Brian is healing after a procedure (VMPS CLOSING)

John Casler

Re: Brian is healing after a procedure (VMPS CLOSING)
« Reply #40 on: 26 Nov 2012, 12:30 am »
Note to Soundguy3:

Hi John,

Got your PM and will pass your message to Brian.

Tried to PM you but your MailBox is full.

ATB

mjosef

« Reply #41 on: 26 Nov 2012, 05:12 am »
Sad news on the closing. Good to hear he is healing. Got to meet him and Shirley some years ago at The Show, great sense of humor he has. Wishing Him the best.

warnerwh

« Reply #42 on: 26 Nov 2012, 05:08 pm »
Best wishes to you Brian. You will be missed. Thank you for all that you have done.

woodsyi

• Volunteer
  • Always Look on the Bright Side of Life!
« Reply #43 on: 26 Nov 2012, 06:24 pm »
Best wishes to Brian and the Cheney family.  Illness is not only rough on the person; it is even rougher on the family.  :(

My time on AC pretty much coincided with my getting a pair of the RM40's.  I still have a pair in my rig and wouldn't know what to do when it breaks down...

Venkman

« Reply #44 on: 26 Nov 2012, 06:31 pm »
Certainly not good news for VMPS fans, or the audio industry, but hopefully Brian can get healthy and concentrate on friends and family. 

I certainly appreciated help from Brian and from the forum.  My limited experience with VMPS was nothing but fantastic. 

Best wishes!

wshuff

« Reply #45 on: 27 Nov 2012, 02:06 pm »
I've been enjoying my 626Rs for a decade now.  Get well Brian and enjoy the music!

buddyiramae

« Reply #46 on: 30 Nov 2012, 02:50 pm »
Brian, thank you for enabling me to enjoy the music. I have tried many a combination over the years & never could attain what I was looking for. Last year, the old VMPS ST/Rs were put back in the system & all ancillary electronics were acquired to complement the speakers. Then, with help from you, Mosawdust, John & others on the board, the VMPS were upgraded & heavily modified by me to achieve, what I call, audio nirvana.

I am so sorry that you are unwell but I wish you a speedy & full recovery. You & your family are in my prayers. Sir, thanks again!

minnesotan

« Reply #47 on: 5 Dec 2012, 02:23 am »
 I built my first VMPS kit back in 1985 and Brian was very patient with my newbie questions. They lasted 25 years until I replaced them With the RM-V60. Sure hope Brian recovers soon. Are the neopanels, mid woofers and tweeters available? Are the new CDWG add-ons available?. I want the RM-V60's to last 25 years also.
Thanks!

Stimpy

« Reply #48 on: 5 Dec 2012, 07:32 pm »
John,

Wow!  This is just shocking!   :o  I know time catches up to us all, but it's still sad to hear about someone of Brian's stature retiring.
I guess because Brian didn't strike me as the retiring type.  I always saw him as someone who was never satisfied; always tinkering, always trying to improve a design, or develop that next Big design.  Now, I feel lucky to have meet Brian and Shirley, and John.  Even if it was brief, it's a meeting that I won't forget.  Regardless, I hope Brian recovers soon, and I wish Brian and Shirley good luck for their future.

Also, I 'hope' Brian considers publishing a Library, to detail his history and design work.  Maybe even break down his different models, and their driver lay-out (with part numbers).  Maybe even crossover schematics too.  It would go far in helping support VMPS owners, in keeping their speakers up and running, for years to come!

Take Care,

Stewart W.

ST86

« Reply #49 on: 6 Dec 2012, 05:57 pm »
John,

Do you know of any plans to support the older pre neo panel models?

Thanks,

Ed

John Casler

« Reply #50 on: 6 Dec 2012, 06:52 pm »
At this point things are moving a little slow, and I am not rushing B's wife in any way.

I have not received any update on Brian's condition, so I assume he is still in the hospital recovering.

Sorry for not having any answers just yet, but we need to get by this, before we can move forward.

On a good note, I have received several overtures, proposals, and inquiries of possible ways to "revive" VMPS in some way and I am looking for potential in them.

I have also received many e-mails and PMs asking about various parts, and drivers and will again answer them after we get to a point where I have an idea of the inventory and prices.

Thanks to all for their good wishes and comments, I know Brian appreciates them all.   :thumb:

roscoeiii

« Reply #51 on: 6 Dec 2012, 06:54 pm »
Please pass on our best to Brian and his wife.

glineus

« Reply #52 on: 7 Dec 2012, 09:00 am »
Best Wishes Brian.

I have enjoyed listening to speakers manufactured by your company over the years. Hoping that you shall recover fully  to enjoy retirement in good health.

Glineus

John Casler

« Reply #53 on: 7 Dec 2012, 03:41 pm »
It is with the greatest sadness that I must report I have received the following message from Brian's wife Shirley.

"Brian Cheney passed last night.  He was a wonderful husband, loving father, great speaker designer, and audiophile.  A sincere thank you to all friends and customers who enriched his life. 

Brian's Wife,
Shirley Cheney"

wshuff

« Reply #54 on: 7 Dec 2012, 03:46 pm »
Given the abrupt way that VMPS closed I feared that it was just a matter of time before we received this sad news.  Godspeed Brian, thank you for the music.  My condolences to the family.

jackman

« Reply #55 on: 7 Dec 2012, 03:49 pm »
Thanks John, you were a good friend to Brian and you have my sympathies.  My thoughts and prayers are with Brian's family and his friends.  He will always be remembered as a man of integrity and a good person, with a sincere passion for music and audio.  I will miss him and the contribution he made to the industry.  Hopefully someone will pick up the VMPS brand and help Brian's work and legacy continue into the future. 

This is a very sad day for all of the AC people and everyone who knew Brian.  I hope Brian's wife and family are aware of how he touched the lives of so many, and how much he was admired and respected by so many people. 

mrcasey69

« Reply #56 on: 7 Dec 2012, 03:57 pm »
I offer my deepest sympathies for Brian’s family.  I have only recently had the pleasure of acquiring some VMPS speakers.  In this short time I have learned of Brian’s passion for his product and the industry, and gained a great appreciation of what he has done for all of us.  His contributions have enriched the lives of many of us and he will be greatly missed by all.

Rick Craig

• Industry Participant
  • Selah Audio
    • http://www.selahaudio.com
« Reply #57 on: 7 Dec 2012, 04:14 pm »
My prayers are with Brian's wife and family. I never met him in person but we exchanged some PM's here and he was always cordial to me.

Rocket_Ronny

• Your Room Is Everything - Use It Well.
    • ScriptureSongs.com
« Reply #58 on: 7 Dec 2012, 04:21 pm »

Sad news John. A sobering reality for us all.

Rocket_Ronny

ted_b

• Volunteer
  • "we're all bozos on this bus" F.T.
« Reply #59 on: 7 Dec 2012, 04:25 pm »
Oh my, I was worried that his long hospital stay was not good news.  :(   Thoughts and prayers are with his family.  Brian broke the mold; he was what makes finding new friends such an enriching experience.  Rest In Peace Brian.