For Sale: 12" midbass poly drivers from SuperTower/R

ST86

Hi,

I am selling my original circa 1986 ribbed 12" midbass poly drivers from my Supertower/R.  They have been refoamed and worked just fine until the day I upgraded.

$80.00 for the pair, which is half of what I paid for the upgrade, plus shipping.  Continental US only.

Paypal preferred.

Pictures to be added shortly.

Regards,

Ed (ST86)

John Casler

Re: For Sale: 12" midbass poly drivers from SuperTower/R
« Reply #1 on: 10 Mar 2013, 05:39 pm »
Just send your posting to a ST owner.  He is new here and will likely post soon.

dBs

« Reply #2 on: 13 Mar 2013, 12:13 am »
Just send your posting to a ST owner.  He is new here and will likely post soon.

I think that is me. I'm having a tough time getting around here. I can't respond to messages privately yet, but I have these:
https://www.box.com/s/wldgrn0te27x8mpwsufh

I've modded them a few times, but haven't pulled them out in 15 years. They definitely need some work. I'm still looking, but fear I've lost the documentation for them. I don't know if your 12" would be the best fit or not. My first post, and i had to start somewhere.

ST86

« Reply #3 on: 14 Mar 2013, 01:53 pm »
DBs, the 12" drivers I have certainly will work although not to the level of the more modern replacements.  Knowing the values of the woofer to mids crossover components would also be a good idea.  When I upgraded from these originals to the 12" woofers with phase plug Brian recommended I also change the inductor and capacitor values.

I don't see a 12" driver listed for Supertowers in the "Original and Replacement Drivers For VMPS Speakers" post, so can't recommend what to buy if you want to replace what you have with new.

I have schematics.  Let me know if you want me to send you a copy.

Ed (ST86)

ST86

« Reply #4 on: 17 Mar 2013, 09:12 pm »
Sorry this took so long.  Here are pictures of the drivers.

ST86

« Reply #5 on: 1 Apr 2013, 08:08 pm »
These are sold.