The OFFICIAL Super-7 thread

WC

Re: The OFFICIAL Super-7 thread
« Reply #280 on: 1 Jan 2018, 11:40 pm »
I am interested in a pair of baffles also.

Captainhemo

« Reply #281 on: 2 Jan 2018, 12:03 am »
Hey Jay, you have my attention, can you share any info on the "other stuff"?  Interested in the Super 7 baffle as well.

Happy New Year,
Ed

Hey Ed,  HNY to you  and  everyone else   as well  :beer::xmas:

jay

SteveKi

« Reply #282 on: 2 Jan 2018, 03:10 am »
I am interested in a pair of baffles also.
Steve

Captainhemo

« Reply #283 on: 27 Jan 2018, 04:51 am »
Just  a bit  of an update for those interested. 
I've done up a  model  with  some mods to the original baffle and a  dxf.  They  have been submitted  for programming and cutting  .   Hopefully will have a  prototype done  fairly soon that  I can get down to  Danny  for   testing

jay

gab

« Reply #284 on: 27 Jan 2018, 05:24 am »
Just  a bit  of an update for those interested. 
I've done up a  model  with  some mods to the original baffle and a  dxf.  They  have been submitted  for programming and cutting  .   Hopefully will have a  prototype done  fairly soon that  I can get down to  Danny  for   testing

jay

Thank you Captain!

gab

johnnybravo

« Reply #285 on: 29 Jan 2018, 12:06 am »
Thanks for the update.   :thumb:

2bigears

« Reply #286 on: 29 Jan 2018, 01:06 am »
 :D parts to build out,,,, 3500 or so.  Panels ?? Might have to jump.   :D
       Always been interested in this trans-d ....... :D

Captainhemo

« Reply #287 on: 29 Jan 2018, 07:20 am »
:D parts to build out,,,, 3500 or so.  Panels ?? Might have to jump.   :D
       Always been interested in this trans-d ....... :D

Danny's got a fully built, gorgeous silver  pair he  offered up for  $10k (see his post onthe previous page)

With all the time/labour involved in finishing a  set  to that level, jump on   these

jay

2bigears

« Reply #288 on: 29 Jan 2018, 02:49 pm »
 :D time is what I do have,,,,ha.  Budget minded as you know. Just need that baffle. Are you just going to make a top piece to sit on the dual sub box ? That would work ,,,, :D

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #289 on: 29 Jan 2018, 04:43 pm »
If you are going to build the S7's, do yourself a favor and go straight for the Jantzen wax/paper/copper foil inductors.  I also prefer the ClarityCap MRs bypassed with Jupiter copper foils.  Both caps are great, but the real magic is the Jupiters, IMO.  If you can afford it, just get Jupiters as your full sized caps and forgo the CarityCaps (or Sonicaps) completely.  Jupiters are so good, they do not need to be bypassed, if you use them as your main caps. 

Captainhemo

« Reply #290 on: 29 Jan 2018, 05:59 pm »
Are you just going to make a top piece to sit on the dual sub box ? That would work ,,,, :D

Something  like that

jay

Danny Richie

« Reply #291 on: 29 Jan 2018, 06:03 pm »
If you are going to build the S7's, do yourself a favor and go straight for the Jantzen wax/paper/copper foil inductors.  I also prefer the ClarityCap MRs bypassed with Jupiter copper foils.  Both caps are great, but the real magic is the Jupiters, IMO.  If you can afford it, just get Jupiters as your full sized caps and forgo the CarityCaps (or Sonicaps) completely.  Jupiters are so good, they do not need to be bypassed, if you use them as your main caps. 

Yeah, I like those Copper foil Jupiter caps too. But it will be $2,440 for the four caps needed.  :(

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #292 on: 29 Jan 2018, 06:11 pm »
Yeah, I like those Copper foil Jupiter caps too. But it will be $2,440 for the four caps needed.  :(

No doubt!  Although I do think the Jupiters are as good (and maybe better) than the Dueland caps and those are 2x to 4x more expensive than the Jupiters!!!!

The ClarityCap MR bypassed with the Jupiters gets you pretty darn good sound, too.

2bigears

« Reply #293 on: 29 Jan 2018, 07:03 pm »
 :D you guys sure know your stuff.  4 caps cost 2400 bucks .... ?  Say what ?
        Danny.  You have the parts to build these ,, right ?  Just checking.  If those 4 caps add
            2400 bucks plus the 3500 plus the wood ,   Hummmmm :D

kingdeezie

« Reply #294 on: 29 Jan 2018, 07:43 pm »
Just for my own curiosity, if this Super-7 rebirth comes to fruition, can you listen to these speakers in the mid/near-field? I have been enjoying my set up more currently, having moved to sitting about 5-6 feet away from my speakers.

Would sitting that close with the Super-7 not work correctly?

Danny Richie

« Reply #295 on: 29 Jan 2018, 07:43 pm »
:D you guys sure know your stuff.  4 caps cost 2400 bucks .... ?  Say what ?
        Danny.  You have the parts to build these ,, right ?  Just checking.  If those 4 caps add
            2400 bucks plus the 3500 plus the wood ,   Hummmmm :D

Yeah, I have everything in stock to build out a set, and I have a completed set.

Danny Richie

« Reply #296 on: 29 Jan 2018, 07:46 pm »
Just for my own curiosity, if this Super-7 rebirth comes to fruition, can you listen to these speakers in the mid/near-field? I have been enjoying my set up more currently, having moved to sitting about 5-6 feet away from my speakers.

Would sitting that close with the Super-7 not work correctly?

Not a problem.

The crossover was designed with 1 meter (39") and 56" measurements to the mic. So the drivers have blended seamlessly by that distance.

2bigears

« Reply #297 on: 29 Jan 2018, 08:11 pm »
 :D. Ok,  give her hell Jay.  Get a few slip-on baffles made to sit on the sub boxes and I'm in. 
        Sorry Danny,   I'm a little slow on the take.  4 caps are an extra 3 grand my $ ?  Don't think I'll be
             doing that .....  :D

gregfisk

• Restricted
  • Us alone in the universe? sure is a waste of SPACE
« Reply #298 on: 29 Jan 2018, 10:27 pm »
:D. Ok,  give her hell Jay.  Get a few slip-on baffles made to sit on the sub boxes and I'm in. 
        Sorry Danny,   I'm a little slow on the take.  4 caps are an extra 3 grand my $ ?  Don't think I'll be
             doing that .....  :D

The crossover parts that Danny designed these with don't cost near that much.

Tyson was just telling you what he has done and is suggesting the much more expensive caps instead.

mikeeastman

« Reply #299 on: 29 Jan 2018, 11:07 pm »
I agree with Tyson I upgraded to the Jupiter Foil with Sonicap bypass, but I use Alpha Core coils. Pricy but in my opinion well worth the $, really a step up.