EVOKE Eddie vies for the INNOVATION AWARD at The Home Entertainment Show

John Casler

Hi All,

This is the first year for EVOKE at The Home Entertainment Show in Newport Beach, and we are hopeful to be well received.

The EDDIE speaker is in the running for the Richard Beers INNOVATION Award.

If the action and interaction with the Judges was any indication, then we certainly have a good chance.

All three Judges were excited, focused, curious, courteous and receptive to the technology, design, and sonic virtues.

Mark and I gave each other the :thumb: after they left the room.

Now, it is fingers crossed.

mr_bill

John,
Is Eddie a focused directivity (narrow) or dispersion design - or is it a broad or wide polar response?

John Casler

John,
Is Eddie a focused directivity (narrow) or dispersion design - or is it a broad or wide polar response?

Hi Bill,

I don't have any "specs", but my ears told me that EDDIE has greater directivity than the VMPS models.

As much of my listening running the system for the show was off center, and there was still a semblance of soundstage and no discernible losses to the Frequency Spectrum.

John Casler

Well, EDDIE did not get the nod on the INNOVATION awards, but if it is any consulation, the speaker that did win was $75,000!!!!!

And my pal Hugh also won with his $8,000 Seraphin.  Congratulations Hugh :thumb:

Maybe, if there would have been a "price/performance" category we would have prevailed, at $2999 show price.

Bet the BIG WINNER didn't sell the show sample. . . . .WE DID!!!! :thumb: