What requirements to post ad

harley52

What requirements to post ad
« on: 25 Mar 2018, 12:04 am »
 Don't deal with paypal s**t. Tried both A-gon and US audio mart. A-gon will only let me accept paypal or credit card for pymt. and I'm not putting my checking acct. number out there in cyberspace. Audiomart wants at least 2 pics. I can only send pics thru text. Be helpful if they informed a person of this before going thru all the time to make up an ad. Are there any such requirements for AC such as those two I mentioned?
Thanks

maxima95

srb

Re: What requirements to post ad
« Reply #2 on: 25 Mar 2018, 02:07 am »
While you may have your preferences on payment type, you're limiting your scope with your hesitation to post pics.

If I don't see 3 or 4 decent photos within the ad, I just move on.  I don't request pics nor give out my email address or phone number just to see them.  That kind of information might only be exchanged after a deal is struck.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #3 on: 25 Mar 2018, 04:29 am »
Price and currency are need.

harley52

« Reply #4 on: 25 Mar 2018, 06:19 pm »
Since I have a flip phone can I post pics with a tablet connected to my laptop? Thanks

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #5 on: 25 Mar 2018, 08:04 pm »
Since I have a flip phone can I post pics with a tablet connected to my laptop? Thanks
The source from the pics are indifferent to the site.

Brettio

« Reply #6 on: 25 Mar 2018, 08:59 pm »

Does your tablet have a camera?  If so, it’s probably better than a flip phone camera...

sts9fan

« Reply #7 on: 25 Mar 2018, 10:10 pm »
Maybe get with 2018 and do paypal.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
« Reply #8 on: 25 Mar 2018, 11:05 pm »
Don't deal with paypal s**t. Tried both A-gon and US audio mart. A-gon will only let me accept paypal or credit card for pymt. and I'm not putting my checking acct. number out there in cyberspace. Audiomart wants at least 2 pics. I can only send pics thru text. Be helpful if they informed a person of this before going thru all the time to make up an ad. Are there any such requirements for AC such as those two I mentioned?
Thanks
Do you want sell or buy?

harley52

« Reply #9 on: 26 Mar 2018, 02:07 am »
 Have a bunch of gear to sell.

Brettio, thanks for that bit of opinion, but I don't need paypal to manage my money. Paypal has only come about as the only pymt. method at A-gon in last few yrs. Btw, paypal froze my acct. 'cause a scammer tried to deposit $5k into my account and I'm the bad guy according to paypal and I had nothing to do with the actions of someone else.
May be time to buy a tablet or ipad. Ipad most likely since I'm buying a Macbook air. one other thing I've always been paid by USPS m/o or Certified check. That's how I paid for puchases also.

JackD

« Reply #10 on: 26 Mar 2018, 02:54 am »
I just checked a half dozen or so for sale ads at random on US Audiomart and I saw Cash, Money Order and Cashiers Checks listed as methods of payment on multiple of them. 

Brettio

« Reply #11 on: 26 Mar 2018, 03:08 am »
In rereading your post I realize that I assumed you already had a tablet.  I put off getting an iPad for a long time, now that I have one I rarely use my pc. 

As far as PayPal....I’m no fan as I’ve had issues as well.

List your gear, put your price and terms and see what happens.  Personally I don’t think requiring a check or money order is a big deal...except when I want the gear yesterday and I have to wait for the check to clear...

Brett

harley52

« Reply #12 on: 26 Mar 2018, 02:44 pm »
 Jackd,
USAM wants a minimum of two pics.

Emil

« Reply #13 on: 26 Mar 2018, 04:19 pm »
Jackd,
USAM wants a minimum of two pics.

So do most buyers.
I've had very good luck selling over at USAM.

Speaking  for myself. No paypal? No photos?  No sale.

srb

« Reply #14 on: 26 Mar 2018, 04:29 pm »
So do most buyers.
Speaking  for myself. No paypal? No photos?  No sale.

+1

sts9fan

« Reply #15 on: 26 Mar 2018, 07:14 pm »
At the end of the day PP gives the buyer some security or a feeling of it. 
I also want nice pictures.  Have you tried selling the stuff here?
GLWTS