NFL Football '16-17

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
Re: NFL Football '16-17
« Reply #200 on: 7 Dec 2016, 03:13 am »
It's no surprise that the Rams kept him around. I mean, the Rams were a huge suckfest when they left LA, and they're a huge suckfest still. Fisher fills a very necessary spot for this franchise.

The funniest thing is to see these So Cal idiots that bought tons of Rams gear because they were suddenly *Fans*.

There are lawsuits starting here because *Fans* paid tens of thousands of dollars for seat licenses that can't be sold for tens of cents now.

Go Jeff Fisher!!

fredgarvin

« Reply #201 on: 7 Dec 2016, 06:25 pm »
I imagine LA is starting to miss the Raiders.  :lol:

SteveFord

• Volunteer
  • The poodle bites, the poodle chews it.
« Reply #202 on: 12 Dec 2016, 10:52 am »
The Giants defense looked pretty good last night.
Wish I could say that same about their offence but a Beckham is one speedy little guy.

fredgarvin

« Reply #203 on: 12 Dec 2016, 08:21 pm »
They've been playing pretty well the last several weeks. Pittsburgh excluded. Definately in the playoff mix. With Seattle losing, Dallas would have to lose their remaining games to lose the home field advantage.

For NY, the Lions and Redskins are tough games coming up, mainly because of the Giants low scoring and playing the last game at Wash.

Man, LA sure changed their minds about Fisher in a hurry.

SteveFord

• Volunteer
« Reply #204 on: 12 Dec 2016, 09:07 pm »
I'll say.  With the season winding down you think they could have kept Jeff Fisher around until it was over.

randytsuch

« Reply #205 on: 12 Dec 2016, 10:45 pm »
I don' t mind seeing Fisher go, I was surprised they gave him an extension.

And if you're going to shop for a new head coach, it's better to start early.

With Dallas and Oakland losing, some of the races got more interesting.

Randy

charmerci

« Reply #206 on: 13 Dec 2016, 12:17 am »
I'll say.  With the season winding down you think they could have kept Jeff Fisher around until it was over.

What was confusing was that they extended him before the season but they (someone) announced it just a while ago. They had lost 8 out of the last 9 games with the lowest scoring offense - something like 15 pts. game.

Funny, all the possible NFC playoff teams won - outside of Dallas and Seattle who played NYG and GB.

zybar

• Facilitator
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #207 on: 19 Dec 2016, 12:45 am »
Don't look now, but the Big Blue Wrecking Crew is back!!

Over the last 8 weeks the Giants have the number 1 defense and the last two weeks have held down Dallas' and Detroit's strong offenses.

The offense is still shaky and is too much boom or bust. 

That said, I am starting to believe that they have as good a chance as anybody in the NFC.

It will sure get interesting if the Bucs can beat Dallas tonight...

George

SteveFord

• Volunteer
« Reply #208 on: 19 Dec 2016, 12:57 am »
Wouldn't that be something if the Giants continue to win?
I've written them off for dead quite a few times this season while, God help me, I"m forced to watch the Ravens as that's what my antenna picks up. 
I now have nightmares about Joe Flacco's eyebrows.

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #209 on: 19 Dec 2016, 01:21 am »
 :finger: 8)

stlrman

« Reply #210 on: 26 Dec 2016, 12:45 am »
Steelers win !!! Division Champs !!! :thumb:
Touchdown to win win with 9 seconds left .
Steelers were down 10 go back to back touchdown drives !! Ravens come back on a long drive to take the lead with only 1:28 left to take the lead , Ben drives team down to win the game .
Best game of the year !!!! Wow !!!
Anybody catch this game ?

stlrman

« Reply #211 on: 26 Dec 2016, 01:02 am »
Oh , you must check out the touchdown to win the game!
A dangerous short pass over the middle to Antonio Brown , if he does not stretch the ball over the end zone line , the clock would have run out with no time to kick the field goal to tie the game . WOW !!! :thumb: :thumb:

zybar

• Facilitator
« Reply #212 on: 26 Dec 2016, 01:07 am »
Steelers win !!! Division Champs !!! :thumb:
Touchdown to win win with 9 seconds left .
Steelers were down 10 go back to back touchdown drives !! Ravens come back on a long drive to take the lead with only 1:28 left to take the lead , Ben drives team down to win the game .
Best game of the year !!!! Wow !!!
Anybody catch this game ?

Great game!

Gutsy call on the touchdown by the Steelers.

George

randytsuch

« Reply #213 on: 27 Dec 2016, 04:42 pm »
Pats vs Boys in the Super Bowl?

In the AFC
Too bad about Raiders, with Carr the might have made it interesting.  Chiefs maybe, but I don't really see anyone going into Foxburo and winning.

In the NFC, I guess the giants know how to beat the cowboys lol. 
I still think the Seahawks are dangerous, but they had some injuries so not sure about them.
I don't see Atlanta there at the end, Packers outside shot.

macrojack

• Restricted
« Reply #214 on: 27 Dec 2016, 04:52 pm »
I hope Brady takes the Super Bowl win and rubs Goodell's nose in it. Receiving a 4 game suspension over allegedly tampering with air pressure in footballs while wife-beaters, drunk drivers, drug abusers and molesters of every stripe face lesser punishment or none at all causes me to root for the Pats this year. Jolly Roger reminds me of another orange jackass silver spoon incompetent.

randytsuch

« Reply #215 on: 27 Dec 2016, 06:24 pm »
lol jack

I think the suspension helped Brady, at his age it's hard to stay healthy for an entire season.  He had a 4 game "vacation".

fredgarvin

« Reply #216 on: 27 Dec 2016, 07:51 pm »
Poor Brady, it must have been the Russians.  :thumb:

macrojack

• Restricted
« Reply #217 on: 27 Dec 2016, 11:10 pm »
lol jack

I think the suspension helped Brady, at his age it's hard to stay healthy for an entire season.  He had a 4 game "vacation".

Maybe so but the ingrate did not seem to appreciate his time off. I think if he had, there might have been no protracted court battle. Doesn't matter though --- Suh will kill him next Sunday anyway. Shame, really, I always liked Tom.

zybar

• Facilitator
« Reply #218 on: 2 Jan 2017, 01:44 am »
Still can't believe that the Giants finished 11-5 and made the playoffs!  :thumb:

If you asked me at the start of the season what the Giants needed to do to make the playoffs, I would have said that the offense would have to carry the team and I hope that the defense can do better than being ranked 30th (that's where they finished last year).

Well, clearly I didn't know this Giants team.  The defense was outstanding (they have let up the fewest points since week 7 and finished overall) and will need to continue to be outstanding if the Giants have any chance of advancing in the playoffs.

On offense, they have one of the best players in the NFL (OBJ) and a quarterback (Eli) who can beat anybody and/or who can throw 3 or 4 picks.

Should be interesting...

George

SteveFord

• Volunteer
« Reply #219 on: 9 Jan 2017, 01:05 am »
The Giants got much further than I thought they would when I first started this years thread.  I think they had gotten killed in every preseason game back then.
Congratulations to the Packers, it took them a while to get going.  Shame on the Giants wide receivers for going down to Florida instead of practicing, the idiots.

Next weekend's games should be good ones.