerted us to the problem earlier today.

tortugaranger

• Facilitator
    • Tortuga Audio
« Reply #7 on: 25 Dec 2014, 03:47 pm »
Merry Christmas everyone. We've had our website cleaned from top to bottom using the services of securi.net, have changed all the passwords etc., and have stood up an enhanced server firewall on our hosted web server. So we are up and running malware free and fully secured.

Enjoy the holidays!  :xmas:
Morten

Yes, and thanks for your note. We're aware of the problem and are working to have the malware removed and also set up enhanced malware monitoring/protection. It may take a day or two to get this resolved given that it's Christmas Eve. I'll post an update as soon as we have it all cleaned up.

The website is actually fully operational but subject to the warning you saw from the google chrome browser. Google search actually alerted us to the problem earlier today.

tortugaranger

• Facilitator
    • Tortuga Audio
Website Maintenance
« Reply #8 on: 18 Jan 2015, 05:48 pm »
We're doing some website maintenance today. There will be some intermittent downtime off and on today.

tortugaranger

• Facilitator
    • Tortuga Audio
Re: Website Maintenance
« Reply #9 on: 18 Jan 2015, 07:54 pm »
Everything appears to be back to normal. If you run into any problems, please let us know.

We're doing some website maintenance today. There will be some intermittent downtime off and on today.

33na3rd

« Reply #10 on: 18 Jan 2015, 11:05 pm »
Hi Morten,

As of 3:00 PST on 1/18/2015, your site is still down.

I was going to reply to an email that you sent me.

Jeff

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #11 on: 18 Jan 2015, 11:40 pm »
Hi Morten,

As of 3:00 PST on 1/18/2015, your site is still down.

I was going to reply to an email that you sent me.

Jeff
Works fine here.  Clear your cache.

33na3rd

« Reply #12 on: 19 Jan 2015, 12:14 am »
Works fine here.  Clear your cache.

Cleared my cache. Still not working here.

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #13 on: 19 Jan 2015, 12:16 am »
Cleared my cache. Still not working here.

Odd.  Works on all machines and devices. 

33na3rd

« Reply #14 on: 19 Jan 2015, 12:26 am »

Odd.  Works on all machines and devices.

Ended up being my provider.

Thank you for pushing me further to investigate.

Jeff

tortugaranger

• Facilitator
    • Tortuga Audio
« Reply #15 on: 19 Jan 2015, 03:27 pm »
When we moved hosting services a while back we defined the site domain as www.tortugaaudio.com rather than tortugaaudio.com. That was a mistake and as a result tortugaaudio.com would not work without the "www". Yesterday we swapped it back around so the site domain is tortugaaudio.com and the alias is now www.tortugaaudio.com. Took a while for DNS to propagate.  All fine and good. Except that change broke the site because the cache system we were using couldn't cope with the change. Finally got it resolved last night by changing our cache system plugin.

I believe it's all cleared up now but if ya'll see a problem please let me know.

Best,
Morten

tortugaranger

• Facilitator
    • Tortuga Audio
« Reply #16 on: 19 Jun 2015, 09:31 pm »
Looks like our website is down. Looking into it.