Skiing Ninja Master x-ls Encore Speakers - One of a Kind and the Last from Us!

The Ninja

• Industry Participant
  • Manufacturer
    • Skiing Ninja Systems
As you may or may not know, Skiing Ninja Systems has closed its doors.  This isn't a pause like in 2014; Mrs. Ninja's health continues to decline and something has to give.  Skiing Ninja was open for business for around eight years and we lament its loss.

With that out of the way, I have for you a one of a kind pair of x-ls Encore Ninja Master speakers.  These began as the prototypes for something we were internally calling "Ninja Punk".  A bit Steam Punk and a generous dose of Ninja.  We had some really cool stuff planned for these and even have most of the components in stock for the first run. 

With the shuttering of the business, we have decided to make these available as 'standard' speakers but with a completely custom finish.  I formulated the color myself and it is not available anywhere else.  The speakers were shot in a booth with a base/clear system - and the clear is Glasurit 923-109.  Those in the biz know that this clear imported from Germany is one of the top of line clears available anywhere.  It looks awesome!  If it is good enough for a 200mph car, I think it will hold up nicely here :)

Specs:

NoRez lined cabinet
Polyfill added
Ninja Master Crossover - custom layout for this pair only
Pure point to point connections - no PCB
Matched Sonicap G1 capacitors
Erse XQ Perfect lay inductors - correctly laid out to avoid crosstalk
Mills Resistors
Electra Tube Connectors
Electra Cable - The 15ga. conductor is solid core high purity copper (99.98%) with a 30 mil polyethylene insulator
60 durometer stand offs - keeps the board from vibrating on the cabinet
Cardas Quad Eutectic Solder

Now, you notice I said prototype up there.  That means these aren't cosmetically perfect.  I'll post some general photos and then a couple showing you what I mean.

So from a cosmetic standpoint, these cabinets were were not built correctly.
You can see the seam going off the the right.  I filled it with Evercoat 416 but it is still slightly visible.

Here is a better photo of what I am talking about.  You can really see it here however, under normal viewing conditions, you won't see it.

This is the rear of the speaker (AKA never gonna see it) but there is a slight run in the clear.

There are other small dirt nibs here and there but all very small.  You can sand and polish to make it all look perfect (not counting the seams) if you like.

These are set up basically the same as the x-ls Encore Ninja Master speakers that won the small speaker shootout at StereoMojo.com several years ago. 

Those were $1000/pr in a standard finish (absolutely worth it) + about $500 in paint materials and labor = $1500/pr

I want to do these for $995 + actual shipping cost to you.

I will warranty them for three years and Danny has stock of the drivers.

The first person to email sean@skiingninja.com that wants this pair will get them.  I will update as soon as they are gone.

HAL

• Industry Contributor
Sorry to hear about this and Mrs. Ninja!

They look great.   Hope someone picks them up soon.  They are great sounding speakers!

stu

Yes Sean, sorry to hear about this. Hope your wife recovers completely. You will be missed.
Take care,
Mark

The Ninja

• Industry Participant
  • Manufacturer
    • Skiing Ninja Systems
Thanks HAL and stu!  We really do appreciate the support.

jimdgoulding

For those of you with a smallish room yet large enough to get the speakers (on stands) a good ways off the wall behind them and your chair as well, I believe these will invite you into a 3-dimensional soundscape with instruments separated front to back, side to side, and diagonally as tho musicians are in your room.  For those of you who listen to acoustic music made on location, you want this, trust me.  And that would include orchestral music tho, in which case, it would be more as tho you would be in the hall where the recording was made.  That is a benefit of compact two-ways and proper placement of them- good ones, at any rate, which I am trusting these are- and you will have the ability to pick your row with judicious use of your volume control.