VMPS RM-2's

PMAT

VMPS RM-2's
« on: 10 Jan 2013, 07:21 am »
I would like to buy someones RM-2's. They don't need to be perfect.
PMAT. I just fixed my modded RM-1s and My son has laid claim to them.

Stimpy

Re: VMPS RM-2's
« Reply #1 on: 10 Jan 2013, 12:43 pm »
I just fixed my modded RM-1s and My son has laid claim to them.

That didn't take long!  One pair down (glad that the mid's worked), and already looking for another pair of VMPS's. 
Cant' say that I blame you...

If I could find a crossover schematic, I'd be building a VMPS clone, for myself.  I 'think' I have pretty much everything to do
it.  Just would like to get some help with the crossovers, for a touch of Brian Magic!

Good luck...

PMAT

« Reply #2 on: 10 Jan 2013, 04:02 pm »
Yes indeed. I have a 15 year old boy that is a great kid. 4.5 GPA, basketball star, no trouble to deal with (no, really). Two X-mas ago I moved my main system (CJ Amp and Preamp, VMPS RM-1's modded) into his room so we could have the biggest Christmas tree on planet earth. He fell in love. I didn't cave in. Meanwhile a little boy visiting us took a small screwdriver to my mid panels (magnets are fun!). Now that the panels are replaced my teen says "can i have my speakers back?" ....................... :o................. "everything else sounds like crap"......................So, I have one audiophile kid out of five. The family jewels must pass. Whats a father to do?

Early B.

« Reply #3 on: 10 Jan 2013, 06:06 pm »
Yes indeed. I have a 15 year old boy that is a great kid. 4.5 GPA, basketball star, no trouble to deal with (no, really). Two X-mas ago I moved my main system (CJ Amp and Preamp, VMPS RM-1's modded) into his room so we could have the biggest Christmas tree on planet earth. He fell in love. I didn't cave in. Meanwhile a little boy visiting us took a small screwdriver to my mid panels (magnets are fun!). Now that the panels are replaced my teen says "can i have my speakers back?" ....................... :o................. "everything else sounds like crap"......................So, I have one audiophile kid out of five. The family jewels must pass. Whats a father to do?

Great story. Does he inherit the CJ amp and preamp, too?

PMAT

« Reply #4 on: 10 Jan 2013, 08:32 pm »
Not yet. If he hooks a full ride scholarship for shure.  :whip:

mantis

« Reply #5 on: 29 Mar 2013, 04:18 pm »
I have a pair of RM2's in NY. Piano black,soundcoat,Megawoofers,FST's, & $120. set of CDWaveguides. $2K.