Budget Pre-amp suggestion (B&W + Sonic Frontiers Amp + Rega P1 Turntable)

sumocomputers

I sure hope this is the right place, and hope this isn't something answered in some FAQ somewhere.  If so, feel free to slap me and point me there.

So Here is my current setup, which I have deliberately purchased recently.

B&W CDM2 SE Bookshelf Speakers
Sonic Frontiers SFS-40 Tube Amp
Rega P1 Turntable (stock except glass platter upgrade)
a/d/s R4 Integrated amp (using it as a pre-amp)

I am happy with everything but the pre-amp.  I did not chose it, it was given to me.  It works fine, but I cannot somehow think it is the weakest link.  Bear in mind this system is my weekend relax time in the office, and I am looking for a decent pre-amp that will give me:

1. Good sound (or no noticeable addition of noise)
2. Allows for possible connection of a future CD player or other audio only device.
3. Has a remote control (this may be negotiable)
4. Allows for some EQ adjustment (bass & treble is fine, though I will probably not use it much)
5. Budget of about $500 or less (could go a bit higher)
6. New or used is fine.  If used, service should be fairly easy to get.

Here is my confusion on the selection that is out there.  I see Tube Pre-amps, Passive Pre-amps, Phono Pre-amps (tube and solid state), Solid State Pre-amps, and I am not sure where to even go.  I have seen stuff like the FT Audio Passive Preamp, or Jolida Tube Preamp for under $500, and then things like the Bellari VP-129 Phono Preamp for $250, and then just get confused because I am not sure where to go.

Thanks for the help,

Chris