Integrated Signature 16 with NOS USB input?

viggen

Integrated Signature 16 with NOS USB input?
« on: 9 Feb 2014, 01:18 am »
Hi Vinnie:

Is it possible to make an integrated Sig 16 with NOS DAC USB input?  Would be a great space saver and love to run without need for ICs.

Thanks,

Ed

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.vinnierossi.com
Re: Integrated Signature 16 with NOS USB input?
« Reply #1 on: 9 Feb 2014, 11:21 pm »
Hi Vinnie:

Is it possible to make an integrated Sig 16 with NOS DAC USB input?  Would be a great space saver and love to run without need for ICs.

Thanks,

Ed

Hi Ed,

I've been looking into it.   You would only need USB?

Vinnie

viggen

« Reply #2 on: 10 Feb 2014, 05:06 am »
Hi Ed,

I've been looking into it.   You would only need USB?

Vinnie

Vinnie:

Thanks for getting back to me. 

USB would be the only input I would need but would be nice to have a single RCA input but is not necessary if there's no space for it or is not economical to install both USB and RCA inputs.  Definitely have no need for optical and coax digital inputs. 

Also, the Bellina HPA I have has the PRO hi-rez option, but I don't have much hi-rez media.  So, if I were to buy again, I probably wouldn't opt for the PRO option.

Speaking of which, if you could make a Sig 16 with DAC, could I trade in the Bellina for it?  I just bought it from Crescendo Audio last month, but my priority is shifting from headphones back to speakers. 

Regards,

Ed

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #3 on: 10 Feb 2014, 04:54 pm »
Vinnie:

Thanks for getting back to me. 

USB would be the only input I would need but would be nice to have a single RCA input but is not necessary if there's no space for it or is not economical to install both USB and RCA inputs.  Definitely have no need for optical and coax digital inputs. 

Also, the Bellina HPA I have has the PRO hi-rez option, but I don't have much hi-rez media.  So, if I were to buy again, I probably wouldn't opt for the PRO option.

Speaking of which, if you could make a Sig 16 with DAC, could I trade in the Bellina for it?  I just bought it from Crescendo Audio last month, but my priority is shifting from headphones back to speakers. 

Regards,

Ed

Hi Ed,

I was thinking it over and the most cost-effective solution would be for me to install a Signature 16 amplifier stage (and speaker posts) into
your Bellina HPA.  You already have the dac, volume control, tube stage, SMART, LiFePO4 pack and enclosure. 

Please email or call me to discuss this more - I think I can do it and it will work out fine!

Vinnie 

viggen

« Reply #4 on: 10 Feb 2014, 10:21 pm »
Hi Vinnie:

Actually, this is the solution I am looking for, but I just assumed (probably incorrectly) that there would not be enough space to do so in the HPA.

I will contact you via email.

Regards,

Ed

Hi Ed,

I was thinking it over and the most cost-effective solution would be for me to install a Signature 16 amplifier stage (and speaker posts) into
your Bellina HPA.  You already have the dac, volume control, tube stage, SMART, LiFePO4 pack and enclosure. 

Please email or call me to discuss this more - I think I can do it and it will work out fine!

Vinnie

brh

« Reply #5 on: 10 Mar 2014, 01:24 am »
Hi Ed,

Vinnie

…stuff like this makes me really happy (proud?) to be an RWA customer.

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #6 on: 12 Mar 2014, 03:42 pm »
…stuff like this makes me really happy (proud?) to be an RWA customer.

Thanks, brh!   :beer:

While it's really hard to please ALL of my customers ALL of the time, I try my hardest to please MOST of
my customers ALL of the time.   :wink:

Vinnie