force xl reveiw

rg

force xl reveiw
« on: 12 Jan 2008, 07:00 am »
first i'm not a audiophile.i order on 12-18-07 received the xl 1-7-08.
when i opend the box frist thing i saw the owner's manual in like a notbook.
to some this may mean nothing.  myself i pay attention to every little detail.
so i take the xl out of box and took cover of i did'nt even find a finger print.
i got the xl for the mmg's.but i put in my home theater to break in.i have svs 20-39 pci
in their.i just kept feeding bass.ok i'm going to be truthfull that little xl did hold it's own.
but understand this was with no setup at all just put on floor and fed bass.cause i did'nt
care about that.the xl is for the mmg's.i was using axiom ep 350 no matter what i did i coud not
get to blend with the mmg's. this is not a put down ep 350 it is a decent sup.just the mmg's are
so fast.then came the time for the xl setup had to use my ears since my nad dos'nt read burnt disks.
frist cd roger waters amused to death when he's doing all that talking i had trobble hearing it with the
xl in the mix i was able to hearv every word.the xl stops and starton the dime no overhang at all.i
could go on saying the same things that i heard about the xl instead i'll sum it up this way the xl will and
does add a whole new dismension to the music.i know this is not the best review.words and myself do not
get along.not at all.and if i was ever able to understand all this audio and video stuff hell would freeze over.
i bend siting here for six hr's tring to right this the best i can.it's so freak'in hard for me.well i'm going to somthing
to eat and hit the showers then bed then back to work.
ps wish all you and family's very happy prosperous new year.
                                                                      bean

Mike Dzurko

Re: force xl reveiw
« Reply #1 on: 13 Jan 2008, 01:45 pm »
It sounds like you are well on the way to getting perfect integration with your Maggies. Take your time, you may well find some additional tweaking will help even further.

Thanks for taking the time to write, I think you make your points quite well:

"I'll sum it up this way the xl will and
does add a whole new dimension to the music."

Enjoy!

griller

« Reply #2 on: 14 Jan 2008, 05:43 pm »
If you have another CD player that does play burned discs and get a RatShack meter it will help a lot. I was sortof going in circles till I started using the meter.  Don't fret, as a Force owner, I know your sub will most definitely work extremely well with the MMGs. Probably one of the only subs that really will.

Eric

« Reply #3 on: 14 Jan 2008, 08:27 pm »
Great review!!