SOLD Berkeley Audio Design Alpha Series 2 DAC. SOLD

karmanfamily

• Restricted
Up for sale is a Berkeley Audio Design Alpha Series 2 DAC.

Model:
Alpha Series 2

Condition:
8/10
The front, sides and rear are perfect. The top has very small blemishes, not very noticeable, see pictures.

Functionality:
The Alpha was tested and works as it should.

Included are:
Original Packaging.
Remote.
Power Cable.
Manual.

No. of Owners:

Tobacco/Pet Free:
Yes

Product Highlights (Berkeley website):

The Alpha DAC Series 2 employs new clocking and isolation technologies that provide enhanced imaging precision, timbrel purity and resolution.
Unequaled interpolation technology up-samples 44.1kHz CD’s to provide almost 176.4kHz quality and  produces superb fidelity at all sampling rates from 32kHz to 192kHz
IR remote control of all functions including volume and balance allows direct connection to power amplifiers
Advanced input signal jitter rejection

Specifications:
Input sampling rate: 32kHz to 192kHz
Input word length: 24-bit
Two channel analog stereo outputs: XLR balanced and RCA unbalanced
Digital Inputs: AES - Single XLR 110Ω, SPDIF1 - BNC 75Ω, BADA, Toslink - Optical
HDCD decoding detects 16-bit flag at 44.1kHz or 24-bit flag at all sampling rates
Multiple digital filter options
Balanced analog output level: +18dBu maximum, +12dBu or lower recommended
Unbalanced analog output level: 3.25Vrms maximum, 2Vrms or lower recommended
Digital attenuation and balance control: 0.1dB/step with .05dB/step trim, 60dB range
Frequency response at ≥ 88.2kHz sampling rates: ± 0.1dB from < 0.1Hz to 35 kHz, - 3dB at 59kHz
for 176.4kHz and 192kHz sampling rates
Distortion at recommended levels: all products ≤ -120dBFS
THD+N at maximum level: < -110dBFS
Firmware field upgradeable through signal inputs
Enclosure dimensions: 1.75”H X 16.5”W x 10.4”D
Mains power: 120VAC, 50/60Hz, IEC power input connector
Power consumption: 25W, designed for continuous operation

Review:
The Absolute Sound: "The original Alpha DAC was a groundbreaking product, both in absolute performance and in its spectacular value. The Alpha DAC Series 2 is considerably better, and in musically significant ways." "The Alpha DAC Series 2 would have received my highest recommendation had it cost $15,000. Yes, it sounds that good. That it sells for $4995 qualifies as a minor miracle."

MSRP $4,995, I am asking $2399.99

Take advantage of 0% Interest and No Payments for 6 months through PayPal Credit.

Please check out my other audio gear bargains!

Shipping:
Shipping inside the USA is calculated exact by USPS or FedEx.
International Shipping is calculated exact by USPS.
Shipping weight is 12lb and measures 20x16x9

Payment:

I accept Paypal, Credit Cards, Wells Fargo SurePay, Cashier's Checks or Money Orders.
When Cashier's Checks or Money Orders are used, the item will ship once the C.C. or M.O. clears.
Please add 3% to the total when PayPal or Credit card payment is used.

When I ship International I am not responsible for any loss/damage during shipping and any Customs duties/fees/charges/taxes.
« Last Edit: 11 Jul 2017, 02:11 pm by karmanfamily »