News

Louis O

News
« on: 8 Nov 2017, 05:21 pm »
Hi All,

My apologies and it's been a while. I have been spending a lot of time on a few areas that I would like to post about.

As always I appreciate all the great posts and participation on our forum as well as the great reviews of Omega Speakers and the Customs which are so much fun to build. I appreciate it very much and a heart felt Thank you.

The website:

I'm very pleased with the new site and it's a work in progress and continues to develop with content and better pictures as I work on my photography skills.

Currently the focus is on a new gallery and a new store. It's being worked on now and I hope it will be done very soon. All the sold out items and other pictures will be transferred to a gallery and as I'm able I'll list more ready to buy speakers and other items that will be in the new store. These items will be done and ready to ship. New, demo, b-stock and customs/OutLaw speakers will be posted.

Subwoofers:

I'm thinking of going back to the original name DeepHemp and I may make it a little more compact. I'm working on a couple of versions that are looking pretty good.

I'm finally adding a new sub based on a very good 10" pro style driver that is very fast. It's a front firing unit and I'm thrilled with the results. I have a production version done minus the grill so when that is done I will post pictures and more info. I'm also thinking of making a twin 10 version too.

OutLaw combo with this 10" driver will be made using a HO RS5 rig on top as the combo.

Thanks again,
Louis

roscoe65

Re: News
« Reply #1 on: 8 Nov 2017, 07:26 pm »
Thanks for the update Louis!

I like the smaller sub choice.  I'm increasingly finding that with subwoofers more is more, i.e., I would rather have two 10" drivers working than one 15" driver.  Making the 8" sub smaller will be perfect as well; some of us have adopted the "Swarm" concept for bass supplementation and smaller subs distributed throughout the room are an easier sell.

Louis O

« Reply #2 on: 8 Nov 2017, 08:17 pm »
Hi roscoe65,

Thanks and my pleasure. I agree and need the speed smaller drivers have so that they blend in better. This 10 is a pro style driver so it's going to keep up better than most.
The DeepHemp I'm working on now is a suitcase style cabinet. I really like the look of it and it's very easy to place in the room. A swarm set up is easy with these.

Now I need to get a good standard neutral finish for it. I was thinking the graphite tweed.

Thanks,
Louis

jsjs13

« Reply #3 on: 10 Nov 2017, 05:03 pm »
"New, demo, b-stock and customs/OutLaw speakers will be posted"

Very excited to read this.  Can't wait to see what items will be "ready to ship" in the near future!

Louis O

« Reply #4 on: 11 Nov 2017, 07:32 pm »
Hi jsjs13,

Thanks and me too. Monday I'm going over some details with the web guy so we can set up the gallery and the new store. I'm going to start building more ready to ship items now and I will be posting about the new subwoofer too.

Thanks again,
Louis