Why aren't AK speakers more popular?

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
Re: Why aren't AK speakers more popular?
« Reply #20 on: 2 May 2011, 11:32 am »
Just so you know, I'm not planning on exhibiting at RMAF this year;
Duke

:o  WOW!  That's very surprising..

brj

« Reply #21 on: 2 May 2011, 03:22 pm »
Quote from: Duke
Brj, go ahead and ask whatever questions come up.

Thanks, Duke.  No time at the moment, and I'll start another thread if needed in order to prevent further derailing this one.

Just so you know, I'm not planning on exhibiting at RMAF this year; the only high-end audio show I have scheduled is Lone Star in Dallas in a couple of weeks.

I do appreciate the time and expense of exhibiting at a show, but I'm really sorry to hear this Duke, especially since you have some new designs this year.  Should you reconsider, you will be both welcome and on the top of my list of rooms to visit.  (Alas, my first year at RMAF was the year after you exhibited the Jazz Modules, and people whose ears I trust considered that one of your best rooms ever.)  Regardless, good luck at LSAF!

This thread asks why AK speakers aren't more popular, but that really only applies to home audio; my bass guitar cab has been pretty well received.

Yours is a circle that I read in it's entirety, so I've noticed the comments on your bass cabinet thread - congratulations!

Duke

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.audiokinesis.com
« Reply #22 on: 2 May 2011, 08:50 pm »
I do appreciate the time and expense of exhibiting at a show, but I'm really sorry to hear this Duke, especially since you have some new designs this year.  Should you reconsider, you will be both welcome and on the top of my list of rooms to visit.

Thanks.  I enjoy doing Rocky Mountain immensely, but these days most of my work is on the prosound side, and I think that will become even more the case as I introduce new products there.  So it doesn't really make sense for me to spend so much time and money on the home audio side; I'm getting far more business, relative to the time and money spent on promotion, in prosound. 

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #23 on: 2 May 2011, 11:01 pm »
Thanks.  I enjoy doing Rocky Mountain immensely, but these days most of my work is on the prosound side, and I think that will become even more the case as I introduce new products there.  So it doesn't really make sense for me to spend so much time and money on the home audio side; I'm getting far more business, relative to the time and money spent on promotion, in prosound.

Duke-

Just my opinion but I'd say bring some home audio speakers as you usually do and bring a bass cabinet or any of your other pro audio stuff.  You might get a great reaction as there are many audiophiles that also play an instrument. 

Just a thought...

Clio09

« Reply #24 on: 3 May 2011, 03:45 am »
It looks like I might be part of an exhibitor room at RMAF this year and if that comes to fruition my pair of Jazz Modules should be there with me.

tesseract

« Reply #25 on: 3 May 2011, 10:05 am »
It looks like I might be part of an exhibitor room at RMAF this year and if that comes to fruition my pair of Jazz Modules should be there with me.

That would be cool, as I don't think I will be able to attend the Texas meet, much as I would like to.

Passinwind

• Passinwind DIY Musical Instrument Audio Electronics
« Reply #26 on: 3 May 2011, 09:01 pm »

This thread asks why AK speakers aren't more popular, but that really only applies to home audio; my bass guitar cab has been pretty well received. 

Yep, and perhaps that will create a vector to greater awareness of your home audio stuff. It did in my case at least...

Duke

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.audiokinesis.com
« Reply #27 on: 6 May 2011, 09:17 am »

Clio09, if you get a chance, shoot me an e-mail about your RMAF plans... if it's not too top-secret.  If you would like to post about it here, you are more than welcome to do so.

I will be scarce the next week and a half or so... trip to California to deliver speakers on Friday, returning Monday, leaving for Lone Star on Tuesday. 

Clio09

« Reply #28 on: 6 May 2011, 05:07 pm »
The plans are not for public consumption, so I can't post anything here at the moment. However, I'll email you to discuss them.

BTW - if you are passing through Las Vegas on that trip to CA feel free to stop by for a visit. I think you would like the new set up I have. Much bigger space. Would love to get your opinion on how I have the Jazz Modules positioned and tuned.