Brian is healing after a procedure (VMPS CLOSING)

John Casler

Brian is healing after a procedure (VMPS CLOSING)
« on: 15 Nov 2012, 08:33 pm »
Just received an e-mail from Brian's wife, who said he is "healing" after going through a procedure yesterday.

As many of you know he has been dealing with some health related issues over the last couple months.

So please note that his output will be down until such a time as he may be able to return to the factory.

I understand his production foreman is attempting to take care of any orders that he can, but I don't know what those are.

Here's wishing Brian a speedy recovery.
« Last Edit: 18 Nov 2012, 09:43 pm by John Casler »

Conradicles

Re: Brian is healing after a procedure
« Reply #1 on: 16 Nov 2012, 01:40 am »
Get well soon Brian! Hope all goes well. God bless. :)

buddyiramae

« Reply #2 on: 16 Nov 2012, 04:14 pm »
Big B. is in my prayers. John, thanks for the update.

Phil A

« Reply #3 on: 16 Nov 2012, 04:16 pm »
Brian - get well but don't rush back from anything

John Casler

Very Sad News
« Reply #4 on: 17 Nov 2012, 03:45 pm »
I am sorry to have such sad news, but I received an e-mail from B's wife with a short message:

John,
This is the online statement per Brian:  Due to health issues VMPS is closing.

That is all I know at this time, and I will post anything I receive as I receive it.

clarkjohnsen

« Reply #5 on: 17 Nov 2012, 04:40 pm »
Man this is sad news. I've known Brian since 1980, when I flew out to hear his speakers in view of becoming a dealer -- which I did. On that day he introduced me to tweakery like Jim Huff's (?) hawser speaker cables, John Curl's experimental electronics and the VPI Brick. There was no going back, and the loudspeakers were always a marvel.

clarkjohnsen

« Reply #6 on: 17 Nov 2012, 05:04 pm »

rbbert

Re: Very Sad News
« Reply #7 on: 17 Nov 2012, 07:08 pm »
I am sorry to have such sad news, but I received an e-mail from B's wife with a short message:

John,
This is the online statement per Brian:  Due to health issues VMPS is closing.
Sad news indeed.  It's really too bad something couldn't be worked out for others to continue building his designs, but more than that I hope Brian can recover enough to enjoy listening to his own components and music.

buddyiramae

« Reply #8 on: 17 Nov 2012, 07:12 pm »
Well, closing of VMPS is very sad news from my selfish perspective. On the other hand, my prayers will include Brian. I wish him full recovery.

fredgarvin

« Reply #9 on: 17 Nov 2012, 07:24 pm »
Very sad news, all my best to Mr. Cheney and his family.

Long Ear

« Reply #10 on: 17 Nov 2012, 08:33 pm »
This is very sad news indeed. I've had the extreme pleasure of dealing with Brian for the last 30 years or so & have owned & sold his fine speakers. May the Good Lord continue to bless you & yours. Our prayers are with you my friend & hope you have a speedy & complete recovery. We will all dearly miss your presence in our hobby. Take care my friend. Good luck, good health & enjoy the music.

slefty

« Reply #11 on: 18 Nov 2012, 12:43 am »
This is indeed sad news. Brian's speakers were not only exceptionally good, they were one of the few brands that offered true value to their customers.

Brian is a pretty cool guy, and I hope he recovers his health. That is the most important thing.

Douger

« Reply #12 on: 18 Nov 2012, 05:10 am »
Brian, I have always appreciated your generous helpful posts, and I pray for your quick complete recovery.

tull skull

• I can't send hare in search of anything!
« Reply #13 on: 18 Nov 2012, 05:27 am »
Praying for you Mr. Cheney.

You wont even remember me but when I took over Reference Sound and then started Integrity in Audio, you were very gracious and of great help to me.

I wanted to share a verse from the Bible but can't remember where it is at the moment. I hope it will provide you with great comfort.

"Cast all your cares upon Him (God); for He cares for you."

dubravko

« Reply #14 on: 18 Nov 2012, 08:49 pm »
Bad news indeed, I wish and hope Brian will recover to enjoy his retirement.

It is also too bad that his designs won't be available in the future.

Shear Bliss

Re: Brian is healing after a procedure (VMPS CLOSING)
« Reply #15 on: 19 Nov 2012, 05:26 pm »
The Closing of VMPS is very saddening, Brian was and is our Guilding Light. Get well soon, your in our prayers.

Shear Bliss

underdawg

• Industry Participant
« Reply #16 on: 19 Nov 2012, 05:47 pm »
Very sad and hard to hear. You are in our prayers get well soon. I have enjoyed every product I have owned and the attention you give to all your customers wish others would go that distance. I hope you can return at some point in some form and maybe keep vmps the great company it is.

ST86

« Reply #17 on: 19 Nov 2012, 05:51 pm »

Brian, we never met but we spoke on the phone and emailed.  Always appreciated your patience with my questions and your helpful advice. Sorry that your health has forced you to close the doors.

I wish you a full recovery.

Ed

Scottdazzle

« Reply #18 on: 19 Nov 2012, 06:00 pm »
Brian,

I wish you a full recovery and a rewarding retirement. Your speakers have made a lot of people, including me, very happy.

Scott

Darac

« Reply #19 on: 19 Nov 2012, 07:21 pm »
Guys think positively. In Croatia, it is said that a healthy man-has 1000 wishes, a sick one wish - to heal