In town for biz, looking for vinyl, after Euclid where else?

etcarroll

• SE PA. by way of Boston, MA.
I'm in St. Louis next week from Mon afternoon to Sun afternoon for a software go-live support. My shift is 7am to 7pm.

I'm looking for vinyl stores open for a few hours beyond 7pm.

From scanning the GAS thread it looks like I need to hit Euclid on FRI night.

What else is there?

Planet Score Records?

Blackmore

Vintage Vinyl on Delmar is open until 8 during the week but until 10 pm on Friday and Saturday. Also the Record Exchange on Hampton is open until 9 every night. Welcome to St. Louis!!!!

Scott F.

Hi Gene,

Blackmore mentioned Vintage Vinyl. When you go there, plan on doing lunch or dinner. V V is situated in the Delmar Loop. It's a great place to explore, eat and just people watch. V V's selection and pricing on vinyl is (generally) less than Euclid but be sure to check the condition. That said, you can still get some good finds there.

In St Louis, Euclid is still king of the hill when it comes to vinyl. They have the best selection, in the best condition...but the prices are higher. If you are looking for $eriou$ collectables in any genre, especially jazz, Euclid has them. Guard your wallet though, that type of collecting drains your bank account. There are also some good restaurants within a block or two of Euclid.

The Record Exchange has a huge selection at very fair prices. Watch the condition though. Within a few miles of RE is The Hill. Here, you will find some of the best Italian food in the country.   

Planet Records is worth visiting but the selection is considerably smaller than the big three here in town.

The great news is the weather is going to be perfect for your visit this week. Lows around 50, highs near 70 and mostly sunny all week. We should still have plenty of fall colors on display. Be sure to sample some of our local micro-brews. I'd bet we're up to well over 30 at this point. We've also got some very nice wineries that have won national awards. You'll have to travel a ways out of the city to visit those. We've also started distilling local Missouri vodka, gin and whiskey's, all of which are quite tasty. Pickatinny vodka and gin are one of my favs.

If I wasn't so busy, I'd try to get you and a few guys together for a listening session.

Enjoy your stay here this week!   

Scott

etcarroll

Thanks folks - I land this Monday about 1-ish, maybe I'll make a late afternoon trip to The Record Exchange then The Hill for Italian.

Do love a good Eggplant Parm and a nice Chianti Classico!

Gene

etcarroll

Looks like I'm a few blocks over from Delmar Loop, so off to Vintage Vinyl.

Scott F.

Hey Gene,

While you're on the Loop, walk down the block to Blueberry Hill. The menu is basically bar food but they've got great bits of memorabilia all over the place. It's worthy of ordering a local micro-brew (Schlafly or Urban Chestnut are my suggestions) and wandering around the place. Up until recently, Chuck Berry performed there monthly. Chuck's getting up there in years, he's 90 now, so I doubt we'll see much more of him in public.

You've got quite a few good places to eat within a few blocks of Vintage Vinyl. It all depends on what you're craving. The Loop should have the cuisine to suit your taste.

etcarroll

Thanks all, hit Vintage Vinyl, loved the place, bought a few things and may return before weeks out.

All albums very clean, NM, and the Miles at the Blachhawk is a 6 eye release @ $15, I was surprised at the price. The Live 'Four & More' is a 2 eye @ $17.

The Camel is spotless.

Then I rolled out across the street and hit Salt + Smoke as they advertised my 3 favorite B's, BBQ, Bourbon and Beer, I had all three. The Brisket plate was fabulous.

Scott F.

Nice finds. Blackhawk is one of my favs!

Bob in St. Louis

• Facilitator
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
Check out the sticky thread for places, names, and addresses.
Scroll down until you see the word MUSIC in large font;
http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=77668.0

Welcome to STL!

sturgus

Welcome to the city. Hope you get to Record Exchange and Euclid records. Enjoy your stay.
Sturgus

Bob in St. Louis

• Facilitator
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
Re: In town for biz, looking for vinyl, after Euclid where else?
« Reply #10 on: 9 Nov 2016, 03:24 am »
If you need any recommendations on where to eat......  :wink:

etcarroll

Re: In town for biz, looking for vinyl, after Euclid where else?
« Reply #11 on: 10 Nov 2016, 02:15 am »
Thanks all, I'm done till Fri, these 12 hour days are taking a toll.