Newport Beach Oppo 105 and Sony HAP-Z1ES Demo's!!!!

modwright

ModWright Instruments is pleased to announce that we will be showing at Newport with Dynamic Design, Stillpoints and Marten Speakers.

We will have the following demo sources for sale:

BDP 105D w/ModWright Truth Tube Mods, Bybee rail and Audio Magic Pulse Gen Zx ---> SOLD
Sony HAP-Z1ES with ModWright Truth Tube Mods—————————————————————>(SALE PENDING) $3995 ($5000 retail!)

All show products are sold on a first-come, first-serve basis.  To finalize purchase, payment must be paid in full, in advance.  All products sold, ship directly from the show, via Ground freight (included in price), following the end of the show.  All products are shipped NEW to show.

Newport Show begins May 30, 2014, ends June 1, 2014.

Our show demos always sell fast, so if interested, please call and let us know: 360.247.6688

Sincerely,

Dan W.
President, ModWright Instruments Inc.
« Last Edit: 19 Jun 2014, 12:14 am by modwright »

rbbert

Re: Newport Beach Oppo 105 and Sony HAP-Z1ES Demo's!!!!
« Reply #1 on: 6 May 2014, 08:02 pm »
Do you mean Marten speakers?

SoCalWJS

« Reply #2 on: 7 May 2014, 01:03 am »
Sigh...... I am SO tempted by that 105D  :drool:

brucel

« Reply #3 on: 9 May 2014, 01:55 am »
With all due respect, even at the introductory price this mod is overpriced.  And,  before you all pounce, I am or have been the proud owner of four Modwright products including the modified Transporter.  And yes, I realize that proportionately that mod was similarly priced.  My point is that in today's economy you can not expect to pay more than 100% of the retail price of a product to enhance it.  And in yesterday's economy, I was guilty of doing so.  I'll take my licks now.

rbbert

« Reply #4 on: 9 May 2014, 07:45 pm »
Could be...what would you suggest as an alternative at that price point?

Cheeseboy

« Reply #5 on: 9 May 2014, 07:48 pm »
I am so excited to hear the Sony.

modwright

« Reply #6 on: 11 May 2014, 04:04 am »
Hi BruceL.  I am not going to beat you up about the post, but I am confused by it.

You state that you are a proud owner of a number of our past modified products.  The cost of the Sony HAP-Z1ES mod is a bit higher than the Oppo 105 mod and also uses four VERY expensive Lundahl signal transformers, that none of our other mods in the past have.  It is a very different approach and borrows from our standalone ELYSE DAC, to be released this summer, that WILL be more expensive than any of these units WITH mods...yes it also uses four Lundahl signal transformers.

I guess what I am saying is that I won't apologize for our prices or our mods and products.  I have always and will always offer exceptional value for the investment.  That does not mean that our mods or products will always be 'inexpensive'.  It simply means that they WILL always FAR outperform their price-point.

I respect your opinion and of course appreciate your business to date.  Just not really sure what to make of your post.

Sincerely,

Dan W.
President, ModWright Instruments Inc.

modwright

« Reply #7 on: 15 May 2014, 03:58 am »
Hi Guys, at Munich show right now.  Updated status of demo units. 

Both Sony HAP-Z1ES and Oppo 105D with our Truth mods will be at the Newport Show!

We are displaying a Production version of the Elyse DAC at the MOC (Munich Convention Center) with Tune Audio, Signal Cables and others.

Our distributor for Germany, Austria and Switzerland, Ibex,  is showing our products at HiFi Deluxe, including a production version of the new PH 150 Reference Phono stage.

Thanks,

Dan

PLMONROE

« Reply #8 on: 25 May 2014, 10:34 pm »
Dan you may find this interesting. I have spent many hours listening to a friends system consisting of a full DCS stack, ARC Ref pre-amp and amps with Vandersteen 5A speakers  ==  quite an impressive system! I just got my Oppo-105D with your full mods and I can't quite decide whether it finally puts my system's sound on a par with his, or just a little bit ahead! Cant wait for the Sony unit which should be back this week.

modwright

« Reply #9 on: 27 May 2014, 06:30 pm »
Thanks for that feedback!  I really appreciate it!

We do our best here, to provide the BEST sound possible at real-world pricing.  In fact, I try to provide the best sound possible PERIOD!  AND, I like to keep the price of our products in the range of 'affordability'.

Your support is greatly appreciated.

Take care,

Dan